Gripes, Complaints, Rants...

SiamSam

I was the cunt Unc. Sorry.

Don't know your motorbike or your ex. So no gobbing and no hero indiscretions.

You sound well and full of piss and vinegar. You gonna be around Patts for our birthday this year?

Nah sorry mate, got to go & be a best man at some other cunt's wedding.

Our little cuddle will have to wait for now... Christ, I'm so glad you haven't got a thick skin!

:give_rose:

• Upvote 1

why is it every time i put diesel in my car in the garage i have to ask for a receipt....never do the bastards ask me do i want one...nooooo....i have to fuckin ask for it.....contrast that with any supermarket/store.....they always give a receipt without asking for it...in fact ,i dont want one from tescos,because i cant claim tax relief on food can i ,therefore i dont need a receipt...but i can claim tax relief on diesel,but i need a fuckin receipt to do that.....every fuckin time...not once do they say " would you like a receipt?" do they  fuck........ bastards....

• Upvote 1

why is it every time i put diesel in my car in the garage i have to ask for a receipt....never do the bastards ask me do i want one...nooooo....i have to fuckin ask for it.....contrast that with any supermarket/store.....they always give a receipt without asking for it...in fact ,i dont want one from tescos,because i cant claim tax relief on food can i ,therefore i dont need a receipt...but i can claim tax relief on diesel,but i need a fuckin receipt to do that.....every fuckin time...not once do they say " would you like a receipt?" do they  fuck........ bastards....

Willie, the answer to your question is in your post. Any receipt that can be used to offset tax has a value. They won't offer you a receipt because they are hoping you will forget to ask for it. They then have an asset to sell.

Years ago I worked with a Londoner who told me of his weekly round of restaurants he visited to pay them for any uncollected receipts. From memory he paid 10% of their value which he then onsold to salesmen & others who could claim them as entertainment expenses. Their company would reimburse them the full face value of the receipt.

Fuel receipts are even better because they go straight to the Tax Office with no chance of a company accountant checking up on who was being entertained. A problem that occasionally occurred.

• Upvote 2

while im at it......why is it when i go in the bank,the post office ,the garage (again) they try and sell me shit im not remotely interested in? ....I go in the post office to post a package....would i like to buy some home insurance...perhaps life insurance...premium bonds?....would i fuck....leave me alone.....ditto in the bank....I see Mr Smith that you are getting no interest on the money in your account..could we interest you in changing to this new super dooper account...bla bla fuck off not interested.....paying for my diesel in the garage .. ....would i like to buy 2 energy drinks for £2,,nooooooo fuckin leave me alone,if i wanted an energy drink or 2 ,i'd fuckin ask for them...just give me the fuckin receipt.....

• Upvote 2

My internet went down 3 days ago at my house. I have tried and tried and tried to resolve the goddam problem with the internet provider but get recordings that leads me to another recording and finally I get some place where I am compelled to remain ON FUCKING HOLD for hours until some guy with a hard to understand foreign accent comes on to tell me he has no idea how to remedy my problem and someone will (might) be in contact with me soon.  :mad0216:  :mad0235:  

I hate the bastards. 

My internet went down 3 days ago at my house. I have tried and tried and tried to resolve the goddam problem with the internet provider but get recordings that leads me to another recording and finally I get some place where I am compelled to remain ON FUCKING HOLD for hours until some guy with a hard to understand foreign accent comes on to tell me he has no idea how to remedy my problem and someone will (might) be in contact with me soon.  :mad0216:  :mad0235:  

I hate the bastards. 

just out of curiousity, where might you be located, Sam ?

while im at it......why is it when i go in the bank,the post office ,the garage (again) they try and sell me shit im not remotely interested in? ....I go in the post office to post a package....would i like to buy some home insurance...perhaps life insurance...premium bonds?....would i fuck....leave me alone.....ditto in the bank....I see Mr Smith that you are getting no interest on the money in your account..could we interest you in changing to this new super dooper account...bla bla fuck off not interested.....paying for my diesel in the garage .. ....would i like to buy 2 energy drinks for £2,,nooooooo fuckin leave me alone,if i wanted an energy drink or 2 ,i'd fuckin ask for them...just give me the fuckin receipt.....

I know you are only having a rant Willie but did you know they can lose their job if they don't ask? It's done in the name of efficiency by big business to maximise customer contact. 

I know someone who has worked in a bank for years. She wants to leave after being happy for nearly all her time there. The bank now insists she has to offer various products to every customer. Not all products to all customers but the one she considers they might need.

I asked her what's wrong with that. It's no harder than saying hello & goodbye, she can just mention it in conversation. She agreed with me if that was all that was involved but the bank monitor her results & send her for "retraining" if they aren't considered good enough. If she still doesn't meet expectations, she can be dismissed.

The stress caused by this type of commission selling hangs over the head of all the staff. We might get annoyed by their insistence, they get sleepless nights & stress-related illness.

There is one particular member here who has a gripe about being followed around in shops by assistants who keep asking can i help you sir.  I know of one shop in Pattaya, I would assume it's a common practice that the staff are told to get certain targets each day, hence hounding us to buy more products.  It puts pressure on the staff of course and is irritating to most customers. I am reluctant to even enter some shops when I see a few eager staff waiting to pounce. 

Specific for Bangkok:

Twats on motorcycles who hammer down the road in a built-up area at ridiculous speeds.. What do you think is going to happen if anything gets out in front of you? You don't know because the only thing you can think is how cool you look. But you don't, cos everyone thinks "twat. And i bet you haven't got mirrors. And if you had, they would be angled so you could look at yourself when you're riding along to see how cool you look just before you crash. And let's not forget the fucking Isaan taxi drivers who are less than 24 hours off their buffalo and think they know every nook and cranny in Bangkok. Fucktards couldn't find their ass with both hands, a map and compass, and a Sherpa guide. And will they listen to directions? Oh fuck no! They are Thai and obviously know every-fucking-thing! Why listen to the white man? Jesus, line them up against the wall and do this country a favor.

• Upvote 2

@pacman....yes it is the corporate bigwigs who insist on bank tellers etc pestering their customers,i would of course like to meet one to give them both barrells....another thing i hate ......-.americanisms  creeping into the english english language....more and more brits are now saying MATH as in ...you do the math...i fuckin hate that,its maths you dopey cunts ,plural,mathematics is the subject-there is no singular.....now brit  people are saying BUTT as in nice butt on her.....FFS ,its arse.....

• Upvote 2

A fucking scrounging farang tried to tap me for some money (100 Baht) on Soi Buckaroo a few days ago!!!!

Seriously dude, do you think I give a flying fuck if there is a 5 hour time delay on your ATM card and hence you haven't eaten for 2 days. If you can't afford to be in LOS, then fook aff home, nobody believes your bullshit story, and if they did you still have no chance!!

That very same night, Brother 17 told me that a Russian dude was trying to "borrow" money off the La Bamba girls. They thought it was the funniest thing ever, that a strange farang would approach them asking for some money to buy food.

• Upvote 1

Seriously dude, do you think I give a flying fuck if there is a 5 hour time delay on your ATM card and hence you haven't eaten for 2 days. If you can't afford to be in LOS, then fook aff home, nobody believes your bullshit story, and if they did you still have no chance!!

Jeeez, ciobha, you sound like them expats whos been in Thailand a little too long and snaps at any minor incident :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

Jeeez, ciobha, you sound like them expats whos been in Thailand a little too long and snaps at any minor incident :biggrin:

Im not including the sexpat Ciobha here, but I know what you mean about the expats whinging, hear them all the time in the Triangle & Barbie bars complaining about this, that and the other about Thai's and how hard they are done by.

Ive felt like leaping up and shouting "why dont you all fuck off back home then?" on numerous occasions but I bite my lip

It does have its compensations  only being a two/tree/four week millionaire holidaymaker and sex tourist in Thailand sometimes  :biggrin:

A fucking scrounging farang tried to tap me for some money (100 Baht) on Soi Buckaroo a few days ago!!!!

If you're talking about that South African guy on Soi Buakhow, I gave him some money - he only asked me for 30Baht.

What goes around comes around, Kharma and all that. B)