Gripes, Complaints, Rants...

SiamSam

There was a farang in a wheel chair in Coconut Avenue a while back I had the pleasure of avoiding trying the sympathy vote of 'give me money'.   Probaby could do a good 10K time, but still a jerk go back to where u came from.

What is it with farang that they think those stupid trillbie ( kiss me quick ) hats look good , but fair play to the Thai's for taking the piss so well and charging 2/300 baht a pop, when I saw them in Ayuthaya for 40 baht.

Arm sleeve tattoo's on a ( I want to be in the gang ) skinny white twat that looks like he just slipped up in a cow pat. Go to the gym first and then ask your girlfriend what looks good instead of trying to think for yourself.

Stupid Thai's ( all ages ) that ride a scooter side saddle or sitting on there other leg to fast to look 'cool' .... and with the baffles out to attract attention....  bigger louder the bike the smaller the man, so my dad used to say. 

Anyone that looks me up and down when Im with a sexy slinky LB, and there with a chubby pig they married or dragged on holiday because she was the best of a bad bunch in the farm he found her in.

There's loads more but just a tongue in cheek rant about some things thatDONT keep me awake at night.    :biggrin:

Im live and let live and enjoy watching the people that amuse me as Im sure I do to some of them...     :crazy:

• Upvote 1

My only gripe is that I've got to that age when I have enough spare cash to indulge myself in faraway holidays and p4p, but no longer have the physical ability to make the most of it.  :huh:

Ahhhhhhh, such is the sad thing about life. A real kick in the ass and a poor design flaw in God's plan. I prefer the Benjamin Button approach to it all. It would be great to head towards one's end with lots of disposable cash, wisdom, stamina, drive, and of course a teenage hard on.

Bingo Mr. Slim. 

I was in Dublin many years ago and dropped into a pub one evening on the way back to my hotel. It was a small place but filled with jovial beer drinking locals. All very friendly filled with good cheer. While seated at the bar a local gentleman and I struck up a conversation. I told him I was from Canada and he went on talking about his relatives who immigrated to Canada over the decades. We got on really well and shared a few pints. It was all quite pleasant and I thought the Irish were a very friendly fun-loving bunch. At one point I happened to mention to him that one of my favourite Irish artists is Van Morrison. Within an instant his smile turned into a sneer, his face puckered up crimson and he exclaimed loudly to all in attendance while spraying Guinness spittle all over my face : "That cock-sucking cunt!!!" It got everyone's attention and others seem to concur with my friend's sentiments. Hence forth his mood soured and I never quite understood what I had said to upset him so much. 

What is with the Irish and their dislike of Morrison. Is it because I was in Dublin and Morrison is from the North? 

• Upvote 1

My only gripe is that I've got to that age when I have enough spare cash to indulge myself in faraway holidays and p4p, but no longer have the physical ability to make the most of it.  :huh:

Don't get a mortgage and you'll be fine - escape from the treadmill

Bingo Mr. Slim. 

What is with the Irish and their dislike of Morrison. Is it because I was in Dublin and Morrison is from the North? 

Nothing to do with where he is from SS.  I have heard from guys who have been in his presence that he just grunts and can be quite obnoxious.  Not a likable trait in anyone.  Let's hope he is not an LB lover. :biggrin: 

Well, say what you want about him. He might be a miserable, obnoxious fucker but no one can deny he is one helluva gifted, talented artist. He has written some of the most memorable music of our generation IMO. Right up there with the likes of Dylan. Regardless of his character and personality Ireland should be proud of Morrison and his contribution to the music scene. 

• Upvote 1

Bingo Mr. Slim. 

I was in Dublin many years ago and dropped into a pub one evening on the way back to my hotel. It was a small place but filled with jovial beer drinking locals. All very friendly filled with good cheer. While seated at the bar a local gentleman and I struck up a conversation. I told him I was from Canada and he went on talking about his relatives who immigrated to Canada over the decades. We got on really well and shared a few pints. It was all quite pleasant and I thought the Irish were a very friendly fun-loving bunch. At one point I happened to mention to him that one of my favourite Irish artists is Van Morrison. Within an instant his smile turned into a sneer, his face puckered up crimson and he exclaimed loudly to all in attendance while spraying Guinness spittle all over my face : "That cock-sucking cunt!!!" It got everyone's attention and others seem to concur with my friend's sentiments. Hence forth his mood soured and I never quite understood what I had said to upset him so much. 

i had the same reaction while sitting in a pub and a tourist went on to tell me how Celine Dion was the greatest singer on earth

Well, say what you want about him. He might be a miserable, obnoxious fucker but no one can deny he is one helluva gifted, talented artist. He has written some of the most memorable music of our generation IMO. Right up there with the likes of Dylan. Regardless of his character and personality Ireland should be proud of Morrison and his contribution to the music scene. 

Nope, never been a fan of Van "The Manilow" Morrison. 

If you were talking about Peter Gabriel I'd be right there with you though.

• Upvote 1

I would give Lemmy money to have that mole of his removed, if he needed it.

Leave him alone 4:17, he got me pissed once in Stingfellows nightclub (London) , becasuse I went up to hime & told him that I was skint & then kindly asked him to buy me a beer!!!... About three weeks later when I offered to buy him a drink back he got me pissed again.... He's not just a 'Hawk'God' .. He's a fukin' nice bloke too!

Loved him since I was 11 yrs old & 'Silver Machine' changed my life... I'm sure he's one of us too!

Bingo Mr. Slim. 

Im English & I can't stand the cunt!

• Upvote 1

Van the Man? In his time one of the greatest artists in pants! But he seems like a real piece of work, years ago I read an interview with one of the members of his band who was fired for mentioning Van during another interview, he didn't say anything negative about him, just mentioned his name & Van never called him for another gig.

There is no question in my mind that one of the greatest recordings ever is VM's "Astral Weeks", a stunning masterpiece.

Quite a number of years ago I was lucky enough to work with one of the musicians on it, the well known jazz bassist Richard Davis & I couldn't resist asking him about that record, even more rewarding to me since his acoustic bass is really the standout or lead instrument on it. He mentioned that for it being one of the hundreds of gigs he has done it was the one that he is constantly asked about & at the time he hardly thought anything of it.

He said he was hired along with 2 other well known jazz musicians for a session with some guy they never heard of ( I think this would be around '67).

They arrived in the studio, set up, Van came in & hardly said a word to them, went into his little acoustic cubicle & said the key & just started playing, not a word otherwise. They went throught several tunes in 1-2 takes improvising on the spot following his changes & then he left with hardly a word & that was it! They thought it was strange but the checks didn't bounce so they forgot about it. 

Van, Miles, Dylan, Glenn Gould, etc.... they just come from different planets than the rest of us & are pissed that they have to stay here with us I think. 

• Upvote 1

I don't like him because he's rude and obnoxious I never really liked his music either , hearing Brown Eyed Girl at every wedding disco you've ever been to gets a little much after a while .

Here's a nice little mural for all you fans painted recently in Belfast city center   

post-104-0-27337300-1377340213_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

INSOMNIA!!!       

uggghhhhhh

JD, I started to write you a reply based on some recent experience, then thought better of giving advice on a public forum about something that is none of my business.

Here's what I do feel comfortable saying - go see your doctor about your insomnia. You could be heading for a stroke or a heart attack. Seriously. PM me if you want to know why.

Guys wearing Ed Hardy shirts, clothes etc. FFS! His designs have always been hideous and when I see someone wearing one of his shirts it makes me just want stab them in the face. I am not the fashion police, but there is a line you cross if you think these shirts are cool. There...I feel better now, thanks! -Swedeman007