Gripes, Complaints, Rants...

SiamSam

It certainly was cool at that time but now the room has warmed up and the fan is like one of those heat blasters. It turns out it was to wake everyone up to tell them the local news. Can you imagine the reaction back home if someone pulled a stunt like that.

By the way I'd kill for a chair right now and my own towel. It's the simple things we take for granted in Pattaya.

Guest JustSumGai

It certainly was cool at that time but now the room has warmed up and the fan is like one of those heat blasters. It turns out it was to wake everyone up to tell them the local news. Can you imagine the reaction back home if someone pulled a stunt like that.

By the way I'd kill for a chair right now and my own towel. It's the simple things we take for granted in Pattaya.

lol...love it. This kind of stuff is exactly what I pack. At least one good thick, fluffy big towel. This year I got an inflatable lounge chair that's more comfy than a recliner, downside is, fuggin thing takes up mega space and space in a Thai home is constantly in flux. Seems nothing has a set place and one minute the middle of the room is open, the next it's filled with stuff and become the diningroom table. 

http://www.amazon.com/Intex-Recreation-Ultra-Lounge-Ottoman/dp/B00464AJ7U

I got mine for $23, but THIS one looks better as mine (above) has too much angle and the last foot or so your head never even comes in contact with.  

http://www.amazon.com/Inflatable-Colorful-Chaise-Lounge-Ottoman/dp/B00B8AOVNI

But I DO get TIRED of stack chairs. There's a mesh gizmo that fits over the back of em tho that adds quite a lot of comfort.  If I ever see one again I'm buyin it. Saw em on sale at the Block BANKOK street fairs. 

I also take an inflatable double bed and have a french press and stovetop espresso maker stashed there.  The basic simple stuff is NOT so basic over there. 

• Upvote 1

It is a bit of an endurance as you can gather Seven. The family must be one of the few in Thailand with no motorbike and as there is no public transport I am more or less stuck here. Thai TV, no chairs, one of those big concrete containers with water for a shower and my friend the hole in the ground toilet. Woken early each morning with the though of spending most of the dwy sitting on the hard ground doew not exactly fill me with the joys of life. Yesterday it was dried frog for breakfast.

If it wasn't for the internet on my phone I'm not sure what I would do. The good news is I get released tomorrow and you won't see a happier man in Thailand as the guy who gets on the Pattaya bound bus in Korat bus station. The things we do for love eh...

• 4 months later...

Held the door open for a Russian mother pushing a buggy at Central Festival yesterday and she walked passed me like I wasn't there, not even a smile of appreciation.  Why bother sometimes.

Because it is the right thing to do, even for the rude, obnoxious Russian tourists. In the end you will get some good Karma, and she will get some bad Karma.

By the way, the next time you're dragged to the village have one of the internet sticks for your laptop as well, browsing on the phone is more limited, you can do more with the laptop.

• Upvote 1

Held the door open for a Russian mother pushing a buggy at Central Festival yesterday and she walked passed me like I wasn't there, not even a smile of appreciation.  Why bother sometimes.

the russians have no concept of what we in the west call "manners".......just get on a baht bus from jomtien and see how many of them  move up  to let you sit down...........none.

Guest JustSumGai

I've got an inflatable easy chair I take with me sometimes.  Problem with that is they're so disorganized that you can barely find a place to put it and sit down with space enough to be out of the path of milling people.  But it IS damn comfy, has a foot stool too. If you left it there the kids or someone would blow it up and put holes in it being stupid gits.

By the way, the next time you're dragged to the village have one of the internet sticks for your laptop as well, browsing on the phone is more limited, you can do more with the laptop.

I guess I can pick one up in Tukcom. 

No matter how rude the Russians are some of their women give the LBs a run for their money. :party0021:

Highway from Bangkok to Pattaya is a mess. I'm there now. Tons of diversions and construction. Mainly between Chonburi and Pattaya. At times, dead stop for 5 minutes. Tons of trucks. Fortune Tower to Pattaya more than 3 hours so far and we're still 5km from Pattaya. The alternate route closer to the sea is surely better, or go at an off time.

Update: 3 hrs 40 min to Beach Rd. Pattaya Klang was closed from 2nd Rd to Beach Dr by police parade. 2nd Road is like a jungle track, work no one in sight working on it!

Part of the delay was to move a body off of the highway. He was extracted from a wrecked car. Really bad accident, looks like he probably slid under a truck at high speed. 2nd dead body I've seen here this year.

WTF happened to this organized place I love?!

• Upvote 1

I guess I can pick one up in Tukcom. 

No matter how rude the Russians are some of their women give the LBs a run for their money. :party0021:

I remember one time PDogg and I got on a baht bus, and a Russian girl with her mom and brother sat down, the girl next to me,  and she was so cute, I was asking her if she was Maria Sharapova, or a famous model in Russia, and she was smiling and giggling, told me no she wasn't. I said she could be a model. Even her mom and brother were smiling from listening to me heap on the compliments. 

• Upvote 1

I remember one time PDogg and I got on a baht bus, and a Russian girl with her mom and brother sat down, the girl next to me,  and she was so cute, I was asking her if she was Maria Sharapova, or a famous model in Russia, and she was smiling and giggling, told me no she wasn't. I said she could be a model. Even her mom and brother were smiling from listening to me heap on the compliments. 

She has starred in a few of my wanks :sign0007: , must be the panty shots :innocent0001:

post-136-0-53297900-1413030619_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-72585200-1413030645_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-81785000-1413030667_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I hear ya Buddy.

Most of the Ruskies I've observed are pretty self-absorbed, no one else exists.

The women are beautiful, but they are the most dour, rude and ill mannered people it has been my misfortune to be around.

Besides that they are swell :)

Part of the delay was to move a body off of the highway. He was extracted from a wrecked car. Really bad accident, looks like he probably slid under a truck at high speed. 2nd dead body I've seen here this year.

Its bad news i agree. When i go the airport from Soi 4 i try to take the longer way to the airport and you arrive around the back way . It takes longer but much less chance of a pile up and the normal route is 10 times more likely to get you killed.. thats what the driver told me and its the same price and i believe him

The Truck drivers are to blame i was told for most of the motorway crashes due to tiredness .  Two years back i see two nasty ones in the space of a mile.. one Truck Driver scythed in two...yeeeccchhhh

Most of the Ruskies I've observed are pretty self-absorbed, no one else exists.

The women are beautiful, but they are the most dour, rude and ill mannered people it has been my misfortune to be around.

Following the Russkies in regards to dour looks?  The old English ladies, walking along Beach Road or on Phuket with their pudgy, pasty husband, who is getting cat-called by the 19-year old hotties in the beer bars. In 3rd place for being in a bad mood; those same old English guys who have to walk along Beach road with their middle-aged wife, knowing full well that all the candy on display is NOT theirs for the taking.

• Upvote 1