Ramblings & Replies

Can you believe that shit?

I mean, even if you're rich, 47 grand; for one dinner??  Seems crazy......

I've seen posts on str8 monger forums of a guy proudly holding up his printed bill of 20K baht or so.  Guess that's one of the appealing things about Thailand, you can party with reckless abandon and it is still somewhat affordable.

But back to the Hampton's fatcat,

Let's say you make a million after taxes per year, would you still want to spend 5% of that mostly for bottles of wine?

So I figure this guy, I just assume it's a white male, makes much more than a million a year after tax.

He most certainly plays the capitalist game well but I wonder what value he adds to society.

Maybe it's time for a revolution?

But there are ways to get away cheap in this Hampton's eatery.  For example, cappuchino is only twice the price of Starbucks.

• Upvote 1

Keep in mind that may have been an expense account as well; but still outrageous.

The restaurant in question is on Madison Ave in NYC, a block from Central Park and across from a Hermes store - which sells handbags and belts for 2500 bucks, I looked it up - but they have a branch in the Hamptons.  I doubt that one is expensive as their NYC location but you never know!

Some of the Yelp and Trip Advisor reviews are not all that flattering.

http://www.yelp.com/biz/nellos-new-york

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-g60763-d424088-Reviews-Nello_s-New_York_City_New_York.html

Article from the Tampa Bay Times which showed up in my news feed today, 

''How riding your bike can land you in trouble with the cops — if you're black''

http://www.tampabay.com/news/publicsafety/how-riding-your-bike-can-land-you-in-trouble-with-the-cops---if-youre-black/2225966

''In the past three years, Tampa police have written 2,504 bike tickets — more than Jacksonville, Miami, St. Petersburg and Orlando combined. But here's something they don't mention about the people they ticket: Eight out of 10 are black.

The Times analyzed more than 10,000 bicycle tickets Tampa police issued in the past dozen years. The newspaper found that even though blacks make up about a quarter of the city's population, they received 79 percent of the bike tickets.''

"You almost roll your eyes when you read the reports," said Circuit Judge Tracy Sheehan.  it occurred to me the stops were all occurring in certain neighborhoods and with certain children, and not in my neighborhood, and not with the white kids." Just a wild guess here, but I am betting Judge Sheehan is white?

I don't know, I was told recently that white, Christian males have a target on their backs and that it's "open season" on those poor, downtrodden whites;  is the Tampa Bay Times lying to us?

ENGINEER

what's that I smell in the air
the American dream
sweet as a new millionaire
the American dream
pre-packed, ready-to-wear
the American dream
fat, like a chocolate eclair
as you suck out the cream

luck by the tail
how can you fail?
and best of all, it's for sale
the American dream

The great Jonathan Price

ENGINEER

The Engineer is a barowner.  His bar named Dreamland.  The Number 1 Girl is Gigi Van Tran; I suppose a ladyboy?  However, the lead character prefers the barely 17, underage, farm fresh Kim.

This song, The Heat Is On In Saigon, was my first exposure to bargirls:

• Upvote 1

The 25 year revival is now playing in London to a filled house...The new Gigi is really really hot Filipina...The new Kim  is an 18 year old Filipina Yank from North Carolina...Another topical tune from Miss Saigon.......

The new London stars Kim (black) and Gigi (red).........Eva Noblezada and Rachelle Ann Go.....

For all the world's bar girls and bar boys...............

West Germany?

Migrant Workers Instructed to Wear ID Wristbands

PATHUM THANI — In an effort to crackdown on undocumented immigrants, police in Pathum Thani have instructed migrant workers in a major market to wear wristbands indicating they have been properly registered.

Pol.Maj.Gen. Montri Yimyaem, commander of Pathum Thani Police, said that workers from neighboring countries who have registered with police will be required to wear the dark red wristbands in public places.

http://www.khaosodenglish.com/detail.php?newsid=1429680659

We need more guns!!!

I really wonder how many of those were from legal weapons.  I also wonder how many of those number were suicides.  I know you think  am some sort of gun nut, I dont own one BTW, but I also wonder how many people actually defended themselves with weapons.

I wish we lived in cities where we didnt need weapons but we do.  Its a harsh reality.  i guess you would be all for a "stop and frisk" type program in the city of new York then??  I guess you would be for a harsh minimum sentence for citizens who are found with illegal guns then??   i guess you would favor harsh sentences for any citizen who carry guns in the commission of a crime then??

BTW where I live its IMPOSSIBLE for me to legally own a gun even if its only to keep in my dwelling.  Its a strange FACT that places that have the strictest gun laws have some of the highest murder rates.  Go figure.  The only reason thats not the case in the city of new York is that we have had adults running things the past 20 years but dont worry things are a changing now since we have elected a total knucklehead!!!!!

I think the purpose of the 2nd Amendment was so citizens could overthrow the government.  

Things have changed in the last 225 years.  We have electricity, autos, and Al Gore even invented the internet.  I don't think we want armed private militias fighting our law enforcement and military.  Would Mayor Daley have appreciated it if anti-war protesters were packing?

I don't see any reason for citizens to own handguns or assault weapons.

Yes, I favor extremely harsh sentences for those who use guns in the commission of a crime.

Europe seems to do just fine without citizens owning handguns.

I never owned a gun and I don't want the bad guys having them either.

Don't need one in either the Big Apple or the Big Mango.

• Upvote 1

I just happened last night to watch a film about this guy who is one of the top viral videos ever on youtube, usually billed as "the world's angriest man" or the "winnebago man", I kinda remember seeing it a few years ago but had no idea it was so well known among younger folks. This guy had no idea that he was an internet superstar, he lives alone in a mountain cabin now & is in his 80s & blind. 

He's still pissed off too!

• Upvote 1