Ramblings & Replies

Thank you BB, I really enjoyed that  B)

I've always been a fan of instrumentals. This one seems like another life ago.

My pleasure DC, it's a number I had totally forgotten about.  You are right about it seeming like another life ago.  I was 13 at the time, remember many of the songs so well but that teenage boy seems like another person looking back now.  

This song from Manhatten Transfer, On a little street in Singapore was on the same show.  At that age all these exotic places seemed so, so far away and I had not idea SE Asia would be a part of the world I would come to love in my later years.

Looking at the video its good to see Farangbah again,,did not realise he had such a good voice but the dress sense is the same. :biggrin: 

Manhattan Transfer! Blimey, that takes me back. Many years ago I was staying at the Sydney Hilton where they were the visiting artists playing the nightclub, Juliana's. I think the name has changed a few times since but back then, all Hilton's had a Juliana's.

I saw them perform every night I was there & it all seemed so Sydney, so modern, so terribly sophisticated for a young lad from interstate. I never got to speak to them despite fancying the ladies (wishful thinking or what?). I did see them getting into a crowded lift but I didn't have the nerve to try squeezing in behind them. All I got was their faces looking at me as the door shut.

Better than nothing I suppose. At least I get to reminisce whenever their name is mentioned. And that doesn't happen often.

• Upvote 1

Since we are adding music videos here some of you may enjoy this one, I know I did!

Just filmed 2 nights ago in Brooklyn, Johnny Marr and bassist Andy Rourke of The Smiths getting back together for a rousing version of "How soon is now?", one of the greatest feedback songs of all time;

• Upvote 2
  • 3 weeks later...