Ramblings & Replies

My goodness me. 

Reminds me of a herd of juvenile seals in rut, swarming ashore on some farflung oceanic beach, suberect and desperate to get on with it.

Come to think of it, that is rather like a wild night out in Sunee, isn't it.

Someone posted another of these Thai army rituals on Facebook that the brass make the privates do, because they can.  Looks like a wild night out in Sunee.  :biggrin:

So I guess gays in the military are okay in Thailand? Oh, right, but they're not gay.

Don't ask, don't tell.

I know a ladyboy who just got called up; I better not show her this photo or she might shave her head, take the implants out and enlist, 555.

My goodness me. 

Reminds me of a herd of juvenile seals in rut, swarming ashore on some farflung oceanic beach, suberect and desperate to get on with it.

Come to think of it, that is rather like a wild night out in Sunee, isn't it.

Cover you in som tam Ken and throw you into the middle of them all. :winking0023: 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a question/guidance needed from some of you technical boffins, as I am not particularly computer savvy.

I got one of those cold calls on the phone this afternoon, from someone in a call centre claiming he was from Microsoft Windows.

He told me my computer was corrupted and it would slow down and pack in if this was not rectified. Then he asks me to switch on my computer and follow his guidelines to rectify the problem. I thought it all a bit suspect, so rejected his request saying I was busy but to call again later.

Is this standard procedure for Windows, or should I be wary and tell him to fuck off  ( or words to that effect)

ciobha, you are quite correct. MS NEVER calls people for this. This was likely an attempt to hack your computer. You should actually report it to police the next time he attempts to call. ie: say you're busy next time and ask for a call back number so you can use that to report to police.

Yea it's a scam for sure.  We used to get them at least one a week last year, they have died off recently, they are spreading their wings up north now it appears.  

Usually it's an Indian sounding voice saying they are from Microsoft/ your internet provider/pc doctor and they have detected a virus/ unusual activity on your computer and can you turn it on and they will guide you through the repair.  This is so they can get into your computer and charge you for nothing, while maybe putting some malicious software on your machine.

Read all about it:  

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055837564

Cheers BB, they said they are going to call back in the morning, so I am going to have a little bit of fun with them. :crazy:

Just be careful.  Once they called, there was a slight delay and then our phone actually called them back, not sure where the call went to but we hung up asap.  Otherwise all I can say about tomorrow is have a high pitched whistle ready.    :acute: