Darkside Bar, Soi 33, BKK

farangbah

Forgive me for being old and, apparently, naive, but it seems a shame that some people read things into comments that were never intended by the author. I've been to Dark Side 3 times and enjoyed every visit (and Off made me feel 30 years younger on one visit), and all I want is to say how much I like the place - no hidden agenda here! I'm very much a loner (I said this once before) but I do read comments and advice from others for the future - I think being able to speak your mind is what this site is all about - as long as you say it in the right way. So, may Dark Side continue on the up and up.

• Upvote 1

I'm assuming the amazing Tunch is just freelancing out of here, like May, et al? Inquiring minds want to know.

I had intended to stop by tonight before making the trek back to my neighborhood, but I have to get up (relatively) early to stop in at my school for visa paperwork, so gave it a pass. But I'll say it again: I've had a nice time every time I've been in here, be it busy or slow.

I am wishing Darkside every success. As I did when I sat down with Fatcat for a drink before Christmas,  with the hope that both Guess & Darkside would do well in 2013.  Little did we know what was about to unfold up the road!

Chris & I share the view that inter-bar drama is a waste of energy and to be avoided. It can be fuelled by promoters of any bar bringing their personal agendas on the forums, or false stories being spread (for whatever reason).  Inevitably a new bar needs to get its staff from somewhere, so there may be a few niggles, but I think the LB perv community should stay united to a common cause (our enjoyment!)

When I get back to LOS, I may need a new bar to drink in. I know that I will be well received by the large LB with the pink shirt (Fatcat!)    And Big May .... :yahoo:

I agree with TT,until now i was all over the nana bars(lb bars),but i never decided to go more far since i always stay at nana hotel.But this time (march the 8th -30th) is about time to go futher down the road ,to Darkside bar,i love to meet the ladies and the big guy with the pink shirt (TTs words)

So fatcat see you in March.

I told Fatcat I'd help out a bit with sharing more of his photos on here.

These are all recent photos of a few of the lovelies that can be found at Darkside Bar in BKK.

post-75-0-41647600-1362039355_thumb.jpg

To find Darkside Bar, go down Sukhumvit to Soi 33 (even numbered soi's are on one side of Sukhumvit, odd numbered soi's are on the opposite side). Walk from Sukhumvit down Soi 33 and watch on your right hand side for the WALL STREET sign. There is a small side street (almost an alley) there - turn right and walk down it and bar is at the end.

post-75-0-83105300-1362039339_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-65407900-1362039340_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-46481200-1362039341_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-29981600-1362039342_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-17866800-1362039343_thumb.jpg

post-75-0-97026600-1362039343_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 1

I told Fatcat I'd help out a bit with sharing more of his photos on here.

These are all recent photos of a few of the lovelies that can be found at Darkside Bar in BKK.

attachicon.gifMAP.jpg

To find Darkside Bar, go down Sukhumvit to Soi 33 (even numbered soi's are on one side of Sukhumvit, odd numbered soi's are on the opposite side). Walk from Sukhumvit down Soi 33 and watch on your right hand side for the WALL STREET sign. There is a small side street (almost an alley) there - turn right and walk down it and bar is at the end.

Cheers DT.

May after her interview with the Sky production crew in the bar last month the series due to be shown on British TV March / April on Sky all about Ladyboys this is the second series and hopes to show the general public Thailands third gender who and what they are which as we all know are fantastic people, friends,lovers,companions,you can check out some of the series one show on you tube Sky Ladyboys don't know how to do all that linking thingy am sure some one will be able to sort it .

post-2055-0-28077800-1362042153_thumb.jp

post-2055-0-93178700-1362042162_thumb.jp

• Upvote 1

God, that would be fantastic to see May on that program. One of the most beautiful girls on the scene, and easily the best educated and wordly that I've ever had the pleasure of sharing time with. She understood things about western culture that some of my co-workers wouldn't have understood.

We all know bars can change from one half hour to the next ...

An hour ago I was making the trek down to Soi 33 and Darkside Bar so I could sample some of the scene which has been painted so far in this thread. I arrived there at 11:30pm from Nana and it is quite a walk, but ... oh dear.

I'm now back in my room on Soi 4 less than an hour later following a shower after the hike there and the sky train back. i didn't actually mind the walk as it was the first time for me to Darkside and I wanted to feel the distance. I doubt very much I'd ever walk it again but there were plenty of skanks along the way. If I did choose to go there again then I'd take the sky train from Nana to Phrom Phong (2 stops) and B20.

From Nana (Soi 4) it is about half as far again as it is to the Asoke junction and then a cigarette's worth of walking further down Soi 33 itself.

When I got there around 11:30pm there were a few girls sat outside at the table and another stood close by in the soi on her phone. I walked inside and there was one single customer sat at the end of the bar alone. No staff and nobody else apparently in there, apart from what appeared to be a female laying asleep along one of the sofas,

Not very inviting for a first impression. I looked at the scene for about 20 seconds and nothing seemed to move, so no need to explain further why I turned around and left. On the way out everyone was where they were when I arrived. A long walk for not alot so I got the sky train back.

I only have two nights in Bangkok and this is one of them. I look forward to getting back to Pattaya, but I'll be out for the NEP exodus shortly.

We all know bars can change from one half hour to the next ...

I only have two nights in Bangkok and this is one of them. I look forward to getting back to Pattaya, but I'll be out for the NEP exodus shortly.

I guess a Heineken in  Guess bar is out of question? :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

I guess a Heineken in  Guess bar is out of question? :biggrin:

As it happens after my shower and post I did pop my head in Guess Bar now that it's a farang-free-management-zone, just to see. As I opened the door and stepped inside my feet gently lifted from the ground and I began to float. Probably due to the lack of atmosphere. Much like before but minus the sofas. I turned around and wafted myself out.

The night wasn't all bad though. The Nana exodus around 2am was still an amazing sight to behold. Like a cock-cluster bomb with such a high concentration of potential penile-packing partners  :biggrin:

Like any other lounge type of bar, it can be hit or miss. La Bamba, for example, gets a few girls barfined out, and a few more go to get something to eat, and suddenly it's a ghost town.

More often than not, though, I've had a good time here and been well-treated and had a good time in this place -- even when I'm the only customer in the bar.