Darkside Bar, Soi 33, BKK

farangbah

Looks as if there's no thread here on this yet.

Darkside Bar is a new LB bar in BKK. Walking on Soi 33 away from Sukhumvit, make a right turn on your second sub-soi, and it's down on the left (still has the name of the former bar on the sign, but they're working on it, apparently).

Guys like Socrates and Bkkldby have given this place their endorsement so, as I was in the neighborhood, I popped in last night with a friend of mine. They had spoken about the welcoming atmosphere and cheap, good pours.

The place is more along a lounge style. It's not a small space, and with the lights mostly off, it gave a feel of the place being closed. The owner was indeed a friendly chap, though mostly preoccupied with his two other customers.

The drinks, though cheap, at I believe about 100bt, were not as voluminous as reported. In fact, by my second Jameson Rocku, I had to ask for a splash of water just to make it a mouthful.

The now-famous Yumi is reported to be working there, but she was nowhere in sight. There were a few new LBs there, though nothing to my taste. Looked like the proprietor gave a walk-through to two potential employees while I was there. And I think I may have even been heckled by one of the few staff as I left (apparently, only a fool would not want to go with her).

You always wanna hope for the best for a new LB venue. Let's hope they make it through the growing pains stage, and see what happens...

post-106-0-17776600-1364171568_thumb.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

I did send Chris an e-mail two weeks ago to promote his Darkside Bar on this site, he replied, thanked me and said he would check out this forum in due course as "the bar is still in its infancy and am to be honest finding it a bit difficult getting ladyboys to work as this year low season and Economic crisis is at an all time low"

post-136-0-21919600-1345890093_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-22420500-1345890102_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-38444400-1345890111_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-73677800-1345890122_thumb.jpg

It may surprise some on the various forums, but the third single hardest element of making a bar work is getting hostess staff. (the first by the way is dealing with the police and corrupt officials - they can close you down in an instant. Ladyboys or lack of, cannot). The 2nd is the location of the bar.

I remember when Jay opened Guess and how painful it was to get an opening team together and she came from within the industry. Up until 2 days before opening (despite all manner of promises) - she had all of one girl, namely Jenny. Then she hit lucky with 3 girls who all went onto to become excellent - Eat, Fern & Nan - all of whom worked in other bars either in the bar complex or nearby. So added to Jenny and her sister Jane, she had an opening team. She then struck lucky a second time about a month after opening when she picked up Beer, Joy & Pear who were all unhappy at KC3. At the time these started,aside from Jenny & the twins, none were 'great lookers' - that came later, however it was a team to build from and probably most important, they had the right attitude. if she had not gotten those two early lucky breaks - I doubt Guess would still be here today - it is that painful and demoralising. Girls only want to work in a place with steady stream of customers who are potentially going to barfine them - they have no real interest in guys who only want to drink & ogle - that does not add coin to their pockets. That is why they prefer well established venues with a large footprint of traffic.

As I say, the success of the bar will not depend upon drink prices or the welcome - it will depend solely on the quantity, quality & attitude of the girls working there. Get that part right and the rest will follow. However, if you look back, there has been no serious contender opening since Guess, until now and Guess opened nearly 7 years ago. Licences impact this a lot in BKK now (i.e. they are not available) but the above factors also come heavily into play, especially the police and officials - they normally start getting interested when the bar has been around 2-3 months.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I went to Darkside last Monday. I met the owner Chris, super nice guy. Bought me a tiger, which I was paying 90 baht for. Yumi has been barfined for a week or 2 he said. There was only 1 customer, me. Another guy left after I came in. Which free'd up the only Ladyboy there, named Ami. She was sexy.

I decided, in the interest of all my friends here on LBR, to check out the quality of the short time room. :good:

It was large and clean, and so was Ami's cock! Great girl. Great time! :behind:

Chris told me they needed girls so I sent him Nadear and she took a friend. They both got BF'd the first night.

It's a great little pub, sort of like a large Soi 6 bar. Maybe a little cleaner. I recommend. And send your LB friends there for employ.

• Upvote 2

I will check this place out as am staying at the Amora NeoLuxe Suites in soi 31 so soi 33 is a short walk am only in Bangers for two nights so will get along 1st night in October which will be on the 11th, will have fem-boy with me who lives in Bangers, so i will just be checking the bar out not the girls. LOL...........Regards Garry

It was large and clean, and so was Ami's cock! Great girl. Great time! :behind:

Chris told me they needed girls so I sent him Nadear and she took a friend. They both got BF'd the first night.

Sounds tasty! :party0021:

Talking about big tasty tools, thanks again Rukki for suggesting to Nadear that she put a Profile

on LBR.

http://www.ladyboyre...profile/Nadear/

Check her out on Soi 33.

A group of ten of us stopped in last night. Pleasantly surprised to see 6+ LBs working, plus the usual behind the bar staff. Nadia ex-Casanova seemed to be, if not acting mamasan, at least the DJ de jour, taking requests from the guests. Tables have been put in place next to the couches. The girls were attentive, in spite of knowing that they were probably not going to be barfined by members of the group. I'll get some pics posted as soon as the tech part of my brain wakes up.

Here's a few quick mobile phone shots. Poor quality, but next time, I'll bring a real camera.

In order: Yumi, Pinky, Nadia, Nicky. There were 3-4 other girls there whose faces would be familiar to anybody who frequents the Nana area. Some other girls that I've seen in there are Obs' May and Sophia and assorted others. Over the past 2 weeks, when customers have shown up and there are not enough girls, Chris has been proactive by calling some other bars and BFing the girls so they can go to Darkside.

If you've not been there yet, this would be a good week, as far as showing these new girls that guys will come as long as there are girls available. At least 1 in this batch for size queens.

Another plus is the drink value: you can easily do 35-45% more entertaining for the same amount of baht as any bar in Nana. Other add-ons: great bar stools (with bar rail), lots of fans, POS billing system and one of the better bar restrooms. Clean, fresh smelling, paper and water always installed, no sewage on the floor ... and individual handtowels by the sink!

There was some preliminary talk about a birthday party to be held there in about 2 weeks. Guys can do one of the great Guess Bar parties on Friday night and then amble over on Saturday night for Darkside Party #1. More detail as acquired. If there is a party there, I will definitely contribute a barfine to a raffle. There should be a contingent of girls coming up from Pattaya and down from the villages.

post-71-0-23329300-1346596358_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-08381900-1346596361_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-21448800-1346596364_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-42283900-1346596367_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-99444400-1346596370_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-54532400-1346596374_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-83018500-1346596388_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-25406100-1346596405_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-98957500-1346596408_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-63789000-1346596414_thumb.jpg

post-71-0-51142400-1346596418_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 4

Had a buncha new girls in there last night, maybe eight to ten. A couple familiar faces, a couple new ones, a couple cuties, and a nice vibe.

(...until Yumi seemed to not be getting the attention she perhaps thought she deserved and had a bit of a verbal catfight with a GG whom she accused of some Chinese whispers toward the LBs in the bar. It got all a bit melodramatic, but hey, what are LBs for... :huh: )...

Stopped in last night with a bunch of guys. As seen in the Snicks Pix, girls were outstandingly attentive.

Next week, there will be a party here, on Saturday, 15 September. 100 baht upper shelf pours (not really a special- things like Black Label are always 100 THB), Thai/Farang food Ribs, potato salad, coleslaw, etc.), special deal on FREE-flowing beer at some point, attendance by the 10+ regular girls plus reinforcements being imported from Pattaya and at least 2 northern provinces, several girls from other bars, barfine giveaway/raffle (not sure of the exact details- just know that BMs have put up money for 4 barfines), your choice of music.

Promises of nobody's eyeballs getting seared by laser lights and no smoke machines.

Stopped in last night with a bunch of guys. As seen in the Snicks Pix, girls were outstandingly attentive.

Next week, there will be a party here, on Saturday, 15 September. 100 baht upper shelf pours (not really a special- things like Black Label are always 100 THB), Thai/Farang food Ribs, potato salad, coleslaw, etc.), special deal on FREE-flowing beer at some point, attendance by the 10+ regular girls plus reinforcements being imported from Pattaya and at least 2 northern provinces, several girls from other bars, barfine giveaway/raffle (not sure of the exact details- just know that BMs have put up money for 4 barfines), your choice of music.

Promises of nobody's eyeballs getting seared by laser lights and no smoke machines.

Despite all appearances to the contrary, here and elsewhere, gentlemen, Socrates has assured me that he is in no way officially affiliated with this establishment... :flirt2:

Hi Guys, am trully sorry if you have felt neglected,well hope to put that right from now on thanks to you all for the visits comments and positive vibes, i've been a bit busy trying to sort things out were almost there, we have an opening party this Saturday yes short notice I know but if your available please join us for Fun, raffels, food free beer for a limited time its also the Birthday of special Lady one of the BM's girlfriends "nuff said"also for your viewing pleasure a few pics of some of the new girls ( if i can press the right buttons) enjoy.

post-2055-0-67290000-1347571759_thumb.jp

post-2055-0-46519800-1347571775_thumb.jp

post-2055-0-57568300-1347571806_thumb.jp

post-2055-0-54138700-1347571955_thumb.jp

post-2055-0-84662900-1347572181_thumb.jp

• Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...