Ramblings & Replies

It was a true, well-rounded team effort tonight, as the Hee Foo 4ever! team won at Quiz Night, the 3rd such win in 4 weeks!  Not an easy task by any means.  

2 sample questions;  what is the first name of the French artist Renoir? (missed)

Which South American country produces the most coffee?  (hit!)

Hee Foo 4ever!

It was a true, well-rounded team effort tonight, as the Hee Foo 4ever! team won at Quiz Night, the 3rd such win in 4 weeks!  Not an easy task by any means.  

2 sample questions;  what is the first name of the French artist Renoir? (missed)

Which South American country produces the most coffee?  (hit!)

Hee Foo 4ever!

Auguste Renoir...  didnt know the coffe....i'd have guessed Columbia  as Brazil seems too obvious

Ha!  I said Auguste in the quiz, only to be told by the quizmaster that the correct answer is Pierre.  In fact, the first name of the painter Renoir was Pierre-Auguste.  Jean, one of his sons, was a movie director.

well,he is usually referred to as Auguste ,sometimes as Pierre-Auguste,but never as Pierre.......i would have sided with you 67......the quizmaster gets all his info from wikipedia

This video is doing the rounds just now.  While I know many of us are not particularly religious, I reckon this has a feel good element  to it we can relate to. Life is full of surprises.

I watched that clip several times recently and again just now, I really enjoyed it every time despite being agnostic and utterly un-religious myself.

No doubt people planning to be married in that part of the world will be clamoring to get it done at his church.

That was a slightly better clip than I've seen before too, with a little more at beginning and end. Thanks BB.

Here is a story about some Brazilian prisoners taking care of business;

http://elitedaily.com/news/world/brazilian-man-raped-killed-1-year-old-baby-gets-gang-raped-20-prisoners/

“He had injuries all over the body, the most serious ones in the anal region. Dissatisfied, and still furious about the crime committed by the teacher, the prisoners tore apart the stitches that he received and raped him again.''

“He had injuries all over the body, the most serious ones in the anal region. Dissatisfied, and still furious about the crime committed by the teacher, the prisoners tore apart the stitches that he received and raped him again.''

It would be horrific to be in this type of Brazilian prison.  Imagine if a political prisoner was subjected to this. Or someone wrongfully accused, an existential nightmare.

But considering that he raped and killed his 16 MONTH old stepson, it's tough to have too much sympathy.

Here's his blood stained undies.

post-45-0-23210100-1398888583_thumb.jpg