The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

Sensations CLOSED (for the time being anyway)

posted by Solice 10 minutes ago

Guys,

Sorry but just to let you know that sensations is being closed down for a period. It all stems from when the bar was caught opening after 2am, they have told us we have to close for 30 days but a few people with contacts are working with us to try and get us reopened early next week.

There has obviously been a bit of jealousy taking place because they have told us it was another bar with connections that made the call. I don't want any finger pointing because we may never know who did it and it may not be another ladyboy bar.

Will let you know in due course of when we will be open and I apologise to anybody who is put out.

Cheers guys

30 day closure seems like extremely harsh punishment for a first offense of this nature especially if Sensations was under the impression that they were permitted to stay open later.

Hope things sorted out and that this great ladyboy bar is up and running soon.

Sounds like they've got an enemy. I encourage them to quickly figure out who it is and settle diplomatically (if this is possible in PATTLOS). Otherwise it will continue and be relentless.

IMO (and what do I know) a new bar, especially a LB bar should have minded their Ps and Qs until they were well established in the neighborhood. Get to know the neighbors, make friends, be respectful, and then little by little take unnoticeable, inoffensive liberties. Now they have, not only an enemy, but also the watchful eye of the authorities that once paid off will continue to want same. Not good for someone building a business. More attention to these types of matters should have been monitored by management. Just prudent and wise business planning.

Sounds like they've got an enemy. I encourage them to quickly figure out who it is and settle diplomatically (if this is possible in PATTLOS). Otherwise it will continue and be relentless.

Not possible. It's the police & they see any farang bar owner as a cash cow. it will continue until some type of accommodation is arranged with them or they drive the bar out of business. I suggest the bar needs to consult a lawyer, that's how one Pattaya bar owner was able to stay in business.

Get to know the neighbors, make friends, be respectful, and then little by little take unnoticeable, inoffensive liberties.

If these neighbours are running another bar, they are not going to help. To your face, yes. Behind your back, no.

And there are no "little liberties". It all gets noticed & it is all grounds for extortion. Don't forget, a farang bar owner can be charged by the immigration police for as small a crime as picking up a glass. They are not allowed behind the bar. That all changes of course once an accommodation is in place. Then you only need provide free drinks to the authorities should they visit.

Now they have, not only an enemy, but also the watchful eye of the authorities that once paid off will continue to want same. Not good for someone building a business.

Pattaya is no place to build a business. Some people have been successful but they needed to come to an arrangement. It takes time & money but it is possible. And even then, the demands for money never stop. I hear stories of places having to hand out envelopes of money every month. 17 at the last count. That's 17 envelopes, not baht.

More attention to these types of matters should have been monitored by management. Just prudent and wise business planning.

True but how are they to know how hard they would be dealt with. I see posts about people opening bars but I don't see many warning of the risks.

• Upvote 1

Don't be silly Sam. I am most grateful for your post as it gave me something to build on. If not for your post I probably would not have bothered commenting.

Every time I have spoken up about the dangers faced by a farang in LOS, I can count on someone having a go at me. Your post gave me an excuse & the motivation. Thank you.

Sure, I get it. I was only poking fun at you. Miss you and very pleased to see you actively aboard here.

I hope all is well with you. You have been away from the Kingdom for some time. Longer than me, which in December will be a year. A painful absence for me by the way. Not of my choosing and I trust same same for you.

Please visit the wine/booze thread and send me some good Australian white wine recommendations unless you feel that is an oxymoron. :biggrin:

So far I have not had a bottle of New Zealand wine that disappointed. However there have been numerous lacklustre Australians. That is not to say there hasn't been excellent Australian bottles also but the choice is vast compared to NZ and often times it's a crap shoot with your country.

All the best Paccie!

Don't be silly Sam. I am most grateful for your post as it gave me something to build on. If not for your post I probably would not have bothered commenting.

Every time I have spoken up about the dangers faced by a farang in LOS, I can count on someone having a go at me. Your post gave me an excuse & the motivation. Thank you.

Ah, what the hell do you know anyway!

There, now that someone's given you hell ("had a go" at you) I hope you'll feel at home. It's great to see you posting on here with regularity.

Ah, what the hell do you know anyway!

An apt question DT. I claim no special knowledge but I have been a visitor to LOS for a very long time. And I do have many friends there who have told me of their experiences & I am an eager learner. Plus I feel some compunction to share some of this with the forum when there aren't other FMs posting replies to these vexing issues.

I know there are a few guys who know how the place works but if they don't want to comment, then I will. And I will still offer my opinion because that is my nature. Whether it is appreciated or not is up to the beholder. But I am happy to receive support from you & Sam. It does help.

Cheers... :party0005:

• Upvote 2

Great News today about Sensations, could not have come at a better time for me :yahoo: :yahoo:

This from Solice

We are back

post-54353-0-48092400-1352108791.jpg

Thanks to Foggy for spreading the news. Thankfully we have a 'friend' in the right place and we have been given permission to reopen. We do need to stick to the rules and will have to check bin at 2am but if we are good we can open until 3 around Jan /Feb time.

Thanks for all the support that has been shown in what has been a worrying time for us and our staff.

Time to party smile.png

We have spotted a few Middle Easter transsexuals around soi VC in the last few days. According to Curley Mike they are from Turkey and are here for the guys from the Middle East. But we are curious what Juri will do when he spots one which is inevitable considering where he stays. I am sure they will smell his curiosity.

bb,sorry but i cannot get into the section where we post pics),sorry guys but i dont know whats going on with this new update ,i cannot even send a message for help....

Sorry i post here but i dont know where i could do it.

The last forum was so much simpler and easy.

Last night i could write my post but i couldnt make the attach file button work,even i click on the advance uploader,today i cannot even write a post...i hope that somebody could help me fix all those problems,otherwise it looks that i will be an outsiter from lbr,so pls help

Sindy's birthday party at LaBamba was lots of fun!

Sindy, sexy mak mak!

Great friendly vibe!

Nancy in her Catwoman outfit is a true supestar...........but without that attitude that often accompanies superstars. A real sweetheart!

And the new girl on the block, Ice, is quite endearing!

Sindy's birthday party at LaBamba was lots of fun!

Sindy, sexy mak mak!

Great friendly vibe!

Nancy in her Catwoman outfit is a true supestar...........but without that attitude that often accompanies superstars. A real sweetheart!

And the new girl on the block, Ice, is quite endearing!

Some great talent there now, but as usual about 30% are camera shy because of sponsors. La Bamba of all bars seems to have had this percentage more or less over the years.

post-106-0-20967300-1352961681_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-97239600-1352961782_thumb.jpg