The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Is it Volgograd?   Not certain.

Archie got it!

Reading a great book right now called Enemy at the Gates, about the siege of Stalingrad in 1942-43, also made into a movie with Jude Law in 2000.  It was Volgograd before Stalin was in power and took that name back after that lunatic died.

A few months back I was making arrangements to put some of my stuff in storage. I was dealing with this guy and asked him his name. He said something like "Stalin". I thought I heard wrong. I said, "pardon me". He said "Stalin". I looked at him and said "Stalin?" He said yeah. I asked if it was spelled S-T-A-L-I-N. He said "yes, just like it sounds". I asked him why his parents gave him the first name "Stalin". He said he didn't know. I left it at that. 

Beats me but it would be like naming your little boy "Hitler".

Strange world we live in. 

True, and while I don't have a story THAT bizarre, myself and PD know a German guy named...... Adolph.  And he was born in 1961; who the hell would name their boy Adolph just 16 years after that weirdo almost destroyed their country?

He goes by the name Addi, I never really made the connection until I saw his passport.

DOLPH Lundgren was probably named Adolph. He (or his management undoubtedly) knew early on it was good to drop the "A". Like PUTIN from RAZputin. Same same but different for the same reasons. All of these original fine fellows reproduced unfortunally.  :biggrin:

Yes... I vaguely remember reading a story about Hitler's modern day relatives quite a number of years ago, no Adolphs there though, wish i could remember anything else about it...

Hitler's brother Alois had children....one of them being William Patrick Hitler,Paddy Hitler....ya gotta love it.....his descendents are alive and well and actually living in ......

New York !.....i shit you not.

In what Year was the first text (sms) message sent?

I'll guess 1991 which was the first year I saw a mobile phone when I saw a lady use a Gordon Gecko model. 

It might not surprise some of you that I was still using a rotaty phone until 2008.   :telephone:

Close PD, very close :biggrin:

Answer

The first ever text was sent on December 3 1992, when Neil Papwell, a 22-year-old British engineer used his computer to send the message "Merry Christmas" to an Orbitel 901 mobile phone.

• Upvote 1

Hitler's brother Alois had children....one of them being William Patrick Hitler,Paddy Hitler....ya gotta love it.....his descendents are alive and well and actually living in ......

New York !.....i shit you not.

More about it here.

The quiet grave in a small catholic cemetery in Coram, Long Island contains the bodies of Bridget and Patrick Stuart Huston, her son.  However, there is no surname on the gravestone. That is because they were notorious under another name for decades.

http://www.irishcentral.com/roots/the-irish-hitler-the-strange-tale-of-bridget-hitler-and-the-nazi-leader-156889665-237617891.html

Speaking of The stooges, what was the law firm they always talked about??  When they mentioned a lawyer or law firm this was it name.  Cracks me up.....

Not sure about the Stooges but Groucho mentioned the law firm, Dewey, Cheatham, and Howe.  They probably have already contributed to Hillary 2016.   :crazy:

The stooges' firm was similar, if not the exact same.

How about this one; some cute lady [dame?] is stuck on the side of the road in her vehicle, in the mud.

She says "I am in a terrible dilemma."

Moe - "yeah, I don't care much for these foreign cars either."

• 3 weeks later...

DOLPH Lundgren was probably named Adolph. He (or his management undoubtedly) knew early on it was good to drop the "A". Like PUTIN from RAZputin. Same same but different for the same reasons. All of these original fine fellows reproduced unfortunally.  :biggrin:

He was born Hans Lundgren. The name Dolph, as it stands, wasn't derived from Adolph.;