bumblebee

The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

Inspired by Route67's HeeFoo4ever thread I reckon it's time to test the general knowledge of the members.  There is only one catch, you cannot use the internet to find the answer.  You have got to rely solely on what's between your two ears.  So you either know it or you don't.  As we are a fine bunch of gentlemen here I am sure there will be no cheating. :hi:

So here is the deal:

- There can be 3 questions live at any time, to give the guys in the various time zones a chance to play.. 

- You only get one chance to answer each question.

- If after 4 or 5 attempts to answer a question it seems obvious nobody knows it, the questionnaire gives the answer and we move on.

- Anyone can ask the next question.

So let me kick it off with this one.

Name the four main human blood groups.

Type O positive

Type O negative

Type B

Type A?

EDIT: damn. Just looked on Internet and found I am incorrect.

Next contestant please....

Making newbie mistakes since 2009 so you don't have to.

Great minds think alike, BB......I was just thinking to myself before this sub-forum needs a topic just like this one!

{And I had/have a great question to pose ....but must wait for this one to be answered}.

My answer here would have been the same as DT's,  so since we now know that is wrong let me substitute Type O positive with Type AB negative?

''Conspiracy theories being closed systems indifferent to probability and immune to evidence......''

- Benjamin Wallace

do you mean A,B,AB and O ?

because if you include + and -, there is more than 4 types.

( can't wait for rxpharm to chime in )

Yeah, RX would have gotten that one for sure LOL

Snick can ask one, as long as it's not TOO techie-related :biggrin:

''Conspiracy theories being closed systems indifferent to probability and immune to evidence......''

- Benjamin Wallace

So who gets to ask the next question?

- Benjamin Wallace

OK, here's one mostly for PD or other yanks of our generation;

What was the name of the group who kidnapped Patty Hearst?

- Benjamin Wallace

If you look at a grain of sand and it is as large as a mountain are you really, really small or are you enormously huge?

Yes, I am drinking but I think I have this figured out...

Symbionese Liberation Army if I recall correctly. Whatever happened to them and their movement?

Got it, and dunno.......faded out after they released Patty, or she went back to her wealthy family, or whatever she did.

I remember I got a trivia question right one time in regards to her; ''What was the name of Patty Hearst's boyfriend at the time of her kidnapping''?  Steven Weed!  How on earth can you forget a name like that??

- Benjamin Wallace

The SLA flag  lol

Definitely a lasting image from my youth.....

post-107-0-16207000-1391280650_thumb.jpg

- Benjamin Wallace

Ok, I have just logged in to see this new thread, so haven't had a chance to answer any questions yet (of course I would have known all of them, ahem ahem). Can I ask a question? I am going to anyway, he he.

We all pull on a "jumper" when it is a little bit chilly outside, but where does the word actually derive from?

No Googling please.

Must be a Euro thing, Ciobha........as far as I know Yanks don't put on Jumpers!

Do you mean like a light jacket or windbreaker?

- Benjamin Wallace

Don't know for sure and did not "google" but in my world the French word for dress is "juppe" so perhaps a derivative of this. Juppe/jumper.

Oooops, a bit of a disadvantage here for our American friends. I thought the word jumper was used universally. For you guys, it is a (usually) woollen based article pulled on over your shirt when it is cold, but not cold enough to warrant a jacket or coat.

We use the word "jumper" for female apparel in Canada. Here it is a sleeveless dress article pulled over a shirt or thin sweater top. It forms a vest like top and a skirt type bottom. I have a few in my closet I haven't worn for years. 

I can't believe I am writing about things like this. Is this gay or what???

• Upvote 1