The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

Doubt he was a childhood friend as he only moved to Hollywood in his mid 20s.  Here is his entry in Wikipedia, a well known face from movies in the 50s and 60s. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Boyd

My meaning was,  in the movie was he the childhood friend of Judah Ben Hur? 

Who later went on to stab him in the back and send him off to the slave ships?

That photo looked familiar, here is the IDMB page for the movie;

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052618/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

Sorry - should have said I wanted the actor's name.  The film title is correct.

No probs 67,  I didn't know the actor's name either  :(

No takers on the 2 destroyers which went too close to the Vietnamese shoreline in 1964, supposedly shot at by Viet PT boats and giving LBJ an excuse to send in the troops?

No probs 67, I didn't know the actor's name either :(

No takers on the 2 destroyers which went too close to the Vietnamese shoreline in 1964, supposedly shot at by Viet PT boats and giving LBJ an excuse to send in the troops?

Nope. Only remember it was in the Gulf of Tonkin.

EDIT: just read further back and see that JaiDee already included that info in the original question.

Sorry, Captain Obvious here.

Ok, the 2 ships involved were The Maddox and The Turner Joy.

Same country, 10 years earlier.......the French had their own version of Khe Sahn in 1954 against Uncle Ho and General Giap; in fact it was even worse and ended the war for them.

Name the Viet town on the Laotian border which Giap surrounded and pounded the French into submission.

3 short words. 

I didn't even get my question granted for answering the pot-bellied pig correctly!

Easy one here for TV trivia buffs;

This 60's astronaut lived in the town of Cocoa Beach with a gorgeous girl and worked at Cape Canaveral.

Name the actor and the character's name.

Christ on a bike BB, I didn't even know Stephen Boyd was from my home town, and not only that, I just checked with my old Dad and he tol me Boyd's house was less than 100 yards from where I live now. The things you learn on this forum, who'dda thunk it!!!

I think he was referring to Abraham Stoker.. maybe they both come from Dublin