The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

While we're waiting for the Louie XVI question I'll throw out another.

I know we have some guys here who worship Satan so here's one for them:

The numbers on what add up to 666?

Giving this one a bump as it's lost with all the talk about coins, cars, and goats.

Oh, and I know the answer to LG, but will not give out the answer because I cheated a bit. No, I didn't use google, I looked at the pamphlet which came with my television, and it gives a brief history of the company.

I trust you are not thinking it is: "Life is Good", right? 

LG (Life is Good) was originally a Korean company called Lak-Hui. It made household products for the Korean market not unlike Proctor & Gamble in the US. At some point it founded another company to produce electronics. They called it Goldstar. Goldstar's products were sold domestically and internationally. I remember the Goldstar brand on televisions being sold in Canada during the 60s, 70s and 80s. At some point Lak-Hui (pronounced Lucky) decided to merge the two companies and it became known as Lucky Goldstar or LG as it is known worldwide today. 

There you have it. How did I know this? I dated a Korean gal and she told me. She also told me that the original spelling of Korea was with a C (Corea). However when the Japanese dominated the Korean peninsula they decided to change the spelling from Corea to Korea because the letter C came before the letter J. The Japanese, acting typically Japanese,  didn't like that. Don't know if this is true but interesting nonetheless. The French still spell Korea with a C. 

• Upvote 1

I know we have some guys here who worship Satan so here's one for them:

The numbers on what add up to 666?

The number of stab wounds on the people that the Manson Family sent to their final damnation.  While only a few of the enlightened worship Satan, all forumites do the work of Satan. 

Perhaps you missed this earlier, pdoggg!

(Emphasis on IS added for this post.)

:rolleye0012:

and so the Coin answer again

the questioner cups his hands and shakes with two coins and takes a peek... he/she says that at least one of these coins is a head   as Lefty question stated

The chance then as far as you are concerned as the participant is that HH will occur is one in three times under these conditions.. . heads tails comes up more than 50-50.. 

We already tried it in the bar and its 1 in 3 as predicted for HH... only 30 goes but im sure its correct

We already tried it in the bar and its 1 in 3 as predicted for HH... only 30 goes but im sure its correct

Simulation is sometimes the easiest way to figure out these things even if it's not a formal math proof.  30 times is enough to show that HH will appear less than 50% of the time.

R67 will say that your question is different than Lefty's (having spent hours going back and forth on this with him on this)  :biggrin:

Guest LaBambaBar

No, my answer IS to the question posed by Lefty.  You and Tomcat are the ones who seem to have the wrong end of the stick.  In fact you seem to think the stick has 3 ends!

Anecdotal 'evidence' we 'tried in the bar'?  I'm sure that'll be in line for next year's Nobel prize...

The correct answer, as I have repeatedly shown, is a probability of 1 in 2, as I even explained in such a simple way that a feeble-minded 4-year-old could understand it.  Perhaps I was pitching it too high for a UKIP supporter.  555.

Nothing either of you can say will change the fact that I have answered correctly the question as given.

Chuck Berry?

That can't be correct as Chuck was right handed.

I googled to find out if he was a righty or lefty and found that there was a printer's error on one of his album covers showing him as a lefty.

Guess with mp3's there aren't album covers anymore.

post-7348-0-27409000-1437140489_thumb.jp