The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

I actually have a BSA D-1 Bantam in my collection and i believe it stands for Birmingham Small Arms?

Correct Sir  :happy0065:

The Birmingham Small Arms Company Limited (BSA) was a major British industrial combine, a group of businesses manufacturing military and sporting firearms; bicycles; motorcycles; cars; buses and bodies; steel; iron castings; handpower, and machine tools; coal cleaning and handling plants; sintered metals; and hard chrome process.

At its peak, BSA was the largest motorcycle producer in the world. Loss of sales and poor investments in new products in the motorcycle division, which included Triumph Motorcycles, led to problems for the whole group.

A government-organised rescue operation in 1973 led to the takeover of remaining operations by what is now Manganese Bronze Holdings, then owners of Norton-Villiers, and over the following decade further closures and dispersals. The original company, The Birmingham Small Arms Company Limited, remains a subsidiary of Manganese Bronze but its name was changed in 1987.

Manganese Bronze continues to operate former BSA subsidiary Carbodies, now known as LTI Limited, manufacturers of London Taxicabs and formerly the largest wholly British-owned car manufacturer. (Manganese Bronze is now owned by the Chinese company Geely)

more on the history of the BSA company here.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Birmingham_Small_Arms_Company

very interesting reading imho  B) 

• Upvote 1

Going back to the original Champions only format it shall be the reigning champions who automatically pre qualified regardless of their domestic finishing position.

Nottingham Forest is a great shout but I'd be inclined to go back further to the late 1950's when Real Madrid made a habit of winning the European Cup in consecutive years.

Don't think they were Spainish champions every year.......Mmmm.

• Upvote 1

Argentina in 1936, 1956, & 1964,

West Germany in 1960,

USSR in 1984,

Morocco in 1988, 1992, & 2004,

Mexico in 1996, and

South Africa in 2000.

What's the connection?

They are all USA presidential election years.

Or maybe something else happens every fourth year?

As most of us know, The Traveling Wilburys consisted of Roy Orbison, Bob Dylan, Tom Petty, George Harrison, and Jeff Lynne. 

They each also had a Wilbury name. They were Nelson Wilbury, Lucky Wilbury, Lefty Wilbury, Charlie T. Wilbury Jr, and Otis Wilbury.

Match each of the band members with their Wilbury name.