The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

It was by William Joyce .. also known as Lord Haw Haw....the book was tagged in some news articles a week ago

( in the far east i might add) when the Royal Nazi pics were dredged up by the gutter press in UK.. Newspapers will make associations out of nothing it seems.. anyway it was a tough one thats for sure

• 2 weeks later...

As in the drink, what does the abbreviation TEA stand for?

Does the E stand for Eastern by any chance? Only the other night I heard on the TV how some British gent smuggled the tea plant out of China back in the day to break their monopoly on the plant. So guessing that's possibly the E but I'm probably wrong.

Guest LaBambaBar

Stoke City have 5 players in their squad with Champions' League winners medals - that's more than Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool combined.

Collectively, how many minutes of football have those 5 players played in Champions'League finals?

The word 'tea' - in relation to the drink - is not an abbreviation - it derives from the Malay word 'teh', which itself is derived from old Chinese.

So the question is wrong, and therefore can have no correct answer.

I'm sure there are many organisations, & etc, that use T.E.A., but that's unrelated to the drink.

For sure there are many organisations that use T.E.A , that are not related to the drink....not rocket science that really  :biggrin:

So my question is wrong and there can be no correct answer...so I will try it this way  :hi:

acronym, abbreviation, shorthand or slang term: TEA. as in drink, Miscellaneous » Food
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry Georgia is the country that virtually has the same Flag as the St George of England I think

Damm I remember that anthem and Im 99% sure I heard it whilst at Old Trafford once, maybe began with L but my head has gone blank (nowt knew there)  :huh:

You are correct about starting with L Duke. Now it will be a mad scramble between you and anyone else to name that country first.

I remembered it while I was walking to the Pub to work tonight but could not post the answer, and I was also right about being at Old Trafford when I heard it because I was at the game :hi:​ 

England 2-0 Liechtenstein - BBC News
news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/internationals/england/3095596.stm
  •  
  •  
10 Sep 2003 - Wayne Rooney helps England wear down Liechtenstein 2-0 and move ... Eriksson's side to victory over stubborn Liechtenstein at Old Trafford.
  • Upvote 1

What do the One World Trade Center and the United States Declaration of Independence have in common?

I'll take a stab at this and say that the new 1 World Trade Center has a memorial with the words, Life, Liberty, and Pursuit of Happiness.

I do like the Pursuit of Happiness wording.

Here's another:

Name the countries which have the three longest living monarchs.