Interesting Forum Names

SiamSam

I just changed my name to Bumblebee a few years ago after a chat with Pacman no less about being able to track ones id through a forum name, I know, I know... :biggrin: My previous name was unique and I wanted something that kept the shorter version BB but was not as easy to trace online.

Keep the name Lung by the way Lung.

xyzzy was the "secret word" of the first known computer adventure game back before computers had monitors. I thought it was really clever but just confuses 99% of FM.

i was looking for another handle to the one i have over on lbp,coz i didnt want to bring any bagagge to this pristine clean shiny new forum....and being a complete zappa obsessive just had to pick a name after a FZ song.....hence willie the pimp.....my other choices,The Central Scrutinizer and Father O'Blivion would have taken to long to log in with!

Dental floss tycoon??

I just changed my name to Bumblebee a few years ago after a chat with Pacman no less about being able to track ones id through a forum name, I know, I know... :biggrin:

I remember that conversation & I believe I have been vindicated by subsequent events. I have now heard of people whose lives have been at least affected, if not ruined, by the ease people have been able to cause harm to them simply by tracing their email address. And with weak passwords, these troublemakers can really cause harm.

As for my name, no story, it just appealed to me. And Lung, I like it. I didn't know it meant Uncle but that just seals it for me.

I know, I know...

Intriguing... :unsure:

I remember that conversation & I believe I have been vindicated by subsequent events. I have now heard of people whose lives have been at least affected, if not ruined, by the ease people have been able to cause harm to them simply by tracing their email address. And with weak passwords, these troublemakers can really cause harm.

As for my name, no story, it just appealed to me. And Lung, I like it. I didn't know it meant Uncle but that just seals it for me.

Intriguing... :unsure:

Be intrigued no longer my friend. The rest of the sentence would have read .....some of you will say I shouldn't worry about such things, but when you are posting lots of LB photos (like I was at the time) Pacman's advice made perfect sense, keep your real id hidden by making it difficult to find on a Google search. There is no harm in being extra cautious while actually being in Los. Cheers pal. :friends:

Be intrigued no longer my friend.

God bless ya BB. I wasn't bothered, I was just being "sensitive". Or doing an impersonation of a sensitive soul. :happy0148:

There is no harm in being extra cautious while actually being in Los.

Amen to that.

Cheers pal. :friends:

Cheers BB... :love0081: (Joking.)

• Upvote 1

Mine is what the locals out here in the Balkan badlands, where I'm currently living, call me.

By the way, I'm currently sniffing round a 19 year old LB in Romania, and if it reaches a mucky conclusion, it will be sufficient of a one off ( a first ?), to warrant a blow by blow account !

Good luck and please let us know what transpires in Romania.

Archie Bunker is one of oldtime TVs most iconic charecter!! Havent seen the shows for a while but about 6 months ago some channel on my cable system strated showing them. They stand the test of time but you could not make a show like that today as it was waaaaaaay too politically incorrect. The stuff that came out of Archies mouth were both hilarious and cringeworthy at the same time. The arguments between him and Meatnead were hilarious as well.

Archie Bunker is an icon!!!

WHOOP DEE DOOO!!!

Yes for for sure. Archie, Meathead, Edith, Gloria, and of course the neighbours like the Jeffersons were so outlandish. Archie appealed to many of us because he represented much in what we've seen in our fathers, friends, and ourselves. He said things we all wanted to say from time to time and for various and obvious reasons could not. He was a HOOT for sure.

I had the pleasure of working with him a few years before his death. Carroll O'Connor was the complete antithesis to Archie. He was polite, considerate, kind, generous, and never had a bad word to say about anyone. AND on the set he did not mind if someone sat in his CHAIR. :biggrin:

May this remarkable man rest in peace.