Ramblings & Replies

I very much pay attention to what I eat B B, taking the time to work out what Carbs, Protein and fats I require and in what amounts per serving, eating 5 meals per day in small portions.

I fall somewhere between you and BB - I have to be careful about what I eat, otherwise I will balloon up in frightening fashion. I was in pretty good shape for my LOS trip in January, and got a ton of exercise, healthy food and diet.

So when I got home in February I went back to eating the way I did 10 years ago - pizza, burgers/fast food, no controls, no exercise.

I gained 30 POUNDS in 4 months! I'm still trying to get the last 15 off me and it's fucking hard.

Never again. I'm too old for my body to absorb that kind of abuse without a negative reaction anymore, and I want to be around long enough to enjoy LOS for quite a few years after I retire. If I kept that up it wouldn't happen.

Cut down on sausages, burgers,chocolate, biscuits, full fat milk etc. and pay more attention to stuff when I buy it now in the supermarket. Do any of you guys bother with all that or do you just eat what you want?

Living in Vietnam it is easy to eat well. There is some fat and lots of MSG in most things, but counterbalanced by the vast amounts of fresh vegetables & fruit these folks eat. They also mix the bit of fat with quite a bit of low fat meats like fish (fish oils actually very good for you even if they seem oily & fatty), other seafoods like crab & prawns (shrimp), as well as cockles and the like.

All that good boy behaviour lets me mix it up with my favourite grilled chicken, mutton curries (Indian, not VNese), chips, sausages, etc.

I also take lots of fruit juice and water (the latter crucial in the tropics, not just for dehydration, but for all sorts of body goodness).

When I started to look into what foods are high in cholesterol , I was disheartened to see prawns and coconuts were on the list. I always enjoy them when in Los, but have reduced my intake accordingly. My judgment always gets impaired mind with a few beers on board and passing by the friend chicken stalls on Pattaya Tai. :party0021:

"Predictions:

Van Persie to Man U(done and dusted)

Modrich to Real Madrid " "

And Leeds to stay in the Championship!!

My predictions.

I will be Thailand 6th Nov - 3rd Dec

And during these hours I shall not have a Ladyboy in attendance or a chance for them to yak yak me for sure :nea:

6th or 7th Nov... 02-45am - 5am

Sun 11th...00-30am - 2-30am

Sun 18th...00-30am - 2-30am

20th or 21st..00-25am - 5am

Sat 24th... 20-00pm - Midnight

Thurs 29th.. 03-00am - 5am

Reason why you may ask?

Answer...Man United are playing :yahoo:

When I first went to Thailand in 2006 I was a typical septic that could care less about football/soccer/world game/whatever. It was great going to the bars as all the British guys paid no attention to the girls during matches and the girls were bored to death. I pretty much had the pick of the litter as I actually paid attention to the girls. But I hung out with a Thai GG for a while that was a big Liverpool fan the year they did so well in the Champions league. We would go out on the town at night and party, go to my place and fool around a bit then grab some food and booze and watch the game. I gradually got addicted and now I also sit at the bars and stare at the TV. I still don't care for the pro game in America as the crowds are often barely large enough to be considered a crowd and that causes a lack of atmosphere IMO. But I pretty much keep up to date on the EPL and Champ league. A strange Thailand side affect.

@ xyzzy

The art is going watching the games in bars where there are no girls full stop (e.g. Kilkenny, witherspoons etc) so you dont get distractions or yak yak while watching your beloved football team

Somethings are more important than the ladyboys and girls for a couple of hours :biggrin:

You wouldnt believe what I went through while watching the Champions League Final in 2008 with my ex g/f in Phuket

Here I am watching my beloved Man united v Chelsea in the Kangaroo Bar on Bangla road when it closed at full time when the score was 1-1 after promising it would stay open

So my g/f in her wisdom decides to drive down Bangla Road on our motorbike despite my pleas not do because you wasnt allowed ( same same Walking St in Pattaya 7pm -3am)

So obviously we get pulled up by the BIB at the bottom of the Soi and its off to the Cop shop to pay the fine, but not me baby as i told her to "fuck off " and go and pay it as Im going back to a restaurant on Soi Bangla to watch extra time.

It still finished 1-1 after the 30 minutes of extra-time so now it was going to be decided on penalties

So who pulls up outside the restaurant but my g/f as the players were taking a break before the penalty shoot-out and demands we go back to our loom.

I could see she was clearly "vexed" so didnt argue as I knew the hired motorbike would get trashed

Thankfully we arrived at the loom in time for the penalty shoot-out and had a 1000 baht bet who would win

Then John Terry slipped when taking his penalty and missed , I was drinking the mini-bar dry, dancing and singing around the loom for an hour afterwards like you wouldnt believe because Man United had won the European Champions league

I then gave my teerak a reet "good boning" to end a very eventful night

Needless to say I didnt get my 1000 baht bet off her, cant have everything I suppose

So the moral of the story is Ladyboys and Football dont mix na :hi:

• Upvote 1

So the moral of the story is Ladyboys and Football dont mix na :hi:

Heh, that story was worth a +1. Ladyboys and the Tour de France don't mix either, but that's another story -- and not nearly as epic/entertaining as yours. :happy0065:

Relax the bones FB, he is one of your own. :biggrin:

I actually sort of used the word on purpose. Most of the English guys I know that used the word in the past mutated it to seppo a few years ago. Like most insult words that get overused it sort of becomes a joke to those being insulted and they start using the word themsleves. I guess it still bothers FB. To each his own.

Black people these days sometimes refer to each other jokingly/jockularity/male bonding using the N word. A word I will still not utter. Even though I am a honkey and a cracker. :biggrin:

The art is going watching the games in bars where there are no girls full stop (e.g. Kilkenny, witherspoons etc) so you dont get distractions or yak yak while watching your beloved football team

It's still quite interesting if not distracted watching the game to watch the bar girls. But after reading your story I certainly understand.

Any chance the EPL is back on Sophon Cable this season? A few years ago when it was on Sophon it was great when I needed a down night. I would stay in on Saturday night and watch soccer. Now don't get mad, the word soccer was invented in England. :mad0245::biggrin: One of the things I like about Phnom Penh is the EPL games were always on cable.

Looks like the NFL is back on True Vision Sports this year.

That should be good news to some of you...

Yes, those of us that like to be up at 4-11 AM drinking beer. :drinks: But I do catch a Bronco game from time to time. So good info.

I need to get back to LOS. I'm getting so out of touch.

When I started to look into what foods are high in cholesterol , I was disheartened to see prawns and coconuts were on the list. I always enjoy them when in Los, but have reduced my intake accordingly. My judgment always gets impaired mind with a few beers on board and passing by the friend chicken stalls on Pattaya Tai. :party0021:

IMO, some people are just prone to have high cholesterol. I think anything out of the coconut is very healthy, be it the oil, the meat, the water or the milk. I consume all three and even take coconut oil capsules and buy coconut oil to cook in. I eat eggs whenever I please, yokes and all. My cholesterol has never tested above 150.

There is a fairy tale in the world of nutrition that eating fat simply makes you fat. You fatten humans the same way you fatten livestock. Grain feed them. Corn, wheat, oats, barley, etc. Foods contain either protein, and/or fat and/or carbohydrates. Protein contains the building blocks for muscle. Fat and carbs are fuels. Your body will burn carbs (sugars), if available from your diet. If you do not consume enough carbs, your body is forced to use dietary fat as fuel. If there isn't enough of that, then it forces you to burn stored body fat.

If you want to lose weight, the first place to start IMO is cut down or stop completely from eating grains. No corn, No wheat. Those two are the worst. If you eat rice, eat brown rice. Even more important is stop completely from drinking any soda pops. Even diet soda. Aspartame is as bad for you as refined sugar. Carbonated liquids are the hardest thing for the body to digest because we are not designed to digest them. It is not a natural drink for humans.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Cue Joe Jackson ...

That is a fucking brilliant song; well-played BB. Even long before I discovered transgendered women and would have told you I was straight as an arrow, I dug that song.

Incidentally -- I'm assuming it's OK to go OT in this thread? :biggrin: -- Tori Amos' cover on her Strange Little Girls album is a cool version as well.

[media=]http://youtu.be/4PsHlSZ_3jo[/media]

• Upvote 1

That is a fucking brilliant song; well-played BB. Even long before I discovered transgendered women and would have told you I was straight as an arrow, I dug that song.

Incidentally -- I'm assuming it's OK to go OT in this thread? :biggrin: -- Tori Amos' cover on her Strange Little Girls album is a cool version as well.

For sure. The idea when I started it was just post whatever is on your mind at any given time and see where it goes with replies. Saves having to keep starting new threads.