The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

Really a great idea for a thread. I hope to contribute when I arrive on either the 30th or May 1, depending on how much trouble I've stirred up in BKK. :diablo: I'll be there all of May so I should see something news worthy!

Looks like you can now keep us updated on your Bkk adventures here FM. :friends:

In another thread on this site, Dave Duke has reported:

Just thought I would give an advance "warning" about anybody arriving at Survarnabhumi Airport on the 19th April and thinking of trying to book the MrT or PT Taxi service to Pattaya, dont bother guys because they aint running that day

And Wombat reports the Bell Bus will drop you off only at the Bus Station which is on Pattaya NorthRoad near Sukhumvit.

If traveling by bus to Pattaya that day the "Jomtien" will drop u off at Sukhumvit at Pattaya Central or Pattaya South then go to the station on Thappaya near Thepisit.

Beach Road and 2nd Woad was closed to traffic in prior years.

But it's a great day to play water with the Anaconda girls.

They'll be in bikinis and drinks just 50 baht! Let's hope all the water doesn't cause "shrinkage" in the panty bulge.

And their sisters from Guess are coming down to join the fun!

You don't want to miss Anaconda on Songkran Day! (so announcing this again)

(and this is m from a guy who hates the week long buildup to Songkran)

And the Bells Travel Service Bus are only going as far as the terminal in Pattaya I believe, no hotel transfers.

be informed that on April 19, 2012,

Bell Travel Service in Pattaya will not provide

a pick-up or drop-off services

between Bell Office and hotels in Pattaya

due to Songkran Festival in Pattaya city.

A service between Pattaya and Airport and Bangkok city will remain the same.

Passengers will have to manage your own transportation from Pattaya Bell office to your hotel and from your hotel to Pattaya Bell office.

The traffic will be quite jam and our bus may be late so we ask you to plan your trip earlier than usual. We will not be responsible for any delay or late for your trip.

We are sorry for this inconvenience and thank you for your kind corporation.

Bell Travel Service Team

Any one wanting to ride in any vehicle into any place even close to pattaya on the 19th of april is TOTALLY FUCKING INSANE!

why not just down a bottle of scotch, steal a motorbike, put on a blindfold and drive off the roof of the nearest garage--i'd say that your likelihood of being involved in some form of vehicular incident of the negative variety would be about equal.

:roadrage:

• Upvote 1

Any one wanting to ride in any vehicle into any place even close to pattaya on the 19th of april is TOTALLY FUCKING INSANE!

why not just down a bottle of scotch, steal a motorbike, put on a blindfold and drive off the roof of the nearest garage--i'd say that your likelihood of being involved in some form of vehicular incident of the negative variety would be about equal.

:roadrage:

You have such a way with words Thaibound. Good advice all the same. :D

The final day of Songkran is no joke indeed. Seems the PVC water guns combined with the trash cans with ice blocks and water, and don't forget the sang som, are a combination for some serious disaster. I've witnessed mass pileups in front of Tips restaurant close to WS. Riders getting blasted in the face, lose control, and wreck their motorbike. Only to be followed by another which leads to the pileup of broken bikes and hurt riders and passengers. One is barely safe walking much less in a motorized vehicle. Spirits are definitely high on the last day, and not just talking about the mood of everyone. Water is wasted so quickly that the hotels are even unable to produce any water for a clean shower. No good if you have been doused with prickle powder on your face. That stuff burns my skin pretty bad too. -Swedeman007

Morlam 18 April: Just a timely reminder guys of the Morlam coming up this Wednesday. Should be a fun night on 3rd road as it coincides with Songkran. For those who have never been to one of these ladyboy schlong fests, have a peek here for a taste of what to expect. Worth checking out for sure. Submarines will be waiting outside to take you back to your bar of choice after it finishes.

So many events in the table in April. Keep it comming.

I am all ears and eyes for May as l am sure there will be a Morlam and of course theres the blast at BabyBoom. Any others? Less than 3 weeks to go and counting.

:drinks: ET

So many events in the table in April. Keep it comming.

I am all ears and eyes for May as l am sure there will be a Morlam and of course theres the blast at BabyBoom. Any others? Less than 3 weeks to go and counting.

:drinks: ET

Hopefully the guys on the ground can keep us informed, both here and in the Bangkok Times.

I'm here but I gave Morlam a "miss" this time. Just seemed like it might be a bit messy with the water and all :)

Good to hear you are still on the ground Rocky. Can you let us know when the next one is on?? There is usually a poster near the entrance to the school opposite the temple on Pattaya Tai. In Thai but as they go up about 2 weeks before the event, the date number is obviously the coming one. Cheers.

They look something like this.

post-106-024142400 1334992096.jpg

Apparently the latest Morlam was a bit of a 'damp sqiub' and hardly anyone attended according to Yuki & Emmy from Guess/Anaconda who did go. Its noticeable how many have gone home to celebrate Songkran with their families - many of the bars have been hit with severe reductions in staffing and no doubt those in real jobs have taken leave to get out of Pattaya as a lot of businesses do actually close the entire week.

• Upvote 1