The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

New LB bar, Soi Buakhao: The new bar's opening with LBs has been delayed until 9 March I have been informed. Will keep you guys posted as I hear more, although that may be a bit more difficult after today.

Opening delayed further. Will announce more details when they are available.

Aren't there actually two bars we're talking about here on Buakhao? One that's already open and recruiting, and one whose building complex is yet to be finished?

Correctomundo!

Last night I popped into the supposedly open one but there was only one staff member present. I also took pics of the one not yet finished.

I don't want to give premature publicity for a venue that's not ready to accomodate customers and send potential customers on a wild goose chase.

More details next week........

What about those black LBs and more info?

I've seen those black ladies sitting in that bar (don't remember the name, but close by Lindas and that huge special tree in WS) many times but only once have I seen something that might have been a LB. Sadly I had company that time and could not investigate it any further. As far as I remember she looked rather hot and did not look anything like those "bigger black girls" that usually hang in that bar.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

I am going to try to investigate this coming week. Alas BB and I never did get a chance to complete our planned interview for the Pattaya Times despite our best wishes. I am confident that should I fail at this task, JimSlim will be hot on the story soon enough!

Sounds good. Will be back in Pattaya in a couple of weeks so I will do some investigation myself :)

Not forgetting the redundant owner of the XXX Bar, is now managing the Kings Bar II on Soi 8 since December, and is now employing LB's as usual.

@Pdogg; is there any truth about Pook buying the Billabong Bar, in LK Metro,as all the straight forums are up in arms about it with, "Oh no they're letting in LB's to our favorite watering hole area, there goes the neighborhood!" Personally I think it will put a bit of class to the place.

But I believe it was a toss-up between Pook & another lady, as to who was buying it.

Any ideas Pdogg?

What about those black LBs and more info?

I've seen those black ladies sitting in that bar (don't remember the name, but close by Lindas and that huge special tree in WS) many times but only once have I seen something that might have been a LB. Sadly I had company that time and could not investigate it any further. As far as I remember she looked rather hot and did not look anything like those "bigger black girls" that usually hang in that bar.

Any info is greatly appreciated!

The skinny is as follows. Myself and inspector Hoot chatted to the ladies last week, and they said only GGs work at that bar. With further investigations, including a reinterview with Gerry, it turns out the LBs hang out at the back of the bar, and there is bad feelings between them and the GGs, thus the GGs saying there were no LBs there. Gerry offered to bring one of the LBs along for a chat, but he then disappeared of the radar so nothing became of it.

@Pdogg; is there any truth about Pook buying the Billabong Bar, in LK Metro,as all the straight forums are up in arms about it with, "Oh no they're letting in LB's to our favorite watering hole area, there goes the neighborhood!" Personally I think it will put a bit of class to the place.

I really don't know Paultain; I haven't been to either of Pook's bars since the GOTC. If anyone hears, please let us know.

Soi LK Metro has really taken off, seems like very month there's a new gogo. I suspect that some guys who just dabble a bit with ladyboys would prefer a ladyboy venue more tucked away like Baby Boom, Famous, or to a lesser extent Anaconda.

I really don't know Paultain; I haven't been to either of Pook's bars since the GOTC. If anyone hears, please let us know.

Soi LK Metro has really taken off, seems like very month there's a new gogo. I suspect that some guys who just dabble a bit with ladyboys would prefer a ladyboy venue more tucked away like Baby Boom, Famous, or to a lesser extent Anaconda.

I can tell you one thing thru experience, as i stay on the corner of LK and Buakhow.

IMO Upwards of 75% of the blokes who stay in the various hotels/bars in Soi LK are homophobes.

Cheers DK

And me looking more closely at the accomodation options at the Billabong Bar :spiteful:

post-136-014009400 1331561769.jpg

I can tell you one thing thru experience, as i stay on the corner of LK and Buakhow.

IMO Upwards of 75% of the blokes who stay in the various hotels/bars in Soi LK are homophobes.

Cheers DK

Thanx for that info DK, I was looking at accomodation at The Stag's Head on LK Metro and the rooms look great, but the downside is that its right opposite the FCUK Bar which is populated by English Football "Yobs" even though it was "dead" the few times I passed by last month

The other option is the Rockhouse which is on the Soi Diana enterance side, again the rooms look great but Ive not seen any reviews anywhere.

post-136-072877700 1331562399.jpg

post-136-082749400 1331562437.jpg

Famous Bar: I have been informed there is a "Cowboy" themed party tomorrow, Wednesday. Can anyone confirm?

you are correct, sir.

and according to Lita, hot dogs will be served -- and i don't mean hot dogs will be allowed in the bar, i mean the thai version of western cowboy food will be hotdogs.

there may be some beef from some part of some cow in some of them, right?

Lita suggested 8pm might be the approximate kick-off.

Ladyboy cowgirls sucking down some sausages?

Should be worth a look

See you there.

:crazysmile:

Thanx for that info DK, I was looking at accomodation at The Stag's Head on LK Metro and the rooms look great, but the downside is that its right opposite the FCUK Bar which is populated by English Football "Yobs" even though it was "dead" the few times I passed by last month

The other option is the Rockhouse which is on the Soi Diana enterance side, again the rooms look great but Ive not seen any reviews anywhere.

I don't think you'd get on well with the owner of the Rockhouse Duke.....

He seems to be a typical wannabee gangster, Scottish fella (not that that makes a difference, many English guys are wankers) but there have been instances of violence in and around his bar, certainly not what I am looking for when on holiday trying to get my sack emptied!

• Upvote 2

Nice reporting from overseas BB!

clearly the speed with which one can obtain internet access is increased when you're in some cold european country and not being constantly dragged back into bed by some overheated ladyboy who doesn't give a flying fig how important the news is you were intending to share with your compadres.

not that i'm complaining...

• Upvote 1

clearly the speed with which one can obtain internet access is increased when you're in some cold european country and not being constantly dragged back into bed by some overheated ladyboy who doesn't give a flying fig how important the news is you were intending to share with your compadres.

not that i'm complaining...

Alas all so true Thaibound. :(

Ladyboy pageant at Club Idol tonight, Tuesday, March 20th.

Think there is 50K baht in prizes; probably much of he money given out to whoever gets the most roses which generlly sell for 20 baht.

Club Idol is primarily a gay venue on 2nd Road Soi 4, not same same as Beach Road Soi 4

It's kind of back where Soi Buckhaou would be if it ran from Pattaya Central Road to Pattaya North Road. 2nd Road Soi 4 is approx where Beach Road Soi 6 ends.