The Pattaya Times

bumblebee

One of our roving correspondents reports that Layla Bar, in the Arab Quarter of Pattaya, has about a dozen ladyboys.

Need one of our roving reporters to get some pictures of this undiscovered vein of ladyboys! :pic:

Where oh where is BB when we need him? :cray:

That's quite an amount of LBs for any bar, someone send the Belfast boys around to check them out. :pic:

Need one of our roving reporters to get some pictures of this undiscovered vein of ladyboys! :pic:

Where oh where is BB when we need him? :cray:

Maybe I'll try to pinch hit for BB tonight and head over there with the brownie. If there are a dozen ladyboys there, then I stand a chance of getting a few in the rectangular box in my viewfinder. :)

Although PD mentioned something about another Mor Lam tonight...another awesome photo op

oh and btw, "how do I get to the Layla bar"?

Sorry, did not find the place yesterday.

Instead I can report lots of girls at Pook Swan, but no customers. I've never seen that many girls in the bar. I did not count but my guess would be around 25 girls. Gor looked great as usual, but I did not sample that thick meat stick of hers, but I will soon. Tok "will be back next month", which is the same answer I got back in December.

At Stringfellows they actually had 5-6 customers and my dear May@SF seems to have put on some weight since last December. She is still hot but just a little bit pompui. There was also a ex-La Bamba girl in SF, don't remember her name but she told me Cindy@La Bamba is moving to Germany.

La Bamba was very quiet as usual but the quartet Jen, Nancy, Nok and Cindy looked great. I did not spend too much time there since I had a friend waiting in a non-LB venue.

I had a good time in WS with some friends before I somehow ended up in my condo with a nice LB famous for her similarity to a horse, and I do not mean the face... I was rather drunk and she wanted to top me and partly did. It was 99% pain and I will probably not try it again.

• Upvote 3

Thanks for the Pook Swan, Stringfellows,LaBamba update! :clapping:

If you enter the Arab Quarter from the soi that houses XZone...then soon after you enter you can either veer right on a rather big passageway or veer left on a smaller passageway.

If veering right then Layla Bar is after Titantic Bar 2. This is the Layla bar in the above link.

If veering left you'll pass Layla Bar 3 before hitting Layla Bar 2.

There are three Layla bars all in the same vicinity.

My recon was during the daytime, pics later, so not sure how many ladyboys at each at night.

The above photo is not from there. The girl in the middle is App -- hot as shit, nice tool. Just catching up here, but surely The Squirrel or somebody has already posted about our surreal visit to Layla Bar a couple nights ago...? If not, I'll get back to that in a minute, but first...

In other news:

We here at The Pattaya Times have been given permission to publish information on the opening of a new ladyboy bar on Soi Buakhao.

"Omelette Bar" will be having its grand opening on April 5th! :clapping:

Why the name "Omelette Bar" you ask? Me too! "Becaut everyone can eat". Amazing Thailand...

Plans for staffing at press time are about half a dozen LBs and a few GGs. What stripe of LB you ask? Me too! Well, all I can report is that the proprietor looked me in the eyes and said, "I know what you like. (smile) You like new." Now, whether that's true or not -- for both me and the bar -- is beyond the scope of this article. But I can confirm that she did ask me for the phone number of a currently out-of-work little twist that certainly is my thing, though not exactly new.

"Where is Omelette Bar?" is poised to become the new "Where is Baby Boom?" And to that end, we will venture a stab at it:

It is in the new complex still being built that's just down from the new Action street, Beach Road side of Soi Buakhao. If you are walking from Pattaya Tai, after 100 meters or so you pass a Family Mart on the right, another 200 meters, give or take, there's a second Family Mart on the same side -- the new complex is directly across the street. But I believe there's some sort of hotel or something in front, and the open-air beer bars are in the back.

This report (post) is deserving of its own feature (thread), but alas should first be reconfirmed by another beat reporter prior to the event.

Cheers, and best of luck to Omelette Bar!

• Upvote 3

I should be flying in from Hong Kong a few days before the opening so ill check it out.

Also Can someone put a map up of Baby Boom as i left the Scouts years ago and i dont pack the compass anymore. I never go down there as a rule and dont want to prick around asking for directions.

What scrambled brained fucker dreamt up the word "Omelette" bar... ha ha they sure need to hire a marketing exec. perhaps O Bar would have been better.. it rolls of the tongue , i guess thats what it will end up as anyway.

Also Can someone put a map up of Baby Boom as i left the Scouts years ago and i dont pack the compass anymore. I never go down there as a rule and dont want to prick around asking for directions.

Here is the entrance to the soi on the right, the elephant shrine is directly opposite this entrance. You can see Pook Swan about 50 metres further on, on the right. BB is down the soi on the left.

post-106-028997300 1332686392.jpg

but surely The Squirrel or somebody has already posted about our surreal visit to Layla Bar a couple nights ago...? If not, I'll get back to that in a minute, but first...

Juri took us there the other night. I simply don't know how to put the experience into words..."Surreal"...definitely!

To begin...all of these open bars are 100% Arab. The music is by far the loudest I've ever heard in my life (this includes backstage and front row at AC/DC). It comes at you from 3 different bars, all different music, indescribably powerful Arab Club Music. The bar that we settled in I am guessing is Layla Bar #1.

There is something about this Arab sound that is truly captivating yet also strangely uncomfortable. It's relentless and unforgiving. The bar is filled with Arab men and staffed with some of the most interesting and stunning LB's I have ever seen. They tend to look a little older with whiter skin and sharper features. You don't feel like you are with farm girls, you feel like you are with something different...a little more professional and kept together. Make up is bold. The clothing is smart. The lines are clean. Since the music is so loud, all communication (ie working the bar) is done without speech...they just know. There seems to be something about the girls that is different, like they might be harder to approach. We were surrounded by Arab men some of whom were drunk beyond belief. I never knew about any interests that they might have for LB's and I never knew about LB's being interested in Arab men. There seemed to be little in the way of chemistry between customer and bar girl. I saw nothing in the way of intimacy.

Along the outside perimeter, there were some other Thais, light skinned women and femboys, who seemed to be in their own world. Just sitting there having drinks and sucking on their sheesha pipes. They knew the lyrics to all of the songs and sang along in Arabic. At the bar was a really interesting looking lesbian couple, a tattooed butchy Arab woman and her more feminine Arab gf.

Our server was just stunning. Low key, well kept, and great at her job. But it was impossible for me to speak with her because of the music.

It is so hard to figure how it works. Do the girls go with anybody? Are they more expensive? What are they like? Almost impossible to answer that night.

As I said, there was something strangely uncomfortable about the whole experience. There was just no way that I could see ever fitting-in. I woke up the next day feeling like I was coming off of a long acid trip. Fascinating and a little scary. Yet intriguing.

I am curious. As uncomfortable as it was, I want to go back there...kinda like a moth to a flame!

• Upvote 7

Fascinating report Rocket. You've definitely piqued my curiosity, and hope to hear/see more about this in the future.

Every time I walk up this soi, I too am struck by how painfully loud the music is. I've actually taken to wearing ear protection when I'm walking in the area, as it is definitely dangerous. I just don't get it.

Great report Rocket squirrel,nice bit of writing....ive been to those bars myself with Ringspun....as you say,its impossible to communicate as the music is unbelievably loud,ear drum damaging loud......I am 90% sure there were several Arab ladyboys in there....but without speaking to them ,its hard to say where they were from...perhaps they were the muslim ladyboy types from southern thailand.but they definitely looked Arabic.....

I should be flying in from Hong Kong a few days before the opening so ill check it out.

What scrambled brained fucker dreamt up the word "Omelette" bar... ha ha they sure need to hire a marketing exec. perhaps O Bar would have been better.. it rolls of the tongue , i guess thats what it will end up as anyway.

When asked what I thought of the name I said interesting as it wouldn't be right for me to encourage that name. I think there are already two O Bars on Soi 6.

I think Baby Boom is an extremely good name for a Pattaya Bar and Anaconda and Cockatoo ar extremely good names for ladyboy bars.

Tomcat, re the scale of Kendo's map, Baby Boom is less than a two minute walk from Pook Swan. You exit Pook Swan to the left and at the first corner (Rich Bar) you make a left walk down the little soi and u can't miss it mate.