Rom

Thailand's TOP 10 Ladyboy Bars of 2019

Simultaneously with the 2019 Romscars awards, that other time-honored Pyongyang tradition "Thailand's TOP 10 Ladyboy Bars of the Year" was held on January 1, 2020 with the choices for 2019 being announced.  Regrettably, they were visible for only 30 minutes before the regime's hoover was switched on to deprive the ladyboy mongers of the world of such vital intelligence.  Fortunately here at The Romscars Club those choices can be shared freely and I can ask BMs what they think of them? and which other bars they would have acknowledged instead?  Here we go:

Thailand's TOP 10 Ladyboy Bars of 2019

#10 Sweethearts, Pattaya   (Ladyboywise nothing special, but get to watch legends Jimbo and Cindy)

#9   69 Bar, Pattaya   (same-same nothing special, but best place to watch the sexpats in their habitat)

#8   My Bar, Patong Phuket   (not quite the old C&D, but Patong needed an all-ladyboy bar)

#7   King’s Castle, Patpong 1-2 cross alley, BKK    (Best joint in TH for passable post-ops if that’s what you are into)

#6   Baby Boom, Pattaya   (still unique, but is it me…or the drill is getting old?)

#5   Cockatoo, Soi Cowboy   (staff quality and quantity vary, but on a good night it rocks!)

#4   Katoys R US, Pattaya   (Spoiled for choice of hot ladyboys spoiled by Walking Street prices)

#3   True Obsession, BKK   (too many jap$, but the fresh talent never ceases to amaze)

#2   Check Inn Bar, BKK    (great fun ladyboy bar with highest ladyboys per customer ratio and a handful of superstars)

And the #1 and Thailand’s Best Ladyboy Bar of 2019 is: 

TJ Music Lounge, Pattaya   (won in 2018, only got better in 2019; hi Lilly! hi Ninew! Love you both! )

That’s all folks!  Now please speak out your alternative choices for the rest of us to know better and for me to take a closer look at them for 2020...

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Rom said:

And the #1 and Thailand’s Best Ladyboy Bar of 2019 is: 

TJ Music Lounge, Pattaya   (won in 2018, only got better in 2019; hi Lilly! hi Ninew! Love you both! )

Forget Best Ladyboy Bar in Thailand, I think TJ's is the Best Bar in the World!  Just got back from there a few minutes ago.

If my personal favorites, I'd have Katty Bar on the list but it is really more my local than a destination that is going to wow people. 

• Like 2

My 3 favs are, in no particular order, TJs, Katty Bar, and Why Not.  Have been to a few on the list.  Some float my boat others do not. Its horses for courses.  I like Katty as its smaller, more quiet and "intimate".  Other guys wont like that as they might like it loud with a lot of LBs plying their wares.

Its just a matter of taste.....

• Like 1

Ha Ha !  If she does not know already , I am sooooooo gonna tell Little Mama Aem when I see her next week that the  Pyongyang Board DOES NOT ALLOW THE TOP 10 LIST WITH HER BAR #1 AND HER ROMSCAR FOR BAR OWNER OF THE YEAR and that THEY IMMEDIATELY REMOVED IT when I tried to post it there.   And then she will ask me "Who did that" ?  And then I will put on my saddest puppy face and say: "I don't know Little Mama ...  I think the bosses..."   and then she will ask me "Who bosses?"  and then I will put on an even saddest puppy face as I sip on the first on-the-house-Chang of the night and tell her the Pattaya farang names of each and every one of the 4 PY censors and physically describe them in my best broken English ("bald man glasses; sexy man dye hair; ugly man big hair not real; old man big glasses cannot see).   And then she will ask "Why they do bad like that to me?" ... and then I will take a dry swallow and hold back the tears from my eyes and say  "I not know Little Mama! ... maybe because farang Jimbo not win this year... I not sure ... best you ask bosses when they come back your bar..." ! 

Seriously: what were those 4 geniuses thinking when they denied the community the joy of seeing their best peer-recognized ?

@ bumblebee :  Did Little Mama Aem know (i) she also won the Romscar for Bar Owner of the Year 2019? and that she won it (ii) with the acknowledgment that she should have shared it last year with Jimbo?   Speaking of whom, she might also like to know (iii) Jimbo was not even nominated this year.   And did she know (iv) she was featured in the Romscars winners caricature that PY also forbade?   I drew her very tiny with her 2 pooches, so maybe no one noticed...

@ bumblebee 2 :  is her name's correct spelling "Em" or "Aem" ? 

Romscars2019littlemoma.jpg.580407ae630eafb471c17abd0febb98a.jpg

• Like 2

I always spell it Em, but like many Thai names/places there are variations Jomtien/ Chom Tien etc.  Her FB post didn’t make any reference to being nominated or her caricature picture, so she may not have seen them.