Darkside Wins Ladyboy Review Oscar As Bangkok's Best Ladyboy Bar

pdogg

Both Bumblebee and I have been able to check out Darkside Bar in the last couple of months and it is now officially Ladyboy Review's choice as  Bangkok's Best Ladyboy Bar.

The bar has a lot of good things going for it.  Sexy ladyboys, a spacious comfy layout, good music at the proper volume, no hassle environment, a civilized Soi 33 location, drinks at reasonable prices and a great owner/host!

For all the details check out the Darkside Bar thread:

http://www.ladyboyre...bar-soi-33-bkk/

Get your    :movethatass: to Darkside!

• Upvote 1

Yeah! I'm tickled pink to hear this Pdogg, I spent a LOT of time here on my last trip, and thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. 

This place cannot get too much good press as far as I'm concerned, it does nearly everything right and is a relaxed comfortable place to hang out - or find a cute date.

Very good taste gentlemen!  :)

I definatly agree that the Darkside is an excellent choice when in Bkk, far from the usual hassel around NEP and the mundane lay out...  Not only is the (owner) host Great but also the general atmospher the place has about it will draw you back.

The only thing that ate me up was that i made there only in my last couple of days :mad0235:  Oh well, more and better days to come for sure ...

• Upvote 1

I don't know what to say guys, Ive only just seen the thread and am over the Moon that you have awarded me such an accolade I know i dont post to much don't won't to bore you ha ha but it really means a great deal to me personaly and my staff ive just rung the bell for everyone in the bar to celebrate thank you.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Congrats FatCat - this little pearl of a bar deserves the rightful praise :-) - thank you for being a good host when I've been by and keep up the good work :-) - may it, in the words of a Vulcan, "Live long and prosper" :-)

And the Jedi quote

" May the force be with you" and all of us. Looking forward to visiting on my next trip. 

• 3 years later...

Tonight is Oscar Night in Hollywood and also here in Thailand.

Ladyboy Review's choice for the Best Bangkok Ladyboy Bar is Why Not Bangkok.

Why Not has received great reviews from everyone we've spoken to.  It has an excellent management team and a staff of sexy ladyboys in a relaxed, friendly environment.

For more info about Why Not Bangkok and pics of their lovely ladyboys, check out their forum thread:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7436-why-not-bangkok/

We have a new category this year, Best Thailand Ladyboy Massage and the winner is Zaza Massage in Pattaya.

There have been overwhelming positive feedback about Zaza with customers leaving Zaza happy and satisfied which is exactly what a ladyboy massage is all about.

For more info about Zaza Massage, check out their forum thread.

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/7347-zaza-massage-pattaya/

• Upvote 1

I had two stretches in BKK back in November shortly after Why Not had opened.  They were still getting their act together at that point.  However I noticed that each night the bar seemed to get better.  They were adding new talent, and more customers coming in each night.  The girls seemed to really appreciate me returning to the bar each visit.  I experienced no attitude with me taking different girls.  Their was very little pressure for drinks.  When some did ask I politely said sit with me a while and I'll offer you drink.  They quickly caught on to my style.  I met a mate at the bar one night.  He isn't a LB lover, but he really enjoyed it and has been back since several times.  He actually he got the Why Not bar to play in his pool league.  The girls left us alone unless we invited one over for a drink.  .

Iain and Namnueng are great hosts and very accommodating to the customers.  One of the nights I requested a song and they ended up giving me full run of the youtube feed.  Although you can smoke inside the bar it didn't get very smoky.  The girls aren't allowed to smoke inside which helps.  

I had to go to Germany for a week before I returned to Thailand on that trip.  When I returned to the bar I received a warm welcome from everyone.  The girls were now wearing themed outfits. They added a service staff.  The ST rooms had opened.although I didn't use them they looked very nice in the photos.  By that second run through the bar I noticed other customers bringing their bar fines from other bars.  One showed up with Ruffa (PI ladyboy) who showed interest in working there as a freelancer. I don't think that ever panned out, but it was good to see Namnueng and Iain looking to add more girls for the customers.  Natty came in with her boyfriend on one of my last nights.  I knew her from Paradise Club and Chaos 9 days.  She was working at Check In Bar during this period. She made a point of saying friendly hello to me.  It wasn't long after that she started working their. I think Namnueng is going to keep drawing some quality girls to work for her.  

I always thought Darkside bar had the best bathroom of any LB bar I've been to.  While Why Not doesn't compete with Darksides loo, I like having to walk through the LB's dressing room on the way to take a piss was a big plus iMO.  Seemed like I was always catching someone changing as a lot of changing outfits going on.  Namnueng pointed out one of the girls on her 4th outfit of the night.  

Om next trip to BKK, I'm going to try to stay in that area.  I'm looking forward to my next visit and very interested to see more improvements.  I've been reading a lot of positive comments from customers who had positive experience since I was there.  I've noticed some local guys have made it their go to bar.  It's great to have another lounge bar option in BKK.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Gutsy gives great testimony as to why Why Not won the Oscar.

Unlike in Hollywood, we did not flub the presentation.  Bonnie and Clyde were given the wrong envelope and announced the incorrect winner remeniscient of the Miss Universe mistake.  Somehow the mistake doesn't seem as dramatic as Harvey's Miss Universe mistake though perhaps due to Miss Universe being a personal award for an amateur rather than the Oscars Best Picture being given to movie producers.

To reitterate, Moonlight won Best Picture, Why Not Bangkok won Best Bangkok Lady boy Bar, and Zaza Massage won Best Thailand Ladyboy Massage.

• 1 month later...