FatboyUK

Airline News

The researchers at FAU used a combination of aerosolized smoke and glycerin to simulate a cough with particle sizes around 10-20 microns.

If you prefer Japanese researchers with a human example here is one below - with about the same results. This was posted by the India Times.

There are some possible clues how Thailand may handle tourists - they are rating countries red that do not have COVID-19 under control. They may allow tourists from green countries where COVID 19 is under control without restriction, and ban those from red countries or subject them to testing and quarantine if they test positive on arrival.

much more believable...notice how most of the cloud heads down. BUT then at the end range seems to start rising it seems. Wish they had backed the camera off to catch the full range.  Almost as bad as the virus is the fact that NO ONE KNOWS "anything".  Qualifiers like believe, suspect, unsure, possible... and so on give me the impression that even IF someone KNOWS, cover your ass is in play, they'll waffle to avoid future repercussions.  Not good, especially when you consider, that like HIV it MIGHT NOT be going away.

I'm keen to see the results of test subjects (that's people in areas where their fearless leaders have begun opening things up).

Obviously as the biggest ground zero for stupid (Rainman says it's just the flu)USA citizens are banned entry.  I suppose once economy freezing hurts the wealthy enough they will make their puppets ease up on restrictions, as is happening now in some places.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JustSumGai said:

Almost as bad as the virus is the fact that NO ONE KNOWS "anything". 

I agree this seems to be the case..I think the Science will start to converge around  Xmas...but now its very confusing

But one things for sure , when i do take off , i aint going nowhere near that middle seat :biggrin:.  Some trains you have to book in advance and only every fourth row can be taken....as my Attorney tells me , where theres blame , there a claim

A Lawyer was on RT last night and he says that this Covid will be a legal health and safety Wild Wild West . A lot of Companies are going to get shot up in this 

to me the bottom line IS that MONEY is as important or MORE important than (poor/old) peoples lives.  Funny, the world did not BLINK when the KR drove a million people from Phnom Penh into the countryside to starve to death or be murdered, again it did  not blink as Hutu's hacked and killed an estimated 800,000 people (in ONE hundred days).  Most of the covid news is on nations that HAVE money or nations that are rising and MAKING money (can you say investors? I knew ya could).  I think it's more possible to suss how things are going looking at markets and following the money than it is to look to science, who lets face it, in their need to KNOW, and have FACTS, and duplicate, test, examine, etc. WILL usually say something like "we don't have enough information yet".   And don't forget the lawyers, because SOMEONE will sue scientists eventually.

A Roadmap for Aviation Industry Restart has been published by the International Air Transport Association (IATA) and the Airports Council International (ACI) World.

It's a 5 page document that I recommend anyone who will be flying review - and while it isn't binding on countries/airlines or airports, I think it will be used by many countries as there needs to be coordination. You can't have one country/airline/airport doing something completely different from another, or there will be travel disruptions.

This document also clarifies the IATA stance on blocking the middle seat on planes. It doesn't recommend this be done, but understands in the early phase of restarting, some airlines may offer this. They state that social distancing be

Limited to the initial restart phase, as they are incompatible with the restoration and development of air connectivity over-time given their limiting factor on airport capacity and aircraft capacity.

That makes sense as there is no way that airlines can price affordable tickets if middle seats are blocked off long term (until an effective vaccine or treatment is found), and the volumes of passengers cannot be handled by current airport infrastructure if social distancing is maintained long term.

• Like 2