Airline News

FatboyUK

On 11/14/2021 at 5:21 AM, Pdoggg said:

Scoot will offer non-stop service from London Gatwick to Suvarnaphumi starting December 16th.  Probably have to carefully read the charges for luggage etc.

The basic one way ticket will be 5,500 Baht (£125). The premium service, ScootPlus, is from 9,900 Baht (£225) one way.  

https://www.thailand-construction.com/scoot-the-low-cost-subsidiary-of-singapore-airlines-sia-to-launch-non-stop-flights-from-bangkok-to-london-gatwick/

Screenshot 2021-11-15 11.12.48.png

18 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

The basic one way ticket will be 5,500 Baht (£125). The premium service, ScootPlus, is from 9,900 Baht (£225) one way. 

These are the introductory fares. From next March Gatwick to Bangkok basic one way fare will be £170. ScootPlus will be £305.

Considering that will be low season I would think cheaper direct flights with other airlines could be found.

https://www.simpleflying.com/scoot-5th-freedom-london/

Screenshot 2021-11-15 11.38.30.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

Considering that will be low season I would think cheaper direct flights with other airlines could be found.

Absolutely !      I shan't be rushing to Scoot I will stick with Qatar Air at these prices.   :drinks:

• Like 2

I booked my January/February Heathrow-Bangkok  flights six weeks ago. The price then was £510, and I used my Avios so actually paid £420. 

BA is now charging £1,990 for the same flights so it seems a lot more people are now booking, expecting nightlife to be open again after 15 January.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

Thai Vietjet has just won the ‘Most Passenger-Friendly Cabin Crew – Thailand 2021’ award by International Finance Magazine, London, reinforcing its core value of ‘Friendly and Fun’ service, emphasizing its solid mission of becoming the ‘Airline of hospitality’.

VietJet-Air-Cabin-Crew.jpeg

vj2.jpeg

vj3.jpeg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Thai Vietjet has just won the ‘Most Passenger-Friendly Cabin Crew – Thailand 2021’ award by International Finance Magazine, London, reinforcing its core value of ‘Friendly and Fun’ service, emphasizing its solid mission of becoming the ‘Airline of hospitality’.

VietJet-Air-Cabin-Crew.jpeg

vj2.jpeg

vj3.jpeg

Maybe they could do a comparison with a photo shoot of say the staff from United?.

On 12/11/2021 at 3:28 AM, JustSumGai said:

first, dump the khaki color, very bad. Second better shorts...those look like cheapies and fit is boring as a burlap sack.

I'm by no means a fashionista but I think the shorts are outstanding being somehow simultaneously sexy and subdued.   

On 11/21/2021 at 9:57 AM, Quietguy said:

I booked my January/February Heathrow-Bangkok  flights six weeks ago. The price then was £510, and I used my Avios so actually paid £420. 

BA is now charging £1,990 for the same flights so it seems a lot more people are now booking, expecting nightlife to be open again after 15 January.

BA have now cancelled my flights!

I will try to book direct flights with Thai Airways, probably 3-4 days earlier than original BA flights.

If I can it means I will also have to change my rental condo booking, at the moment it seems I can

But I will also then have to change my ASQ hotel booking. I have emailed the Venue to see if they can reschedule my booking. Waiting for a reply.

Then if all my ducks are in a row I will have to reapply for Thailand Pass with new booking information.

Fingers crossed!

Screenshot 2021-12-15 12.10.10.png

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

BA have now cancelled my flights!

Oh nooo. Sorry, QG.

But why the cancelled? Is it that bad over there? I have stopped watching charts and scaremongering news,  but checked  just now. Sweden lowest transmission/cases in Europe. https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/weekly-trends/

You guys were the frontrunners of vaccinations, what happened?

I think it might be because it is financially unviable due to having to run flights half full as they have to space passengers out.

And they might not be getting many bookings.

Thanks I hope I can reschedule. I still haven't heard from the Venue and don't suppose I will until tomorrow now as it will be 11.10 pm there.

Thanks guys! 

I asked for a refund from BA as if I ask for a transfer to another carrier it would be Qatar from Gatwick, which has a stopover. I prefer a direct flight.

I booked a flight with Thai Airways yesterday. Also changed bookings with ASQ/SHA+ hotel and rental condo.

I applied for new Thailand Pass this morning, and received the new Thailand Pass with QR code one minute after submitting application!

So unless there are new restrictions or lockdowns, or Thai Airways cancels flights (!) I should be there in January.

• Like 1

T SHARE MORE

A Florida man was kicked off a United flight for using a thong as a mask to protest the airline's mask mandate. 

The passenger, Adam Jenne, told local news outlet NBC2 that he believed he was in compliance with the airline's mask mandate, as the thong covered both his nose and mouth on the Dec 15. flight between Ft. Lauderdale and Washington, D.C.

Airline staff, however, disagreed — and removed him from the flight. 

Jenne — who compared himself to civil rights icon Rosa Parks — said that he had previously worn a thong as a mask on several previous flights, with varied responses from crew members.