Sweehearts Bar, Soi Buakhao 2019

duke007

Now I am not going to be a promoter of this bar because its not my Business but I will post a few pics now and then.

( pics are courtesy of Jimbo)

Patty

DSC05130.JPG.aa5105c8ae7adfb1763f14abe76e63f2.jpeg

Anna, Jane, Patty, Beer, Bee and Nung

DSC05132.JPG.ea92b01d56ed76d082f0134be8395384.jpeg

Coffee (who is Hung :spiteful: )

I love my Coffee :wink:

DSC05133.JPG.9228e96922480eeeb1775e8c34a9c139.jpeg

Nanny ( also Hung :spiteful: )

DSC05134.JPG.910521e39525f37bc4a2f249c004d4c0.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Called in to sweethearts this week.  It was early, about 0930, and my buddy and I were the only two customers.  saw a couple of luscious LBs.  there werent too many about.  Town is quiet and it was a bit early for LBs and many LB mongers alike.

The drinks were cold and the girls didnt pester us or linger too long.  I eventually bought Belle a drink and she was delightful but I just wasnt feeling it that night.  her loss, right??  LOL!!!  I would definitely go back and give this place another try!!

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

yes..no doubt QG. this time though you sit in the back seat of the car... it was just too difficult to remove a drunken quietguy and some ladyboy from out of the front seat footwell....

it was great! i was sittng in the back happily watching two people gradually getting lower and lower in the front until they finally vanished...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

yes..no doubt QG. this time though you sit in the back seat of the car... it was just too difficult to remove a drunken quietguy and some ladyboy from out of the front seat footwell....

it was great! i was sittng in the back happily watching two people gradually getting lower and lower in the front until they finally vanished...

I blame you - I had to drink your unfinished beer! 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

What's with Jimbo not posting at LBR since 2011 ???

Nice job Duke filling in, but could you or someone please tell Jimbo that Rom says he better get in here fast and take over the Sweethearts thread or Rom will...

Seriously Jimbo: step outside your PY ivory tower and come play with the bad boys at LBR...

• Like 4

On 1/31/2020 at 6:37 AM, Rom said:

What's with Jimbo not posting at LBR since 2011 ???

Nice job Duke filling in, but could you or someone please tell Jimbo that Rom says he better get in here fast and take over the Sweethearts thread or Rom will...

Seriously Jimbo: step outside your PY ivory tower and come play with the bad boys at LBR...

Thanks, 

I used to copy and paste stuff from the Cocktails & Dreams thread for Jimbo and post it here, he was fully aware and grateful for it.

I stopped doing it because it was very time consuming and at the end of the day it's not my business, but I will still post the odd post from the Sweethearts Bar here albeit very sporadically. :yes:

I do understand why Jimbo doesn't post here (as well as other bar owners), as I said it is very time consuming and the likes of this, thexLB-69 & the TLF Fora have far less traffic than the PLB, and there is also Facebook of course. 

And you are more than welcome to take over the thread Rom :good:

On 2/1/2020 at 3:14 AM, duke007 said:

(...) 

I do understand why Jimbo doesn't post here (as well as other bar owners), as I said it is very time consuming and the likes of the this, thexLB-69 & the TLF Fora have far less traffic than the PLB, and there is also facefook. 

And you are more than welcome to take over the thread Rom :good:

Thanks Duke.  That was a nice post.  But unlike you I am NOT at all understanding of Jimbo and the other bar owners NOT posting on the "lesser" forums.  Jimbo stopped posting here in 2011 (and Scott in 2013!).  Can't they find the time to pop by a couple times a year and rally the troops???  It contradicts the congenial nice guy images they so carefully cultivate at PY where they make multiple posts a day and upload dozens of pics at a time.  It's also bad business as in leaner times (such as I believe both Sweethearts and Sensations find themselves in now) no market segment is too small to ignore.

As to me "taking over the thread," I did not mean doing the donkey work of posting too-busy-for-LBR Jimbo's pics.  I would not give him the satisfaction of my servitude, plus I only post my own original content and I don't have much on Sweethearts.  What I have, however, if posted would get Jimbo here in less than 24 hours howling at the moon (or at admins!).  But I would not look good for posting such pics.

So: how I propose to "take over the thread" is by publicly asking the question that I have been wondering about since spending a couple weeks in Pattaya this past January and scooting by Sweethearts in and out of Buakhao every night and ALWAYS finding it empty of customers:

Will Sweethearts be Jimbo's Waterloo?

Think about it:

Rent for a shop that size right on soi Buakhao must be at least 100K a month. 

That's TB 3,300 in drinks and barfines he must generate every night just to pay the rent.

And then there's the much higher operational costs with ladyboys wages, beverage costs, utilities, bar fittings, cleaning and maintenance, fines and bribes (?), Jimbo and Cindy's own imputable managerial remuneration, etc.

He probably needs to generate revenue upwards of 15K every night and, based on the lack of customers I saw, he must be falling short ...

BTW: My comparator is Surprise Yourself that was similarly sized and located on Buakhao and that went bust despite having visibly more ladyboys and customers than Sweethearts.

It is noteworthy that TJ's is thriving more than ever since Jimbo quit and that its unique street-staged cabaret show (introduced by Jimbo himself) will outshine anything he now tries at Sweethearts.

To sum up: the old boy has to be drawing on his savings and pension checks for Sweethearts to stay in business?  How long will he last?  Am I missing anything ?

• Like 5

Why is it such a concern to you rom ?. Not your problem is it ?. 

Seems you have some  personal agenda  with certain bar owners as well,   along with your usual bitchy  snipe's, digs, at the mods n guys at LBP  forum.  Who know far to much about  you,  and as you realise for your discomfort  it  is far from complimentary. 

So you come on to this nice forum  to vent your anger and hate towards all who did not dance to your tune.  Think i am not wrong.  This is turning into a platform just to feed your hurt feelings an failure of what you tried to get away with at LBP.   

You are the type of person that would enjoy n revell in possible failure of certain  bars so you can just gloat  Seems more like spiteful  vindictiveness on your part. All because  they are strong enough characters  to  stand up to you. An point out your sort of custom is not what  they want or need. 

Rgds soidog. 

• Like 3

Rom, I don't know you, so I have no personal axe to grind. But it seems you have some personal grudge against Jim and the bar. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion (even you), but the way you've gone about posting does you no credit. I've been to Sweethearts, and for me the music, the staff and the atmosphere has always been good. Jimbo has been a good host, and I am not a big spender.

What about wishing Sweethearts, and indeed every bar, success in these troubled times? Personal attacks - no.

• Like 4

Hi cobber.  I don't know you either and consider you post drafted constructively but a bit close-minded.

First, I have no "personal grudge" with Jimbo.  Last year I awarded him the 2018 Romscar for Bar Owner of the Year and made him a wonderful custom video where he is dubbed in German with Arnold Schwarzenegger's voice.   This year I included Sweethearts in my Thailand's TOP 10 Ladyboy Bars of 2019 and I inducted Jimbo into the Daddy Rom's Hall of Legends, the highest possible honor in my made up world of ladyboy mongering excellence.  I can't think of any of his groupies who has publicly honored him as much as I have.

The objective of the 2 previous posts I made in this thread is to get Jimbo to show up and be the congenial guy here at this Board that he is at the other one.   Sooner or later someone will convey to him these posts by crazy ol' Rom and he will come in to check for himself and perhaps post again like he used to.

That's all as regards Jimbo personally.

My financial prognosis of Sweethearts is based on what I saw during one week recently and based on what I learned from Cindy who I have known since she was the new hottie at NEP's Cascades 13 years ago.  I ended the post by openly asking  if "I am missing something?"  as regards Sweethearts's financial outlook and perhaps I am and, if so, you and others may want to point it out.

I know it's not habitual for bar threads to carry anything but praise to (understandably) avoid hurting the owner's feelings, but since Jimbo has not been around for almost 10 years, why not have some more serious posts than just ogling over the pretty girls ? ...

And I definitely wish Sweethearts stays in business, if not for Jimbo's sake then for Cindy's who I care for very much.

• Like 3

Rom, I acknowledge your post in response to mine, thank you, but I think you've gone over the top a little. Whether Jim posts here, or does not, is his option (and why should he be expected to?) And your personal history is of no concern to me - so I will move on.

Best wishes to Sweethearts, Jim and Cindy.

• Like 1