Obituaries

Glen once said his tastes were " Booze , Broads and Blow".....later in life he reversed into a fitness fanatic but one supposes the damage was done . 

RIP

Bit late on this, sorry Tomcat... 555, I remember really well, the complete 180 degree turn around, & also gleefully watched the manifestation that accompanied it, from rock n' roll, cool dude to strutting pseudo pimp/business man, with those awful boxy, zoot suite, type arrangements that he adorned himself in & the slicked back, greased up hair do's.... Fuck, what an awful way to see a hero go!

Luung Quinn heard this ? 

Richie Havens with Groove Armada a few years ago ... beautiful .

Whoooooah, thanks for sharing, Jim!.. Corr, at this rate it'll be worth saying someone else is dead, who isn't :rolleye0012:

I'd heard this before & then forgot all about it... Silly me

Thanks Unc. You're a good man.

I'm not really, Sam... I pick my nose & do all sorts of other nasty stuff

SHIT.... Just heard that Dan Hicks as just popped his clogs... Someone had best verify it, as I've been wrong a couple of times lately.

Anyway, if he is dead, which I think is?... Damm, what a shame, I really liked him, he was an incredible talent

.... Just heard that Dan Hicks as just popped his clogs... Someone had best verify it, as I've been wrong a couple of times lately.

Anyway, if he is dead, which I think is?... Damm, what a shame, I really liked him, he was an incredible talent

Yes, Unc. Dan Hicks has passed. He was 74. He's Gone Up the Country. 

• 2 weeks later...

Harper Lee, who wrote  “To Kill a Mockingbird,”  has died......She was 89......... A good long life............

She was also Truman Capote's life long friend.....They apparently grew up together and she honored him by making him a character in Mockingbird...............She won the Pulitzer while he was still writing his one great  piece...."In Cold Blood."

Even the learned Brits once proclaimed that if you could only read one piece of fiction in your life, make it "To Kill a Mockingbird."

It is a marvelous piece of literature.....

RIP Miss Lee......................

• Upvote 2

To Kill a Mocking Bird -  I remember reading it as a 15 year old in school, and then a few years back, while clearing out my attic, came across the very same book I had in school, complete with my name and form number on the inside page.

So I decided to read it again, and was so glad I did - probably one of the best books ever. Even a recent pop band got their name from one of the main characters. I can't hear that song "Wake Up" without thinking of the book.

I remember reading it as a 15 year old in school, 

n 2012, the Fordham Institute, an education policy think tank, surveyed 484 high school English teachers about which books they assigned. According to the group’s study, “Mockingbird” was taught by more ninth- and 10th-grade teachers — 35 percent of them — than any other book of fiction listed. It also tops most works in other categories, including poetry and plays. “Mockingbird” beats the most-taught works of Mark Twain, Shakespeare or John Steinbeck. The only reading material that topped it was Martin Luther King Jr.’s “I Have A Dream” speech, which was taught by 38 percent of teachers in those grades.

http://fivethirtyeight.com/features/to-kill-a-mockingbird-author-harper-lee-dies/

post-7348-0-96346500-1455936922_thumb.pn