Obituaries

The right wing media would often drag out Ian Paisley & his warnings whenever they wanted to frighten the public about the danger of foreigners. I remember his "river of blood" speech, it was very effective in alarming the masses. 

If Ian had directed his warnings against angry young Muslims he would have been more relevant but many of his dire predictions never came to pass. I always liked his passion but grew to realise he was a dinosaur with a racial agenda. 

I'm sure there are many people who still carry his concerns but no one dares say them. 

Ahhhh....   thanks Willie. Of course I was thinking of Enoch Powell. I jumped to my conclusion when I read JD's post about him going to hell. 

i think the jury's still out on enoch paccers.....many of my generation still give it the "enoch was right".....he was a brilliant man...double first in greek at oxford i think....after the Conservatives kicked him out he went and got a safe seat in northern ireland ....at least he had the balls to say what he thought rather than the mealy mouth career politicians we have now.....He never forsaw the rise in fundamentalist islam that is spreading all over europe and the UK....he'd be spinning in his grave over those fuckwits

• 4 weeks later...

Greetings Again Sam !!

Well im hoping this boring graveyard shift is going to be a temporary thing, and not longterm, so i find myself watching just about any crappy movie lol  just to pass the time away, and in between watching movies im on here replying to posts and entering the quiz, and keeping myself upto date with whats happening, so have you been to thailand recently ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bobby Keys an American saxophone player died at the age of 70. Here is Wikipedia's list of the people he played with/for:

• Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Les Habs from the 60s and 70s were my favorite hockey team, still are, but seldom watch hockey these days. Big Beliveau the announcers on tv used to call him. 

Remember him. and Jacques Laperrière, Yvan Cournoyer, JC Tremblay, Serge Savard, Henri Richard the pocket rocket, the Gumper, Rogatein Vachon, just off the top of my head. 

RIP Donna Douglas

post-45-0-32242100-1420273572_thumb.jpg

Elly May was a Tom and a Dee rolled into one. 

A beauty queen from Pride, La., she was already divorced and the mother of a son when she moved to New York to pursue acting not long after finishing high school. She had a number of small TV roles, her most memorable coming about two years before she was cast as Elly May,in theTwilight Zone episode "Eye of the Beholder." Douglas played a woman who was undergoing surgery to become more "normal"-looking and you don't understand why she isn't happy with the way she looks until it's revealed that everyone else looks...not so hot.