Coronavirus

seven

8 hours ago, Sylvester said:

You give him what he wants when you reply to him, or in any way acknowledge his presence. Stop feeding him. He is obviously here just to provoke and annoy.

It was a genuine mistake actually.

Back on topic. If you take into account living conditions in South Africa (townships, basically shanty towns and the high level of HIV/AIDS) they would be piling up the bodies in the street. The situation would be far worse in Zimbabwe  Lesotho and Swaziland. I'm not sure why they have not included Zaire and Mozambique & Botswana TBH.

By nature corona viruses mutate. The natural outcome is as they increase their ability to spread, the virus is trading off the capability to be lethal.

So in IMHO something is very, very wrong here. Either the media or the science. Which one? Or both?

• Upvote 1

According to Sly news, An Israeli citizen has returned from Malawi. Tested + for the new strain. 

Malawi is a bit further up. So this individual would of at least had 2 jabs of Pfizer and still in the land of the living.

If you take into account the demographics of the continent, the population is young. No unusual reports of deaths in previous weeks (Winter in the southern hemisphere) and the level of vaccination is low?.

I would hazard a guess, if they had the resources to test the entire continent, it would be riddled with it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Fenton said:

So what about the other 9 letters designated to strains before Omnicron?

It really is like playing Russian Roulette regarding the different strains that are inevetable in any Virus, in our case for wanting to travel it's like we have to hope for a new strain free window while we travel out and back to Thailand as we now know that at any time period within our trip a new strain pops up and we are then in all sorts of bother, ie quarantine on return etc etc.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BigTel said:

It really is like playing Russian Roulette regarding the different strains that are inevetable in any Virus, in our case for wanting to travel it's like we have to hope for a new strain free window while we travel out and back to Thailand as we now know that at any time period within our trip a new strain pops up and we are then in all sorts of bother, ie quarantine on return etc 

Yes Big Tel agree with you.

We have yet to see what the new pill can do. Doesn't focus on the spikes but more the envelope.

I think its time for a big gamble, let Omicron spread to displace Delta. By the time the 100 days are up (what pharma companies say that they can tweak the vaccines) and the pill should be available, is it worth the risk doing this?

And then how do we maintain Omicron to be dominant not just months, but years. 

Is this possible?

Or should we just drink bleach and hope for the best :-).

I found this site 

https://nextstrain.org/sars-cov-2/

Geeky science stuff, the rona family tree in colour 555

• Like 2

seems a LOT of people WANT to live in a hysterical state.  Constantly viewing "information" and keeping on top of any and all developments will do NOTHING but twist their brains in a knot.  It won't keep them safe or tell them how to avoid an airborne virus.  All I want to hear is death rates and hospital populations.  NEW CASES is bullshit. You want low new cases? STOP TESTING. BINGO!!!! we have NO new cases.   OMG! we have 500 more cases this week than last week (never mind that those 500 more were as nothing in last years peak). Media is just jerking people around because if more people are watching ad revenues go UP.   Keep em dialed in, watching and worried so they'll see every ad we show :)))

• Like 1

I'm rather sceptical about this, had 2 jabs of AZ and at the time would give 6 months protection against the strains known at the time.

Now they are saying a booster jab administered ASAP, would give you 75% (protection). Again this vaccaniation is not Omicron specific. So I really don't know how they have arrived at this conclusion. 

If you got underlying conditions, then yeah, its right thing too do.