Pattaya will soon be part of the sandbox scheme.
From February 1, 2022, registration will be open for additional areas, namely Chonburi Province in Bang Lamung District, Pattaya City, Si Racha District, Koh Sichang District, Sattahip District, only Na Chom Thian Subdistrict, Bang Saray Subdistrict and Trat Province in the Island Area .
Test & Go + Sandbox (?) rules:
- Arrivals from all countries are allowed.
- RT-PCR test 2 times with proof of hotel booking on the first day and on the 5th day with the hotel with 2 testing partners. Proof of payment for both PCR tests is needed.
- Systematized inspection and supervision. Tourists will have to wait at the specified accommodation/location until they receive the results of the test.
- Insurance system: In the event that the insurance does not cover the costs, the traveler will be responsible for the costs of hospital/ hotel Isolation and HRC.
- The CCSA will reconsider the rules if there are more cases / outbreaks or the situation changes otherwise.
Both, Test & Go and Sandbox, are to accept tourists starting from February 1 onwards.
In the blue areas, including Bangkok, Kanchanaburi, Krabi, Chonburi, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Phang Nga, and Phuket, alcohol can be consumed until 11 p.m.
Translated from Thai into English via Google Translate so please bear with me if its an odd read...
More info & resources:
Edit: according to
Test and Go will be open to visitors from all countries:
"Before resumption of the program, only 63 countries and territories were eligible for quarantine-free entry. From February, the program is open to all, however two PCR tests are required. Visitors must take one upon arrival and another on the fifth day of their stay."
This leaves me wondering why there's a need for two similar programs: T&G and SB...