Coronavirus

seven

Something concerning here with omicron..

https://media.ladyboyspattaya.com/images/forum/uploads/monthly_2021_12/image.png.7d94797e4fcd4249b99f4982ecdacca4.png

That was 2 weeks ago and this is as of today..

image.png.b7e34b94becc52ea6cade4feb12215e1.png

51 vaccinated patients dying vs 72 unvaccinated patients dying.

This doesn't show how many of those were vaxxed and never got a booster dose which does seem to help. So might be good idea to get your boosters if you haven't.

Also Pfizer seems to think they can have an Omicron variant vaccine out in March/ April so that's good news.

The Omicron wave seems to be plateauing and coming down in NYC after 4 weeks so since Thailand is behind us.. my supposition of it going really high for end of january and then starting to come down might actually be the case.

NYC should see lower transmission numbers hopefully in early February and Thailand should see lower transmission numbers hopefully in Late February.

15 minutes ago, Fenton said:

You have to factor in underlying health problems, its a scavanger, it prey's on the weak. Its no different to pneumonia.

That is correct.

The demographics of vaccinated people are different than unvaccinated.  

Those at risk, the elderly and those with underlying conditions are more likely to be vaccinated.   Unvaccinated people are younger and healthier so we're comparing apples to oranges.

In the USA Democrats are more likely to be vaccinated than Republicans however in this case Democrats and Republicans of he same age should more or less be equally healthy (but younger people do skew Democratic which mitigates the total disparity somewhat).

But more Republicans per thousand should die from Covid than Democrats.  This could swing elections in 2022 and 2024.  

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Fenton said:

You have to factor in underlying health problems, its a scavanger, it prey's on the weak. Its no different to pneumonia.

I'm talking from personal experience, it plays tricks on you. You can be ill for a few days, then you have a day or so when you think you ok, then it comes back at you again.

Yep I know what you're talking about.

I've managed to avoid COVID but I got MERS during a stop over in Dubai and brought it to Thailand and then made my ladyboy sick. I know what you're talking about.. mine came back twice and it was the sickest I had ever been as a 29 year old at the time and my ladyboy needed a month or so to kick it from her system.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Ashoka said:

The Omicron wave seems to be plateauing and coming down in NYC after 4 weeks so since Thailand is behind us.. my supposition of it going really high for end of january and then starting to come down might actually be the case.

Thats roughly the forecast over here. At peak and rising right now. Peak 20-31 January, then coming down. Some really nice graphics on this site.

https://graphics.reuters.com/world-coronavirus-tracker-and-maps/

(France and UK might wanna skip this). 

Countries reporting the most new infections each day *

UNITED STATES 704,079

FRANCE 231,885

UNITED KINGDOM 176,317

ITALY 144,895

INDIA 112,121

• Like 3

Interesting bit from this video at 18mins in.. data from India seems to verify what we thought..

Omicron is more transmissable than measles so the R0>18.

The current Vaccine does not seem to protect against infection from omicron but does protect against severe disease and hospitalization!!

Common cold antibodies (common in the winter) does seem to give an added booster against infection from Omicron.

• Like 1

Not an actual science article, but a topical letter to the editor, published in the Boston Globe, December 10, 2021

Don’t tread on my treads! — an antivax allegory

Updated December 10, 2021, 2:30 a.m

I refuse to put on snow tires. It’s my car, my choice, my freedom.

The effectiveness of winter tires is not proven, except in studies funded by manufacturers and reported by the government!

My neighbor had an accident even after putting on snow tires. Thousands of insurance claimants last winter blamed their accidents on snow tires.

Some drivers are already on their third set of tires, which proves their ineffectiveness. We don’t know what they are made of, really.

The tire giants conspire with meteorologists to scare us with wintry weather predictions, most of which never come true.

If you use winter tires, the government will track you when it snows. I mean, it even snows now in Dallas’s Dealey Plaza! When has that ever happened?

Don’t be snowed by Santa promising free winter tires for Christmas. Santa is a Nazi working for the deep snow state. He is trafficking in elves for his winter tire workshop.

Educate yourself. Open your eyes. Don’t be a reindeer in the headlights!

Stand up for tread freedom.

Theodore Bosen

Berlin, N.H.

• Haha 1

This week, I met a lady and compatriot who has developped a business in Hong Kong for 30 years. She decided to close the business and retire in her home country with her Chinese (HK citizen) husband. 

She confirmed me that China still has many clusters although they (Xin Jing Ping) declared they have mastered the covid pandemics. "It's highly risky to travel there" she said (she was a travel agent). "As oon as you get a cold you are likely to be locked in a hotel for 30 days at your own expenses and they won't help you out". 

• Like 2

In Sweden And Various European Capitals, Thousands Protest Against EU's New Vaccine Pass

In Athens, Helsinki, London, Paris Stockholm, and other parts, marchers demanded that new rules must be scrapped as they hampered lives of unvaccinated

https://www.republicworld.com/world-news/europe/in-sweden-and-various-european-capitals-thousands-protest-against-eus-new-vaccine-pass-articleshow.html

Across several European capital cities, including Sweden’s Stockholm, and Gothenburg, thousands of protesters converged on January 22, Saturday to oppose the EU’s new vaccine passports that mandate citizens to be boosted against the COVID-19, according to several Swedish media reports. As many as 3,000 demonstrators marched through central Stockholm and assembled in the main square to demonstrate against the new COVID-19 vaccine certificates. The march was organized by Frihetsrorelsen - or Freedom Movement, SVT broadcaster reported.*

In Athens, Helsinki, London, Paris Stockholm, and other parts, marchers demanded that the new rules must be scrapped as they hampered the lives of those who refused to be administered with the booster dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.  European COVID-19 rules bar nonvaccinated citizens from entering public venues, transportation, or boarding domestic flights. Vaccine-resistant people are banned from sporting events, bars, cinemas, and other leisure venues without exemptions.

Security officers warn protesters against 'violent behaviour'

In Sweden, a vaccine certificate is required to attend indoor events with more than 50 people. Angry anti-vaxxers converged in Sweden with chants and banners that censured the government policies. Protesters were joined by the neo-Nazi Nordic Resistance Movement, a group widely renowned for violent behaviour, Swedish media reported. Security forces shot verbal warnings at the right-wing extremists against resorting to clashes with the police. The protest largely remained peaceful with no incidents of fights or rioting.

In Goteborg, Sweden's second-largest city, a similar crowd comprising 1000 people strongly protested against the vaccine mandate. Meanwhile, in the Finnish capital of Helsinki, approximately 4,000 people demonstrated, while there were no immediate reports of violence. The Finnish government, earlier last month, rolled out stringent measures for raising vaccination coverage as it emphasized the importance of third doses [booster shots].

Authorities mandated the third dose under the Communicable Diseases Act to prevent the spread of the pandemic driven by the highly contagious variant B.1.1.529 Omicron. Premises such as bars, karaoke bars, nightclubs, and other recreational public venues were identified as having a high risk of infection and therefore, only the vaccinated members were allowed to avail these facilities.

According to the Svenska Dagbladet newspaper, 8,000-0,000 people gathered in Stockholm separately to protest against vaccinations as they brandished placards that read:Yes to freedom, no to COVID-19—pass.” France also witnessed large anti-vaccine demonstrations against the country’s more strict COVID-19 pass that mandated the booster. French President Emmanuel Macron had earlier used cuss words to warn the French anti-vaxxers, stressing that he will torture them by limiting their social lives if they refused a vaccine. 

* Well known far right organization housing lots of Neo nazis.

There were reports 'professional troublemakers' who have no interest as to why they gather but like to riot and cause havoc from Netherlands, Denmark, Germany were present . The nazi symbol was spotted among the crowd.

In the area where protest took place vaccination clinics decided to close shop in fear of vandalism.

164293141961ed24dbd53a3.png.webp

Protestors gather to demonstrate against the coronavirus measures including the vaccine pass, in Stockholm, Sweden. [Credit: Fredrik Persson/TT News Agency via AP]

164293146461ed25080d2e6.png.webp

Protestors march as they demonstrate against the coronavirus measures including the vaccine pass, in Gothenburg, Sweden. [Credit: AP]

164293153861ed2552163a7.png.webp

Demonstrators, in opposition to vaccine pass and vaccinations, to protect against COVID-19 shout slogans during a rally in Paris, France. [Credit: AP]

164293157061ed257292591.png.webp

164293160161ed25912e4db.png.webp

164293163561ed25b30a371.png.webp

Demonstrators march outside Downing Street, during an anti-vaccine, protest, in London. [Credit: AP]

164293167761ed25dd85ade.png.webp

People hold placards as they attend an anti vaccines protest, in London. [Credit: AP]

164293171861ed2606c6711.png.webp

Protesters march in front of the parliament during an anti-government rally at central Syntagma square in Athens. Hundreds of protesters gathered to protest staff shortages in the state health sector and compulsory coronavirus vaccinations. [Credit: AP]

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

i didn't even know that there is such as a vaccine pass.

Before they protested about Vaccine Pass they were protesting about vaccinations. Before that about masks.

Apparently it's all part of a worldwide conspiracy by satanic paedophiles, led by Hilary Clinton, to control the population and kidnap and enslave children.

The vaccines are to place 5G transmitters into your bloodstream!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

18 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

good... about time.

While I'm against lockdowns and vaccine passes, I'm pro vaccine, i e science.

These bozos bitch about their so called freedom while they are stopping 90% of the population to get our freedom back. If they would've taken the vaccine this wouldn't happen. They should just point the water cannons on these assholes and ship them to some gulag in Siberia. Let us others move on with our lives. Looking at this crowd of nazis and proud boys is there any wonder Antifa exists? I actually think they enjoy this situation we've had the last 2 years.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, seven said:

While I'm against lockdowns and vaccine passes, I'm pro vaccine, i e science.

These bozos bitch about their so called freedom while they are stopping 90% of the population to get our freedom back. If they would've taken the vaccine this wouldn't happen. They should just point the water cannons on these assholes and ship them to some gulag in Siberia. Let us others move on with our lives. Looking at this crowd of nazis and proud boys is there any wonder Antifa exists? I actually think they enjoy this situation we've had the last 2 years.

I am pro vaccine so I think vaccine passes for airlines are a necessity.

The 3 easiest ways to get a virus are: in a plane, in a train or in a bus from strangers.. As someone who got sick with MERS on a flight through Dubai where someone was coughing non stop on the other side of the plane for hours.. I came to realize after that planes are flying petri dishes. 300+ people using the same air, same bathroom.. sitting together way too close for comfort.

• Like 2