Coronavirus

seven

22 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

The actual manufacturing cost of all the vaccines is incredibly cheap.  I understand there is substantial development costs and distribution costs but Big Pharma is making a killing. 

This kind of profit is acceptable for us. They have in their hands the means of saving millioàns of lives. 

Moreover, they need profits now to invest to develop mass production since they won't be able to sell at high prices when it'll be time to supply for vaccination campaigns in poor countries. 

maybe late in the year? I think Thailand 2.0 is long gone forever.  When it does reopen it'll be a very different version, with LOTS of bars closed, and hotels too. Your favorite eating place might be there but bought out and totally overhauled, with new prices, higher I'm sure.  This is the way to shift to "quality tourists' (gov said they wanted that years ago, anyone remember?). 

For me I think they very much underestimate the amount of money brought in by budget tourists and even backpacker types. Maybe I'm weird but chasing ladyboys is about midway down my list.  I'm sure Bkk and to some extent Jomtien will not be places I linger long, even more so now.

At this point I've given up hope that it'll open to any realistic extent until maybe high season next year.  What will Covid do to the very idea of high season I wonder. I suspect it'll be 5 years before anything resembling "normal" happens.  I ain't getting any younger OR richer so who knows.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, xyzzy said:

Thailand has been added to the USA "avoid travel" list. I keep trying to find an excuse to try a January trip. But the idea grows dim...

Afraid so. Too much hassle involved for me. I'll wait. 2 nd part of 2022 looks more likely for each day now.

16 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

Maybe I'm weird but chasing ladyboys is about midway down my list.

Yeah well, we all have our different priorities. To be honest , the ladymen of Thailand are no contest the main reason I go there. It was also the reason for my maiden trip and made some good friends along the way who share this interest. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, xyzzy said:

Thailand has been added to the USA "avoid travel" list. I keep trying to find an excuse to try a January trip. But the idea grows dim...

Same here. I've pretty much stopped thinking about a winter trip. Next summer seems the more realistic time-frame.

• Like 2

Emmanuel Macron : "Our West Indies provide a cruel demonstration of the vaccination effectiveness"

In the West Indies, a new unprecedented epidemic peak threatens to saturate the hospital system - BBC-Edition

Video

M"rk 0:58  : "If we had to demonstrate that vaccination is the most effective means of responding to this delta variant, unfortunately, our West Indies deliver it, if I may say a cruel demonstration."

What happened in French West Indies ? 

Most of the people refused to be vacinated. While the rate of fully vaccinated people went over 50 % in the French metropolitan territory, the same rate remained at 16 % last week in the French West Indies. The main reason for the failure of the  vaccination campaign : local people prefer to use herbal teas, herbs or incantations to protect themselves from the virus (no kidding). They also probably thought that hot weather would protect them against the coronavirus transmission. However, the delta variant changed the deal. 

West Indies are not the only impacted oversea territories. In the Indian ocean La Réunion's vaccination was 26 % last week and the French Polynesia's rate 33%. While the incidence rate is 239 (per 100,000 inhabitants in France), it is 2,035 in Guadeloupe (West Indies) 1,178 in Martinique (West Indies), 384 in La Réunion and 409 in Tahiti (a 68 % increase over the previous week). 
Wheras the attitude of the population and local governments was pointed out in the West Indies, the Central administration has probably nglected Pacif and Indian ocean territories as they believed that islands, high temperatures and low population densities would protect the population against contamination. However, the delta variant seems particularly well adapted to higher temperatures and populations with unsufficient rates of vaccination. 

Experts fear that a new variant will come out at the end of Autumn. This new one should be more adapted to low temperatures. Let's hope that vaccines will remain effective against the next variant. 

• Like 2

I guess BBG wont be attending a Jason Isbell concert.  Great cowpoke artist.

Texas Venue Called ‘Hitler’ for Hosting Vax-Only Jason Isbell Concert

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-country/covid-vaccine-texas-isbell-concert-billy-bobs-1211942/

When Billy Bob’s Texas, the 40-year-old Fort Worth honky-tonk mecca, announced earlier this week that it was hosting a concert by Jason Isbell and the 400 Unit and enforcing Isbell’s Covid vaccination policy for entry after a different Fort Worth venue wouldn’t, the venue’s general manager says he spent the days that followed being called “Hitler.”

But Marty Travis, the GM and face of Billy Bob’s, is unfazed.

“I don’t care if they call me Janet Jackson. Let’s just get to the show and have a good time and move on to our next gig. It’s not that big a deal,” Travis tells Rolling Stone. “But, man, it is Uproar City down here, like I ripped a picture of the pope in half.”

bbtx-bingham-77c.jpg.webp

• Like 1

Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke has been hospitalized with Covid-19 and placed on a ventilator, according to a tweet over the weekend from his official account.

In May 2020, Burke spoke at the Rome Life Forum and said "Vaccination itself cannot be imposed in a totalitarian manner on citizens. When the state takes on such a practice, it violates the integrity of its citizens. While the state can provide reasonable regulations for the safeguarding of health, it is not the ultimate one, it is not the ultimate provider of health, God is. Whatever the state proposes must respect God and His law."

Burke also repeated baseless claims in his Rome Life Forum remarks, even passing along the continuously disproven viewpoint that Covid-19 vaccines may carry hidden microchips that make vaccinated individuals susceptible to government control.

Here is the proportion of foreigners vaccinated in Thailand by country:

1. Myanmar received 178,531 vaccinations, or 50.1%.

2. China received 38,447 vaccines, or 10.8%.

3. Cambodia received 36,580 vaccines or 10.3%.

4. Laos received 22,023 vaccinations, or 6.2%.

5. Japan received 14,866 vaccines, or 4.2%.

6. India received 8,893 vaccines or 2.5%.

7. The Philippines received 8,565 vaccines, or 2.4%.

8. England received 7,683 vaccines, or 2.2%.

9. France received 5,936 vaccines, or 1.7%.

10. The United States received 4,649 vaccines, or 1.3%.  :abe:

https://www.hfocus.org/content/2021/08/22728

On 8/17/2021 at 10:53 AM, Pdoggg said:

Cardinal Raymond Leo Burke has been hospitalized with Covid-19 and placed on a ventilator, according to a tweet over the weekend from his official account.

In May 2020, Burke spoke at the Rome Life Forum and said "Vaccination itself cannot be imposed in a totalitarian manner on citizens. When the state takes on such a practice, it violates the integrity of its citizens. While the state can provide reasonable regulations for the safeguarding of health, it is not the ultimate one, it is not the ultimate provider of health, God is. Whatever the state proposes must respect God and His law."

Burke also repeated baseless claims in his Rome Life Forum remarks, even passing along the continuously disproven viewpoint that Covid-19 vaccines may carry hidden microchips that make vaccinated individuals susceptible to government control.

At the highest position of the church hierarchy, Pope Francis urged people to get vaccinated against Covid-19. 

Pope Francis urges people to get vaccinated against Covid-19 - Vatican News

Pope urges people to receive Covid-19 vaccine - YouTube

• Like 2

On 8/18/2021 at 2:55 AM, Pdoggg said:

Here is the proportion of foreigners vaccinated in Thailand by country:

1. Myanmar received 178,531 vaccinations, or 50.1%.

2. China received 38,447 vaccines, or 10.8%.

3. Cambodia received 36,580 vaccines or 10.3%.

4. Laos received 22,023 vaccinations, or 6.2%.

5. Japan received 14,866 vaccines, or 4.2%.

6. India received 8,893 vaccines or 2.5%.

7. The Philippines received 8,565 vaccines, or 2.4%.

8. England received 7,683 vaccines, or 2.2%.

9. France received 5,936 vaccines, or 1.7%.

10. The United States received 4,649 vaccines, or 1.3%.  :abe:

https://www.hfocus.org/content/2021/08/22728

sure....vaccinate your working stock, fuck the rest of em.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Howard Stern has made his thoughts very clear about people refusing the COVID-19 vaccine: "F*** them."

Stern, who is no stranger to airing his controversial opinions, went on a rant against anti-vaxxers on his SiriusXM show this week.

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/howard-stern-covid19-anti-vaxxeres-rant-183532534.html

"F*** them. F*** their freedom. I want my freedom to live. I want to get out of the house already. I want to go next door and play chess. I want to go take some pictures. This is bulls***."

The 67-year-old shock-jock added, "the other thing I hate is that all these people with COVID who won't get vaccinated are in the hospitals clogging it up." 

Stern suggested people who chose not to get the vaccine should be refused treatment. 

"Go f*** yourself," he said. "You had the cure, and you wouldn't take it."

Stern also railed against his conservative peers who died from COVID-19.

"It's really funny when these radio, the radio guys are the best... four of them died, four of them were like ranting on the air they will not get vaccinated. They were on fire, these guys. It was like day after day, they were all dying, and then their dying words are 'I wish I had been more into the vaccine. I wish I had taken it,'" he declared.

Stern's longtime co-host, Robin Quivers, chimed in, saying she has "trouble drumming up compassion" for "people that stupid." 

"Me too," Stern agreed.

"Where do I have that clip of that Marc Bernier, the guy who died?" Stern asked, referring to the right-wing radio host who called himself "Mr. Anti-Vax." 

"Yeah, he's dead," Stern said. "He no longer walks."

Stern is still trending on Thursday over his remarks.

e8c70740-9a45-11ea-a6ff-d49601b3c8b6.jpeg

• Like 4

Well said by Howard, one of my favorite entertainers of all time!

There is lots of stuff we have to do in Farangland that infringes on freedom such as paying tax, observing speed limits, and military conscription.  Getting a jab in the arm isn't asking much.  It's not invasive such as if the vaccination procedure was a huge load of cum up your ass.  Politicians that pander to so called freedom fighters to score political points by whipping up vaccination resistance can go fuck themselves.

This is a public health crisis.  To limit the spread of dangerous mutations everyone in the world should be vaxed ASAP unless one has a special medical condition that would make a vaccine dangerous.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Well said by Howard, one of my favorite entertainers of all time!

Yeah, he's great. I agree with every word he said about this.

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Politicians that pander to so called freedom fighters to score political points by whipping up vaccination resistance can go fuck themselves.

Yup. Fuck em.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Fenton said:

Mr Rand is a member of the Republican party yes. How far right wing as you put it, I couldn't tell you.

His father made a lot of sense as well.

I think Dr Fauci is shall we say, economic with the truth.

Your republican opinions would fit in much better on PY, just saying. Not telling you what to post or where, thats for others to decide , but I doubt you'll find much support for your views here. 

'economic with the truth' as in fake news?

On 9/9/2021 at 11:58 PM, seven said:

Howard Stern has made his thoughts very clear about people refusing the COVID-19 vaccine: "F*** them."

Howard Stern to Joe Rogan: 'A doctor would also give you a vaccine, so why take horse-dewormer?'

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/howard-stern-joe-rogan-covid-vaccine-horse-dewormer-192053902.html

On his SiriusXM show, Stern once again addressed"s***heads in our country who won't get vaccinations." He also took a shot at Joe Rogan for taking "horse-dewormer from a doctor" instead of a "cure."

Stern went on to address the blowback he received over vaccine comments on last Tuesday's show.

"All I said was everyone should get the vaccine, it should be mandatory. This brought down a slew of publicity like I haven't seen ever, it was mind-blowing. I was trying to figure it out, 'Why am I getting so much press for saying this? Is it really so wild?' All I'm doing is speaking common sense," he said. "We have a cure for this dreaded COVID and we're not taking it — take it. Make people take it the same way we take polio vaccines and every other vaccine."

Stern said "we have it so good in this country, people forgot about disease" and that there are "cures."

"It always wasn't like this. You don't get to live to 80 years old automatically. It's done with science," he added. "The reason we live longer is because of science."

The radio host doubled down on his stance that unvaccinated people should be refused treatment at hospitals.

"We're trapped in a country with imbeciles," he added. "Guess what? When we get COVID, we don't end up in the hospitals so we don't overload the hospitals. So what did I say? We have no time for idiots in this country anymore. We don't want you. We want you to all, either go to the hospital and stay home, die there with your COVID. Don't take the cure, but don't clog up our hospitals with your covid when you finally get it. Stay home, don't bother with science, it's too late. Go f**** yourself, we just don't have time for you."

• Like 2