Coronavirus

seven

I had my booster in December. Nothing to say about it : just a light pain in my arm during 24 hours only if I'd press on the muscle to check. 

2 weeks ago, I went on holidays. After the week end, the ski resort was full of controls. "Upstream" of ski pass controls, employees would check our "sanitary pass" (Green Pass) QR code. In the street, troopers controled that we wore masks and municipal police controled that people would wear masks in cable cars. Regretfully, assholes from almost every country wouldn't follow instructions. 

I decided to stay for another week. More and more French people and UK citizens would find wearing masks useless and we had to struggle against undisciplined people. Germans and Belgians wore FFP2 masks. One day a Ukrainian skier wieghing around 250 lbs didn't want to put a scarf on his nose. Belgians in the cabin jumped on him till he did. I was impressed by their determination. 

Last Tuesday, I received a message in a red background in my phone. I was officialy a "contact case". My phone had collected  other phones bluetooth contacts that were kept in the App memory and one of them used his/her own App to declare he/she was covid positive or sick. The whole protocole was the indicated in my App. AS I had my booster already, I had no obligation to isolate unless I would be declared positive.  I received the message early in the afternoon. At 5 PM, I was in a test center to be tested. At 6 pm, I received a SMS with codes to upload a test certificate (with a QR code) stating I was negative. 
On Thursday, I had a second test, auto test this time (ATK). On Saturday, I had my second ATK/ 3rd test. End of the protocole. Since the alrm stayed in my phone, I messaged the App staff to ask them to delete it. I received a mail this morning saying it would bedeleted after 7 days, so was it at noon. 
Not everything was perfect but it seems to be organized to expedite procedures for vaccinated people. 

Yesterday, the new law came into force. The "sanitary pass" is replaced by a "vaccinal pass". This means that the green pass is granted only to vaccinated people. A PCR test not older than 72 hours is no longer accepted. In my case, my App will message me if I need to have another booster as soon as I can do it and again before I loose my green pass. 

This is what protesters demonstrate again. They prefer disorder, death religion über alles. Don't worry Seven, those are just a fistfull of thousand assholes. I lost a friend of mine last year. Don't worry for him, he's still wealthy. The more he's healthy, the more stupid he is. He prefers going to an abbey and pray rather than understanding science. He had tried to argue about covid with me telling me I was not following "my creator's order". Fuck off ! A couple of week later, he sent me a video from a movie supporting all the conspiracy theories around covid. (Covid doesn't exist, it's been invented by Bill Gates. Chinese created the coronavirus artificially. Our government tried to kill us when they didn't supply masks. Our government is restricting our freedom asking us to wear masks. Our government is not able to supply vaccines. Our government wants to inject 5G microchips in our blood with vaccines). I put him on ignore and I had to change my phone number a few months later. God will recognize his own after the pandemics. 

• Like 4

What an insane world! or this part of it anyway. Time for me to live in my own little bubble. You lockdown mob can have the world you want.

This morning i went to an ATM, the money came out but the card didn't.. got stuck.

went to my bank to get another card and report it.  Couldn't get in the door until i wrote my phone number on a list outside. Didn't do it. A little jobswoth dressed like Hermann Goering came running out.. "phone" phone".. me 'no' no'.

He wouldn't let me in until i explained 'i don't have a phone'

Oh boy! whoa whoa! major consultations between Hermann and someone in the bank. Got let in eventually. Got my ticket.

waited 40 minutes, 3 people came in after me and got seen before me.

finally got to see the person behind the counter, a counter with a 4 ft. screen of 10mm plastic between us. So, we have this screen, she is wearing a mask and sitting as far back behind the screen as she could. After about 30 seconds i realised i couldn't hear a word she was mumbling. I stood up and moseyed out the door.

i'll use my other account.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Fenton said:

No, they don't fuck them, but they do eat them.

Obviously what is concerning they have it in their collection of viri at the institute of virology, Wuhan.

This level 4 lab was built with the assistance and collaboration of the French.

Guess who signed it off?

None other than Monsieur Barnier, against the advice of your secret service in 2004.

Institut Mérieux in Lyon

Instead of launching senseless arguments, you'd rather read this and that. It's on a higher level.

Edit : read this too. 

• Like 1

Oops.

Johns Hopkins University study reveals COVID lockdowns prevented just 0.2% of deaths

Did cause "enormous economic and social costs"

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/coronavirus/johns-hopkins-university-study-reveals-covid-lockdowns-prevented-only-a-small-number-of-deaths

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf

A new study by researchers at Johns Hopkins University reveals COVID lockdowns prevented only a small number of deaths caused by the virus.

The authors reviewed 24 separate studies and broke them down into three groups: Lockdown Stringency Index Studies, Shelter-In-Place Order Studies, and Specific Non-Pharmaceutical Intervention Studies.

An analysis of each found "that lockdowns have had little to no effect on COVID-19 mortality."

The numbers suggest lockdowns in Europe and the United States reduced the COVID-19 mortality by only an average of 0.2 percent.

Shelter-In-Place orders were also ineffective, but slightly more so than the lockdowns with a 2.9 percent average death reduction rate.

Researchers did find that lockdown orders caused enormous economic and social costs wherever they were implemented.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

at least common sense and truth is starting to appear.

Historys verdict will be brutal but at least we don't have to live the shame.

In the report its stated: Unfortunately, it will be a wound in society for generations. Young people who have not been to school for two years, as has been the case in many developing countries, it will affect them as long as they live.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, seven said:

Historys verdict will be brutal

indeed it will Seven. But, will humanity learn from this madness? i doubt it.  Will the doctors in England, the ones who have refused to see patients face to face during Covid actually learn anything? No, they will never accept being at fault. Doctors can't be.

They are untouchable.

Just wait for the next cold virus to come....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, blind boy grunt said:

But, will humanity learn from this madness? i doubt it.

the report addresses this, but I doubt it too.

The authors concluded that lockdown policies are "ill-founded," and suggested that such policies be rejected in future pandemics.

7 hours ago, seven said:

Historys verdict will be brutal but at least we don't have to live the shame.

In the report its stated: Unfortunately, it will be a wound in society for generations. Young people who have not been to school for two years, as has been the case in many developing countries, it will affect them as long as they live.

When I was young I went to hospital to have my tonsil's removed. Missed two weeks of school. Always thought that I never caught up. Probably did because I was a child genius!.:biggrin:

• Like 1

On 2/4/2022 at 10:54 AM, seven said:

Oops.

Johns Hopkins University study reveals COVID lockdowns prevented just 0.2% of deaths

Did cause "enormous economic and social costs"

https://www.wmar2news.com/news/coronavirus/johns-hopkins-university-study-reveals-covid-lockdowns-prevented-only-a-small-number-of-deaths

https://sites.krieger.jhu.edu/iae/files/2022/01/A-Literature-Review-and-Meta-Analysis-of-the-Effects-of-Lockdowns-on-COVID-19-Mortality.pdf

A new study by researchers at Johns Hopkins University reveals COVID lockdowns prevented only a small number of deaths caused by the virus.

The authors reviewed 24 separate studies and broke them down into three groups: Lockdown Stringency Index Studies, Shelter-In-Place Order Studies, and Specific Non-Pharmaceutical Intervention Studies.

An analysis of each found "that lockdowns have had little to no effect on COVID-19 mortality."

The numbers suggest lockdowns in Europe and the United States reduced the COVID-19 mortality by only an average of 0.2 percent.

Shelter-In-Place orders were also ineffective, but slightly more so than the lockdowns with a 2.9 percent average death reduction rate.

Researchers did find that lockdown orders caused enormous economic and social costs wherever they were implemented.

On 2/4/2022 at 11:11 AM, blind boy grunt said:

surprise-surprise....

at least common sense and truth is starting to appear.

So now you believe John Hopkins University, experts, and statistics?

6 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

So now you believe John Hopkins University, experts, and statistics?

i don't believe the statistics which Johns Hopkins collated can be accurate, simply because they were collating figures sent to them from some very dodgy sources. Collating is all JH were doing... not verifying accuracy. There was no expertise needed.

On 2/8/2022 at 2:41 AM, Fenton said:

looking forward to my whisky therapy

Sounds good!   :biggrin:

There is a now a 14% positivity rate in Thailand and by the end of next week new cases should reach record levels.

Counterintuitively, now may be the time to remove all Covid restrictions.  Perhaps young Thais should actually be encouraged to go out clubbing and catch Covid in an effort to create herd immunity and have the virus burn itself out.

But optimal group behavior is quite different than optimal individual behavior so it is still safest for each individual to social distance as much as possible.

But being double vaxed and boosted, I think the chances are quite low that I'll be on a ventilator because of Omicron.   My motorbike trip the other day was probably riskier than hanging out in bars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pdoggg said:

Sounds good!   :biggrin:

There is a now a 14% positivity rate in Thailand and by the end of next week new cases should reach record levels.

Counterintuitively, now may be the time to remove all Covid restrictions.  Perhaps young Thais should actually be encouraged to go out clubbing and catch Covid in an effort to create herd immunity and have the virus burn itself out.

But optimal group behavior is quite different than optimal individual behavior so it is still safest for each individual to social distance as much as possible.

But being double vaxed and boosted, I think the chances are quite low that I'll be on a ventilator because of Omicron.   My motorbike trip the other day was probably riskier than hanging out in bars.

I think it'll go as high as 40% with omicron.. maybe 30% or so could be documented but the government always fixes the number.

You should be safe after 6 weeks of it being at 40% but I'd really not let my guard down for 8 weeks.

I mean why gamble with 8 weeks when it could mean years in return. Can just netflix and chill

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, seven said:

Yup! Why you know??

Googling around.

Many moons ago I was at a big outdoor overnight festival.  I wa seither hanging out with Swedes in Denmark or hanging out with Danes in Sweden; my memory fails me. 

56 minutes ago, seven said:

Wet Leg

Great name

34 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

I'd really not let my guard down for 8 weeks.

I am fairly cautious.  Full disclosure: Was drinking a beer with QG and we were both maskless. :db:

The European Union (EU) has certified the “Thailand Digital Health Pass”, also called “Mor Prompt” vaccination records, to facilitate residents in Thailand to travel to over 60 countries/territories that are part of the EU Digital COVID Certificate System.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Many moons ago I was at a big outdoor overnight festival.  I wa seither hanging out with Swedes in Denmark or hanging out with Danes in Sweden; my memory fails me. 

Was probably Roskilde in Denmark. Huge festival with great acts throughout the years.

Will be a great spring/summer with concerts coming back. He started his Never ending tour again, European leg should be here in the summer. Yay!!!

Iggy in May.

17 minutes ago, Pdoggg said:

Great name

Its the best band names in decades.