Don't Try A Jetski Scam On A Russian

ciobha

I witnessed a very interesting, and quite unusual event on beach road last week, regarding the jet ski scammers. Quite a long winded story, but all worth it.

We all know about the jet ski scam, in the previous days, on my strolls along beach road, I witnessed several incidents where Indian guys had fallen foul of the scam, of course the Policeman enters the situation on queue every time, to get his cut, err, to sort out the the problem.

Anyway, this particular day as I was strolling along, around 5p.m, I noticed ahead of me on the beach, directly opposite Royal Garden, a quite large Russian guy falling foul to the scammers. I stood at a bit of distance and watched for a while. You know the play, lots of arm waving, and pointing at the imaginary damage to the jet ski, 5 or 6 Thai guys now circling the victim, in case he makes a run for it, and finger gesturing to how much the damage will cost. Then the tourist (un)friendly Policeman enters, again right on queue.

Well even from a distance, I could tell this Russian was having absolutely fooking none of it, and his wife/girfriend was doing a lot of gesturing and finger wagging as well as he. So, thought I would retreat up to Swensens for an icecream, and a proper view of what was to unfold.

So this went on for a few minutes, Russian outright refusing to take any of it, meantime his wife was on the phone. About 10 minutes later, a pick up truck pulls up at the scene, and out of it get these 5 big Russian dudes. Scary looking bastards the lot of them, you wouldn't like to kick your ball into these fucker's garden. At this stage, the Policeman pissed off, probably thinking "I don't get paid enough for this shit". Obviously I couldn't hear or understand what was being said, but there was a lot of squaring up and obvious threats being made by both sides. Eventually all the Russians, including the guy being scammed and his wife, pile into the truck, not  a single baht paid, and the Thai dudes cautiously edging up to the truck, voices raised and arms waving. At this, the driver of the truck, probably head Russian hencho, walks up to the loudmouth Thai guy, puts one finger on his chest, and the other to the side of his head, immitating a gun, then turns and gets into the truck, and drives away.

Now I have no great love for the Russkies, don't get me wrong, they have never done anything against me personally to make me dislike them, I just, like most here, find them obnoxiously rude. Still, always nice to the jet ski scum get a taste of their own medicine.

• Upvote 7

Good story Ciobha. I too am not a big fan of our Russian comrades but happy to hear they stood up to the Thai jet-ski gang and made them back off. Love the image of the big Russian guy putting one finger to the Thai's chest and the other to his head. Perhaps next time I'll hire a few huge Russians guys as body-guards. Only for "Short Time" of course.  :biggrin:

• Upvote 1

yep,the thais are waaay out of their depths with the russkies.....the russkies have an air of menace about them the thais have never seen before.....good old ivan...

Yep the Russian mafia now is pretty well spread and pretty scary , looks like the jet ski scumbags picked on the wrong holiday makers 

its a shame Thaksin didnt take out the Tourist scammers with the drug dealers . would have been icing on the cake.

The only Thai males i ever speak to are under 25 and wear high heels and lipstick  , the rest are lazy lowlife scumbags and i wish a dreadfull plague be upon them all.I am completely prejudice against them , my Hotel Manager accepted . hes ok

I was strolling along B R recently when I saw a middle Eastern man and his son, about 8 years old, talking frantically to a police man on the opposite side on the road and gesturing towards the beach.  This was a little down from Royal Garden in WS direction.  The cop followed him across the road and a couple more police turned up. 

There was a woman there and a girl who looked younger than the boy.  Obviously a family day at the beach had turned bad.  The guy was pointing to 2 local scumbags on jet skis who whizzed around the area and paid no attention.  Of course there was a Somchai Scumbag who was doing all the shouting and acting aggressively towards the man, I really felt for the poor kids as they could sense the anger while not understanding him.  The father looked quite distressed but was getting nowhere as the cops listened in stoney silence.  Then Somchai moves towards him screaming "THIS IS THAILAND, THIS IS THAILAND" implying we can do what we want here in our country.

I continued on shaking my head.

• Upvote 1
  • 1 month later...

ATTACK ON SWEDISH TOURIST

Pattaya police were called out on the afternoon of Friday, 9th January to investigate an assault on a Swedish tourist on Pattaya Beach Road.  Mr. Fredo Kazenai, 51, was attacked by 27 year old Shawalit a Jet Ski employee, after the Swede tried to mediate between him and a tourist about compensation for damage to a jet ski.  Shawalit was pressurising the tourist to pay up, so Fredo told the foreigner to contact the police.  This angered the employee who then attacked Fredo.  Shawalit was taken back to the police station for further investigation.

http://www.pattayapeople.com/Crime-News/ATTACK-ON-SWEDISH-TOURIST_1001201501

Now I have no great love for the Russkies, don't get me wrong, they have never done anything against me personally to make me dislike them, I just, like most here, find them obnoxiously rude. Still, always nice to the jet ski scum get a taste of their own medicine.

The enemy of my enemy is my friend...

Good story C, thanks for sharing.

• 4 months later...

Phuket jet-ski operator found hanging at his home

PHUKET: A Patong jet-ski operator was founding hanging at his house early this morning (May 16). He had left goodbye notes to his family and ex-girlfriend.

At 5:30am Kathu police received a call from local residents who had found the body of a man found hanging from a wooden beam in the front of a house on 50 Years Rd in Patong.

Police and rescue workers arrived at the house to find the body of a man hanging by a rope from the beam. The victim’s feet were almost touching the ground and there was a chair lying next to the man.

In the pocket of the man’s trousers, police discovered three letters addressed to three people.

Police revealed that the man, Suradit Taweeratsarnti, 40, own a jet-ski operation on Patong beach and they say he had been dead for at least 6 hours and that there was no sign of foul play, assault or home robbery.

Police learned from neighbours that the victim has been living by himself since his girlfriend left him.

"He was under a lot of stress and in deep depression," said one neighbour.

Police will investigate more in this case before ruing the incident as suicide. However, they did state that the letters they found were all notes stating how depressing his life was and how sorry he was for leaving everyone he loves like this.

http://www.thephuketnews.com/phuket-jet-ski-operator-found-hanging-at-his-home-52348.php

• 4 years later...