The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

7 hours ago, Tomcat said:

what are these items ....they were made for a Steam Punk movie but copied from an old invention....you only get 60 seconds to look

Part of the picture is missing and one would probably get it within a minute .. if no one gets it ill post the whole picture and one can deduce by logic what  they are (like an IQ Question)... however enough info here methinks

Look like dice to me.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, bumblebee said:

Anything to do with a break for booze while doing a printing job :)

Not quite - tho' years ago the pubs on Fleet Street used to open odd hours for the newspaper workers. Not sure about the name of one popular pub - but it was known as The Flying Piss Pot !

• Like 2

While we are banging our heads against the printing press regarding Wayzgoose, here is a multiple choicer. 

Where is it illegal to own a rabbit unless you're a magician?

Auckland, New Zealand

Queensland, Australia

Las Vegas, Nevada

Beverly Hills, California

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Tomcat said:

ill go with Australia as i think they have had issues with these buggers over the years 

Correctomundo!

The government of Queensland says that rabbits are a serious environmental pest, responsible for between $600 million and $1 billion in damage every year. You are only allowed to have a rabbit under a strict permit for entertainment (like magic shows) and certain kinds of research. And if you expect the penalty to be a civil citation or a slap on the wrist, think again — the maximum sentence for owning a rabbit as a pet without a license is $44,000 or up to six months imprisonment. If you do own a bunny, you are required to turn it in to the Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (RSPCA) so that it can be relocated to another state in Australia.

Yep, it was well before my time so I was never fortunate enough to witness it personally, but basically what happened was that the boss would treat all he printers to a free "jolly up" to mark the end of summer, and the start of 6 months printing practically in the dark. The tradition faded away many years ago.

When I was on the branch committee in the printing union (the NGA it was back in those days) we tried to keep the tradition in a way, and held charity events through the year so we could have a free Christmas dinner and drinks for retired members. This also faded out as the various unions merged through time, but it was quite a popular back then, The old fellas would have turned up by the dozen to enjoy a free afternoon of drink, and of course more important, a chance to catch up with their old colleagues and have a good old chin wag about the old days. Some of them used to somewhat overdo the drink, I remember several times daughters coming to pick up the elderly old dad, and finding him in the corner lying upside down behind the piano, totally sozzled!!:party0005: Great days.

• Like 4
16 minutes ago, ciobha said:

It is something to do with everybody's star sign now being totally wrong, and we have been assigned new signs depending when your birthday falls.

Think that’s it, I heard something a week or so ago on the news that there were originally 13 star signs and ...

3 hours ago, Tomcat said:

Ophiuchus

is the missing thirteenth one. 

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...