The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

10 hours ago, bumblebee said:

(Sorry Seven you have to pass on this one ):biggrin:

:biggrin:

4 hours ago, Quinn said:

I once went to Sweden - it was shut. !  did eventually find a beer bar and it was fu**in expensive. !

Not anymore. You can drink beer here cheaper than in Thailand nowadays.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, seven said:

Yes, no one can guess its the government owned and controlled chain of shops selling alcohol.

I first came across the word many moons ago in Torremolinos, it was the name of a bar I visited on a few occasions. The owner, a Swedish guy, explained the significance of it to me.  In my drunken state I though he meant that the Swedish government ran the bar, which puzzled me as we were in the south of Spain of course.

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

I first came across the word many moons ago in Torremolinos, it was the name of a bar I visited on a few occasions. The owner, a Swedish guy, explained the significance of it to me.  In my drunken state I though he meant that the Swedish government ran the bar, which puzzled me as we were in the south of Spain of course.

Its a relic from the past, but one of those we wont do away with. Our phone company, railway, pharmacies, public transportation, postal service and of course healthcare used to be government owned, dismantled  in the 80s by liberals/rightwingers.  I'm not saying it was better then, but I can't say its better now either.

Grocery stores sell wine and beers now, bars of course, but if you want to buy hard liquor for private use you have to go to Systembolaget.

An institution that has had its day ideologically since long really, but still nothing any political party will touch cause of old traditions, much like monarchy.

Many visitors say its the best liquor shop they've ever been to. Their selections are from all over the world, and if they dont have it in stock, they'll order it for you for a very humble fee.

• Like 2

... what are these items ....they were made for a Steam Punk movie but copied from an old invention....you only get 60 seconds to look

Part of the picture is missing and one would probably get it within a minute .. if no one gets it ill post the whole picture and one can deduce by logic what  they are (like an IQ Question)... however enough info here methinks

il_1588xN.272069341 (2).jpg

• Like 2
32 minutes ago, ciobha said:

As I am in the print industry, I will miss out on answering this question due to unfair advantage.

There's a clue guys!!!

And here I was that Tomcat's pic could be parts of a printing press but it seems that Wazygose has to do with printing.

So I'll guess that Tomcat's pic is parts of some sort of S&M torture device such as a rack. 

• Like 1