Darkside Bar, Soi 33, BKK

farangbah

We all know bars can change from one half hour to the next ...

I do have a habit of telling things how I see them without embellishment. Naturally this will include the good as well as the not so good. I think too often people write their experiences with a mission to impress commonly making things sound like they're always having a blinding time whenever they go out. But for anyone who's been on the scene for any reasonable length of time knows full well that this is not always the case. Anyway ...

What a difference a day makes ... 24 little hours ... or 23½ to be more precise.

On the last of my two nights in Bangkok before heading back to Pattaya I knew I must give Darkside another shot because I very much wanted to like it. So after 4 warm-up JW Red and cokes at the Balcony Bar (where all drinks are B59) in Nana Plaza and one over-priced bottle of Heineken in Casanova (B150) it was approaching 11pm and time to take the sky train down to Darkside again.

As I turned off Soi 33 by Wall Street into the little soi towards Darkside it all looked very quiet down there, But upon opening the door and walking inside I was met by a delicious bevy of fluttering eyelashes and wide smiles which greeted me ~ Wow! ~ This is more like it!

I sat down on one of the sofas (I like sofas, I wish more bars had them) and ordered my drink as a crescent of crumpet formed an arc around me. As I looked along the line of smiles I saw the face I'd hoped to see ~ Nat.

Nat was lovely and turned out to be even sweeter and nicer than I could have hoped. Needless to say I had a great time last night and enjoyed all of the girl's company very much. With special thanks to Nat who was kind enough to show me one of the short-time rooms in detail and ensured I enjoyed myself. I did, without a doubt.

Darkside has suddenly become my favourite bar in Bangkok  B)

• Upvote 2

Darkside: Believe the hype!

Recovering from a roaring night at DS with bkkldby, Cheyenne, Socrates, OTS, Beachlife, and all their girls, Snick and many others. I am fully wrecked with Sweet Jane sleeping next to me, but the pain is worth all the good times we had last night here.

The ladyboys positive vibe, the music, the couches, and Fatcat holding court... BKK needed a bar like this. And while I'm sure not every night is rockin' like last night, and there is not 30 girls to choose from, I'm pretty sure I will always have a good time here, it's just built that way. Go a little out of your way and give this place a chance.

Thanks Fatcat for providing a great spot for us!

• Upvote 1

I visited the Darkside on consecutive nights a couple of weeks ago and I have ton concur with the positive comments of previous posters. The bar has a pleasant ambience with comfortable couches, a friendly team of ladyboys, decent music played at normal volume and probably the nicest toilet of any ladyboy bar in Thailand, sometimes it's just the little thIngs that make all the difference. I bar fined Off who was good fun back in the room. Keep up the good work Fatcat.

When SiamSam was in town, Darkside was on his list so we gave it a go.

This time it was like a totally different bar. We bought our share of LDs, but no one hassled us for anything.

Defo moved up a couple notches in my rotation.

Felix came to town this week, and it was another really good evening. I could get used to that.

Great news regarding Gate; yet another reason to make it down to Soi 33. B)  Relieved to hear my favorite (now ex-) Guess sweety found a new place of employment. :happy0065: I'll have to stop in next week so I can update my avatar, 555.

Very nice Fatcat.. ill be in the end of next week to spend some of my rapidly diminishing fortune. I wouldn't be surprised if Banks started charging an entrance fee in London sometime soon...

I hope theres a Map at the start of this thread 

See you soon ( assuming the Plane is not frozen to the Tarmac. what happened to Spring , its been cancelled here thats for sure.. snowing right now)

Very nice Fatcat.. ill be in the end of next week to spend some of my rapidly diminishing fortune. I wouldn't be surprised if Banks started charging an entrance fee in London sometime soon...

I hope theres a Map at the start of this thread 

See you soon ( assuming the Plane is not frozen to the Tarmac. what happened to Spring , its been cancelled here thats for sure.. snowing right now)

This should save you having to search through the thread TC.

post-106-0-61358400-1364171502_thumb.jpg

The soi is very small and narrow I walked past it in broad daylight. Coming from Sukhumvit If you look down the second soi on the map you will see the Office Bar. Turn right at the next soi even though it looks very small. Perhaps easier to spot Hookers Bar next door unless the signage has changed.