Darkside Bar, Soi 33, BKK

farangbah

Cheers Bumblebee for the info re diarections

Not a problem Fatcat and it was a pleasure meeting you and the staff on Wednesday night. Nice set up you have there. Reasonably priced drinks, soothing cold beer and some great sounds, not too loud, the way many of us like it.

All the best for the festive period and new year and maybe catch you again in the coming months. Check the place out if you are in the soi 33 area guys.

post-106-0-73535300-1356102739_thumb.jpg

post-106-0-54892500-1356102744_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

socrates recently forced me to ride the bts and then actually *walk* for at least 4.2 minutes past a series of lovely 'artist' bars filled with eye candy and possibility in order to see this 'darkside' for myself and i must say it reminded me immediately and continuously of the *old* guess bar back on soi 1 when it used to be a lounge with music playing at a level that accompanied rather than eliminated conversation, lighting that balanced the romantic/illusionary with the practical/functional, a lineup that was engaging without being extraordinary, friendly without being annoying.

all in all, my new favorite bar in bangkok. though i confess i'd move it up to a must-see if it only had a pool table...hint? hint?

if it did, i'd definitely have to find a hotel closer than my current soi 4 hang-out in order to more easily and repeatedly enjoy the place.

even still, an easy recommend for a place to at least 'meet-up' for a drink and chat prior to a night out--not quite the PBG of bkk (no food), but as close as i've found so far.

:character00218: