Ramblings & Replies

Understood.

I just have a feeling that virtually every person in the western world has an opinion on the JFK assassination, just for one example, so I am quite sure everyone here does as well.  If everyone voiced those opinions the threads and debates would be much more lively, that's all.

But I am sure many people here don't want to step on others toes or create controversy, etc......I get that.

As usual, my attitude is;  if someone can prove a conspiracy theory, step forward, collect your pulitzer prize, write a hugely successful book and become super-rich!  Until that happens I will always remain skeptical.

" So that's at least 2 people in this thread who had never heard of an Israeli connection, or at least that the Mossad had prior knowledge of the 9/11 attacks. I was quite sure I wasn't the only one."

Well,we've had a few people posting,and no one,apart from me and said they knew of it,I thought it was common knowledge.....A very good point made by Paccers about Churchill knowing about the imminent attack on Pearl Harbour and said nothing.....apparently he did the same thing in the first world war with the sinking of the Lusitania,bringing the US into the war.....

I'm a little surprised that jai dee thinks Mossad/Israel would never be disloyal to the US.....they even had a huge spying ring active in the US,been at it since 1948 apparently.....

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-accuses-israel-of-alarming-even-terrifying-levels-of-spying-9341264.html

I think more people don't get involved in debating because they dont want to be ridiculed,as i felt i was when mentioning the "dancing israelis"

Not my intention, Willie!

In fact of all the people I was able to meet this winter I thought you were one of the best guys, I would never ridicule you in any way and I'm sorry if you felt that way.  I just really had never heard of the Mossad having prior knowledge of 9/11, it kind of caught me off-guard.

And hey, let's face it, I've been ridiculed plenty over the years for taking the non-conspiracy side and believing what the media and various governments tell us.  So it works both ways.

IMO if the Mossad had any prior knowledge at all it was probably similar to what the US government knew; you know, that famous memo GW Bush got from the CIA in August, 2001; "Bin Laden determined to strike inside U.S." Their intelligence services probably had that same info, or had gotten it from the CIA, but I am very skeptical to believe they actually knew the exact date, the time, the buildings, etc......just my personal feeling on the matter.

I've heard of the dancing Mossard agents at the time. Curiously a lot of the links to it have "dissapeared". Link rot is pretty common or is it "conspiracy". At the time it was widely reported in the non MSM. You would HARDLY expect any honest reporting on it by MSM such as the New York Times etc as it doesn't suit their owners. They sat on domestic telephone interception stories and others for two or more years, and who can forget the "free speech" zones under Bush2. Until recently MOST US media have been too afraid of being labeled "antisemitic" to make ANY criticism of any aspect of Israels behavior which is often anti U.S. Remember the Liberty. MOST U.S. Americans have NEVER heard of it. Nor do they care

• Upvote 1

You would HARDLY except any honest reporting on it by MSM such as the New York Times etc as it doesn't suit their owners.

OK, but even if we except that premise.....and, sorry, but I don't .......there are plenty of honest, earnest reporters out there not only trying to make a buck but trying to make a name for themselves.  Think Woodward and Bernstein.

Now, say a reporter for the NY Times came up with a story proving that the dancing mossad agents were indeed culpable or at least had prior knowledge and their bosses refused to run it, you really don't think they would simply quit that newspaper and go rogue and report the story anyway? Hell, there are dozens if not hundreds of outlets who would LOVE to have a story like that, and it could make said reporter world-famous and very, very rich.

I find it hard to believe some reporters are finding these great stories, taking it to their editor and the editor - under directions from the owners - tells the reporter to take a hike and the story gets buried, with the reporter just saying "OK."  With the advent of the internet and liberal websites like Buzzfeed and Salon, Slate, HuffPo, etc.....if these conspiracy theories had any beef the reporters would get them out there and they would become world news very quickly, not just buried far down on obscure conspiracy websites and Youtube.

More on topic of the week.... Ebola

5 Schools Freaking Out About Ebola Because They Don’t Realize Africa Is A Really Big Continent

http://thinkprogress.org/health/2014/10/21/3582113/africa-geography-ebola/

Here is a report from Natural News:

http://www.naturalnews.com/047118_ebola_pandemic_us_government_american_cities.html

The U.S. government knew about the outbreak in advance, but didn’t warn the public

It’s now clear that the U.S. government has long known this outbreak was coming but did nothing to warn the public.

In early September, the government sought to purchase 160,000 Ebola hazmat suits from a U.S. supplier. http://www.naturalnews.com/046884_ebola_pandemic_hazmat_suits_biological_protection.html

Furthermore, according to this report on SHTFplan.com, “Disaster Assistance Response Teams were told to prepare to be activated in the month of October.” http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/report-disaster-teams-were-told-months-ago-they-would-be-activated-in-october_10012014

"Don’t you find it strange that while the government itself was gearing up for an October disaster, the public wasn’t told a thing about any of this?"

Jaidee said:

"With the advent of the internet and liberal websites like Buzzfeed and Salon, Slate, HuffPo, etc.....if these conspiracy theories had any beef the reporters would get them out there and they would become world news very quickly, not just buried far down on obscure conspiracy websites and Youtube."

The internet was just starting to fire back then. Reporters like others have mortgages and often won't rock the boat.

The NYT? (recently) sat on a MAJOR story on wire tapping (and other stories) for over a year so I don't buy your confidence in MSM reporters. Remember HuffPo and a number of others DOES NOT pay for stories. That won't put food on your table or pay your mortgage regardless of how famous you become. You prepared to risk your house?

Don't mention Murdock or Fox(the spin begins here)

• Upvote 1

I'd like to think reporters would have more integrity than that, and frankly would like to become famous.

Breaking stories is their main job, I'd find it hard to believe someone could come up with a MAJOR story and not tell it to the world just because their bosses say "shhhh, we don't want this getting out." If someone can tell us who killed JFK or who was behind 9/11 or that Obama was setting up FEMA death camps they would not only be able to pay their mortgage and put food on the table, they could buy a mansion and eat cavier every day.

Some owners?  Murdoch and some of the other big guys? Sure.  But the individual reporters, I think they want to do their jobs properly and if they turned in a ground-breaking story and their editors didn't run with it I'd have to believe they would go rogue with it.

Wow, that's so weird....we Americans really have no idea when you Aussies are joking around!

I was often told I had no sense of humor by an Aussie because he used to constantly call me a stupid American cunt and I wouldn't chuckle right along with him.  See, to us that's just plain not funny. At all. I dunno, I guess it depends on which side of the equation you stand on; I am sure both peoples have a sense of humor, it's just that some things make us laugh and others don't.  Brits are the same way, sometimes they find stuff funny and I have no clue why and surely vice versa.

I won't try & explain Australian humour, I would need to write a book, but I will say it is quite blunt & sarcastic. The sarcasm gives it a rude edge which makes it very unpalatable for those not used to it. And there are more & more politically correct Australians who find it not to their taste. Though it is my experience that once they "get it", they can't get enough of it. There is something quite visceral about a joke that attacks (attacks?) your inner being. Only when it is done well & only in the context of the conversation. Otherwise it sounds pathetic & I shudder when I see Australians trying it on foreigners. Newcomers mostly miss the irony. As in - "oh you mean you are only joking?" If it has to be explained it is not funny by any definition.

Calling someone a stupid American cunt is not funny & is not excusable. I think your "friend" might have been hiding behind the veil of "it's Aussie humour" in order to stop you reacting & taking it personally so he could continue calling you a stupid American cunt. 

Now that's funny.....           :rofl:

I'd like to think reporters would have more integrity than that, and frankly would like to become famous.

Breaking stories is their main job, I'd find it hard to believe someone could come up with a MAJOR story and not tell it to the world just because their bosses say "shhhh, we don't want this getting out." If someone can tell us who killed JFK or who was behind 9/11 or that Obama was setting up FEMA death camps they would not only be able to pay their mortgage and put food on the table, they could buy a mansion and eat cavier every day.

Some owners?  Murdoch and some of the other big guys? Sure.  But the individual reporters, I think they want to do their jobs properly and if they turned in a ground-breaking story and their editors didn't run with it I'd have to believe they would go rogue with it.

You have been banging this drum a long time. I see a much darker world where if something has to be hushed up no journalist is going to get their story published. I agree with Torurot when he mentioned the "lost links". There have been stories that seem to have disappeared from the web. I was trying to remember one earlier, it was a few years back & when I went looking for it later................ nothing, nada, gone.

For the 20 years before I moved to Thailand, I probably got about 90% of my news from the print version of the NY Times.  So my perception of events and issues were filtered and shaped by them just as many people's views are shaped by Fox News.

TV is great for breaking events such as the beginning of wars, Hurricane Katrina etc. but newspapers, specifically the Times was my media of choice.

Sure, I could have gotten a more balanced view by diversifying but I liked the Times and just got into the habit of reading it every day.

" No need for me to ever "get" his special brand of humor, I just stopped going to his bar;"

Why didn't you say earlier... That particular .unt attacked EVERYONE who was not an Aussie and probably a shed load of Aussies as well. He had no sense of humour worth the name and as a close cousin of the Aussies I can and do get their peculiar SOH which MANY U.S. Americans find hard to "get"/take just as Packers said.

Others will no doubt have differing views of him.

"Breaking stories is their main job, I'd find it hard to believe someone could come up with a MAJOR story and not tell it to the world just because their bosses say "shhhh, we don't want this getting out."

You have FAR too much faith in their integrity and ability. Money & politics trumped many stories.

Perhaps you don't think a story of the State spying on all it's citizens communications all of the time is not news worthy in the "land of the free" (sic), but take my gun from my cold dead hands.... The so called self appointed "newspaper of record" the NYT SAT on that story for over a year. They have also sat on other worthy stories, not to mention mislead the U.S. nation with FALSE stories of WMD et al.

Nothing anti Israeli ever got printed by the MSM back then.

• Upvote 1

Pew Finds: Conservatives Get Their News from Fox; Liberals Get Theirs Everywhere

Posted on October 21, 2014 by Eric Zuesse

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/10/pew-finds-conservatives-get-news-fox-liberals-get-everywhere.html

The Artists’ Road to Serfdom: The Commoditization of Creative Content

Posted on October 20, 2014 by Charles Hugh Smith

This is the net result of commoditization: there’s no premium for commoditized capital, labor, goods, services or content.

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/10/artists-road-serfdom-commoditization-creative-content.html

Perhaps you don't think a story of the State spying on all it's citizens communications all of the time is not news worthy in the "land of the free" (sic), but take my gun from my cold dead hands.... The so called self appointed "newspaper of record" the NYT SAT on that story for over a year. They have also sat on other worthy stories, not to mention mislead the U.S. nation with FALSE stories of WMD et al. Nothing anti Israeli ever got printed by the MSM back then.

There is so much horseshit in this I don't even know where to start shoveling.

If a person holds a deep abiding faith nothing will shake those beliefs, especially not facts, logic & common sense - they just aren't as sexy as believing there are large overarching conspiracies, or God's-word-on-earth, that can explain everything. This is why cults attract a following.

Journalists "sit" on stories until they have tracked down several independent reliable sources to confirm everything, they "sit" (continue to research) on them for legal reasons such as libel or national security (not leaking the bin Laden mission before it started) or if lives could be at stake. 

With WMD they reported what the government released until it was proven wrong, there were plenty of stories reported here (US) about the UN teams searching for WMDs before the invasion, during the invasion reporters were 1: kept in a corral by the US authorities or 2: kidnapped & occasionally beheaded by jihadists if they wandered out. 

Obscure websites authored by idealogues who don't leave their parents' basement & publish nonsense for the gullible & paranoid to consume & relink to, well they are entertaining, like reading about the Rosacrucians or our alien space brothers in their underground bases. And have about as much evidence for them too.

In early September, the government sought to purchase 160,000 Ebola hazmat suits from a U.S. supplier. http://www.naturalne...l Furthermore, according to this report on SHTFplan.com, “Disaster Assistance Response Teams were told to prepare to be activated in the month of October.”http://www.shtfplan....0012014 "Don’t you find it strange that while the government itself was gearing up for an October disaster, the public wasn’t told a thing about any of this?" 

What in the world is "strange" about a government agency buying Hazmat suits? They buy mattresses, bolts - both metric & english, condoms, toilets & potatoes too. Anything can be spun into a dark question. 

• Upvote 1

BREAKING NEWS Wednesday, October 22, 2014 10:36 AM EDT Gunfire Reported Inside Canada’s Parliament Multiple shots were fired within Parliament in Ottawa on Wednesday morning, and police officers rushed to secure the building and move occupants to safety. It was not immediately clear who did the shooting, but at least one body, possibly a soldier, was seen slumped at the National War Memorial nearby. Journalists covering Parliament were ordered by police officers at gunpoint to lie on the floor in the foyer in front of the House of Commons, The Globe and Mail reported on its website. The Globe and Mail’s correspondent, Josh Wingrove, said in a series of Twitter posts that the hallways were filled with the smell of gunpowder.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/23/world/americas/canada-parliament-gunfire.html

From Canada we are here watching it unfold in Ottawa.

Yesterday an Islamic extremist ran over two Canadian military personnel in Quebec. One died and the other is in serious condition. The police shot the extremist.

Scary shit in my otherwise peaceful and uneventful country!!

All TV channels have shifted to news of this I reckon?

At this moment it's being covered on every news network in the states as well, some french cop was just speaking and all my cable news stations had it live.

But soon they will go back to what they do best, spreading unfounded fear about Ebola and talking about the Kardashians.