Ramblings & Replies

In an article on how much the US spends on wars & killing in other peoples lands.... meanwhile, back in the "homeland"

“A 2013 report by the United Nations Children’s Fund noted that, of the 35 economically advanced countries that had been studied, only Romania had a higher percentage of children living in poverty than did the United States.”

http://www.ufppc.org/us-a-world-news-mainmenu-35/12095-commentary-us-is-indeed-no-1-in-violence-a-preparations-for-violence.html

Truly a country divided by "religion"

http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2014/11/really-think-matters-party-controls-senate-answer-questions.html

"The problem was, and still is, that the Establishment, whether Republican or Democratic, is responsive not to solving issues but to accommodating the special interest groups that comprise the Establishment. For the Establishment, preserving power is the primary issue."

"Americans have become a small-minded divided people, ruled by petty hatreds, who are easily set against one another and against other peoples by their rulers. "

Why the hell is this taking so long to go nationwide???

Oregon passed it also......4 down, 46 to go!   By 2020, latest......

http://www.adn.com/article/20141104/alaskans-vote-legalize-marijuana

Alaskans vote to legalize marijuana

Counting District of Columbia it makes 5, right? Interesting that the 4 actual states are far west, including the 3 most northwest. I guess we are more of a hodgepodge of people out here, less inbreeding, so maybe smarter overall. Also the constant rain keeps our brains lubricated.  :biggrin:

Soooooo happy to not live in a Red state!

What makes a red state as opposed to blue in all those cases? Wisconsin has a Rep governor and one GOP senator. Montana on the other hand has a Dem Gov, and one Dem US senator. Virginia has a Dem Gov, and both US senators are Democrats too.

This is one of my favorite scenes from the series Deadwood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTyGayvUrsg

Jack McCall is played by Garret Dillahunt who more recently has been playing Burt Chance on the sitcom Raising Hope. There was one scene in particular that really made me laugh. Burt was under anesthesia for some sort of minor operation, and when he came out from under it, Burt blurted out "That's one in a row for you Wild Bill".  LMAO 

Re; the weed legalization......yes,  DC passed it as well, so we now have 4 states and the District of Columbia which have legalization, the SMART places in America who can see that taxing it instead of fighting it [and losing] is the way to go.

2020 will be the absolute latest it will be legal nationwide, the other 46 states won't stand for these 4 plus the District making all that tax revenues while cutting down on law enforcement and court costs, they will all want in on that sooner rather than later so it's just a matter of time now. Finally.

I could never understand why drinking 12 shots of a dangerous drug like Tequila is perfectly fine, but taking a few rips off the bong is not; have you ever seen a stoner pick a fight, beat up their wife or act absolutely retarded in public like a drunk?

There were also many bills voted on this week whereas some states, most famously California, are now decriminalizing or giving extremely light sentences and misdemeanors for simple drug possession.  Cali pretty much had to, their prisons are bursting at the seams with  non-violent offenders; the state simply can't handle putting someone away for carrying around some weed. Or even sending 'em through the court system. The Three strikes law was also stricken down, finally.

Can't explain why a nice state like Wisconsin would vote in that A-HOLE Scott Walker, Lefty. That Tea Party fool may actually run for president, against that equally-dim bulb Ted Cruz.  And Joni Ernst got in from Iowa. TEA party people are absolutely scary, and the people who vote for them even more so.  In my little state we thankfully defeated Scott Brown, who also lost a race in Massachusetts just 2 years ago that carperbagging POS, and kept a Dem in that senate seat,  but our other senator is aligned with those Tea Party freaks, Kelly Ayotte. But still, living in the northeast or the northwest like we do is a million times better than living in some backwards red state.

More gridlock for the next 2 years, with more Americans voting AGAINST their own self-interests and voting FOR the anti-science Republicans, whose supreme court decided years ago that it's just fine and dandy for corporations like Koch Industries to buy elections. It's super-frustrating living in this country sometimes.

post-107-0-69665400-1415366271_thumb.jpg

• Upvote 2

Yeah, that has been getting a lot of play down here, Sam....lots of people aren't too happy with this latest guy spilling his guts, and Matt Bissonette did it last year.  I think they should STFU, being in the special forces is kind of like being in the CIA, why on earth would anyone think it's a good idea to disseminate classified information?

Funny thing is, the SEAL who says he is the REAL guy who pulled the trigger and shot bin Laden in the face [while he was hiding behind a woman, those Muslims treat their ladies so well] is refusing to talk about it at all.  He says "not in a million years" would he tell his story;  good for him.

JD, with regard to the recent midterm elections - the post mortem shows that the Democrat supporters did not come out to vote in the same % as the Republican supporters. Some pundits analyzing the strategy commented that both sides did not really have platforms and issues to stand on - but there was more energy for the Republicans as they made it a "referendum" against Obama, while the Democrats never had any unified platform, grasping at wedge issues such as women's rights, immigration, etc - nothing that could excite their supporters to come out and vote.

No doubt Archie is happy, but this will likely result in more of the same inaction and obstruction (this time by the Democrats) as the Republicans will attempt to undo the legislation passed by the Democrats over the past 6 years.

JD.... that cartoon is excellent, right on the money!

The Republicans are so much better at communicating their message & being assertive about what they want to accomplish. It seemed to this observer that in most of the country the Democrat candidates were trying to convince voters that they were actually "Republican Lite ". 

So I wonder if one can visit DC soon for cannibis tourism? I also wonder if the GOP, now that they rule both houses, will step in & stop the local pot liberalization from happening?

Yeah, that has been getting a lot of play down here, Sam....lots of people aren't too happy with this latest guy spilling his guts, and Matt Bissonette did it last year.  I think they should STFU, being in the special forces is kind of like being in the CIA, why on earth would anyone think it's a good idea to disseminate classified information?

Funny thing is, the SEAL who says he is the REAL guy who pulled the trigger and shot bin Laden in the face [while he was hiding behind a woman, those Muslims treat their ladies so well] is refusing to talk about it at all.  He says "not in a million years" would he tell his story;  good for him.

I couldn't see any Brits 'fessing up to killing anyone....especially OSB,they would automatically become a target for the hardline muzzies living in europe who would take their vengeance as OSB was their great hero.......it shows how little a threat the jihadi muzzies carry in the US ,as opposed to Europe.

OSB was dead 10 years ago. NO dialysis machine found at that compound..

BTW he also NEVER claimed credit for 911.

NO ONE on a crew of 5000 saw a body dropped off the ship.

All a "look over there" moment. The terrr is coming, be afraid. Give your friendly govt "more powers", go on you KNOW they don't have enough already... did I mention "be afraid"...

All a "look over there" moment. The terrr is coming, be afraid. Give your friendly govt "more powers", go on you KNOW they don't have enough already... did I mention "be afraid"...

nooooo....jeez tururot,only a week ago you posted about loony tune conspiracies ....! ffs....why is it so hard to believe that OSB was actually hiding in plain sight a mile away from pakistan security services?....maybe he had a kidney transplant....! no dialysis machine????jeezzus H christ......anyway...whoever the special navy seals shot....good,im glad,and of course why would a body be dropped off a ship ? they could have dropped it off the freakin helicopter couldn't they ......?

Loony tune away Willie. Your convinced the mighty fighting machine got their man. Or at least "some one". Never left anybody behind either because that's also part of the myth. Point me to the link that OSB said HE organised and took responsibility for 911. Surely he would want to take all that credit for destroying "the great Satan".... right??

Even the FBI didn't ever claim he did it. Then there was the 911 "truth commission" who was allowed to ask every question and question every witness.... What they weren't??

And the Ship... It was the *US* that claimed OSB body was dumped off a US warship at sea. 5000 eyes and NO ONE saw it. Or at least no one prepared to say anything

"Funny" how often the official stories about the raid changed, and two helicopters, then one, and later an OLD helicopter carrying most of the seals who were at Abbottabad crashed... killing all on board. Still black helicopters at dawn.... if you say so. It's not like the US has EVER lied or mislead about previous ops. Some amazingly large and detailed. Your old enough to have heard of "Iran Contra" and many far more recent and just as complex.

If your happy with the story good for you. Buying the book?

Even if OBL appeared on Oprah Winfrey Show and was arrested on prime time TV the C theorists would still deny it was him.

There is another way to perform dialysis that doesn't require a machine - a fact that these conspiracy theorists conveniently overlook. Peritoneal dialysis can also be used for patients whose kidney function is poor, but not to the point of requiring hemodialysis (use of the machine). It involves infusing a special fluid into the abdominal cavity that will draw out the wastes and then draining the fluid off after a prescribed time period. If OBL did require  dialysis, this is the most likely method, as it requires no electricity (think Tora Bora) and can be performed by a regular medical staff member - like a nurse instead of a specially trained technician to operate a hemodialysis machine.

Also with regard to 5000 eyes that didn't see the body put overboard - do the conspiracy theorists discount the possibility it might have been done at night, by only a select number of personnel?

There is plenty to be skeptical about when we talk about governments, but why did Al Qaeda have a different leader afterwards if OBL was still alive?  No explanation from the conspiracy theorists about that bit.

If your happy with the story good for you. Buying the book?

yes,i'm quite happy with the story-theres nothing to gain by lying......THe US goverment,as do all goverments do lie of course-but not all the time ,every time....

No ,of course i'm not buying the book...youre not suggesting they made it all up to sell a book are you?-thats complete loony tunes

Unless you have definite proof otherwise, from a reliable source, I'll just accept the story the Seals killed OBL

me too .

IMO  bin Laden is dead, shot in the face by SEAL team members and his body dumped at sea to prevent acolytes from visiting his grave, which would have become a shrine. I won't buy the books of those asshole team members either, fuck giving them money for telling a story which should remain amongst their brethren.

And, really, have these a-holes given any thought that their families are now in danger, and for years to come?  Some lunatic would love to take one of them out, saying "I shot the wife of the guy who shot bin Laden!"  These guys put their own lives and the lives of their families at risk just to make a few bucks; pathetic.

As for the GOP, I seriously have no clue how anyone can vote for any of those people.  Sure, Obama has been a disappointment and the Dems aren't any better, but why on earth would anyone vote for a party which; wants to tell women what to do with their bodies [mainly based on a 2000 -year old book of children's fables], allows more tax cuts for the rich and for corporations, allow those same corporations to give unlimited amounts of cash to political candidates, is against raising the minimum wage, is against unions, is FOR more guns,  deny global warming, deny fucking  EVOLUTION, wants to charge kids more money in interest for student loans, wants "boots on the ground'' in more places, spread fear on a daily basis.....the latest one is Ebola; do you know that O.J. has killed more people in America than Ebola has?....etc, etc......  again, how anyone can vote for them, especially a woman, is against all things sane and rational.

My favorite guy in all of America is Bernie Sanders, an independent from Vermont.  Looks like he will be running in 2016, but he really has no chance.   Damn shame.

• Upvote 3