Ramblings & Replies

The Earth in perspective.

Also interesting to read the lengthy arguments that follow in the link at the very end with the God Squad weighing in heavily. A brilliant reposte is given by a guy called John at one point.. Studly take note ..

In evolution, random processes build on one another. Those that survive carry their genetic information to the next generation, where it goes through a further grueling iteration. If a bacteria mutates (as they often do) because some amino acid gets flipped by a stray electron or whatever, no one had to think it up to make it happen. The result most likely is that the amino acid flip will make the organism less likely to survive, but given enough flips, one in a gagillion will make the organism more likely to fit into a new niche--and hence it will propagate. I think what people are having trouble coming to grips with is that random processes can result in rather complex organisms, no intelligence required. This is because of our uniquely human perspective--we create by design, so we think that the universe must operate on the same principle. But there is no evidence for it.

How come Putin gets the blame for everything? Why is the U.S. interfering in about 20+ different countries. IF ONLY Obama/U.S. was too busy trying to sort America's shit out, to have any time for the ukraine and 20 + other countries....

There seems to be very little ,or no control over american foreign policy by the pres....for decades covert wars and insurgencies have been instigated by the CIA,i believe,without the full knowledge of the pres....look at the iran/contra scandal for instance....was reagan if full knowledge of what was going on? personally ,i doubt it......I think american foreign policy sucks,but i don't think theyre responsible for all the ills in the world.....

• Upvote 2

good call Jaidee, and yes they WOULD have been great picks. but the words "too late" keep ringing in my ears.

in 6 months will LAKE be  up or down from 23.6? or should i say from 24.2 --where they've already climbed as i post this...

still i wouldn't bet on them.

not as soon as a few bigger suppliers start cranking out those suits...or Pfizer admits they already have a vaccine for ebola they were just waiting for the price to be right.

then again, i'm not betting against them either, lol.

:geek:

Well, I wish I had gotten in, of course.......I just saw some story about it today and checked them out, holy shit!

Naaaaa, same as most investors this week and last have been a bloodbath for me, down about 10%  :(

DuPont missed the boat on this stuff......turns out at this very moment they are starting to make the suits and masks, but it will be a little late to jump on this bandwagon.  Still, I may take a flyer on one or the other of those small companies,  Ebola ain't going away anytime soon!

They dont show them on Free to Air in the UK for many years , maybe the cable channels have it or maybe people buy online through Netflix .

The Box CD sets with all the Movies and shows is commonly available which i have.. also i think i have some duplicates which your welcome to if i can find them

Lakeland is up another 8.5 today.......damn, had I known this a week ago [some people were surely smart enough to get in on the protective-gear craze] I wouldn't have to work for the next 3 or 4 years  :(

LAKE today at 17.92. down 13.37% today--as i type this sentence.

i think we best all keep our day jobs--and i don't mean day-trading.

"what goes up, must come down" --BS&T

I've been sitting on the sidelines all year with most of my $$ in a money market, it was very frustrating indeed but I was waiting for an opening. Now the worst part: do I start going in Monday or wait out a few weeks to see what happens?

I'll probably start next week & gradually keep getting more invested into next the year or 2, most seem to think the US recovery is pretty solid in the near term.

Who would've thought that an African virus would rattle the markets?

It's amazing that we could think ourselves to be alone in the Universe. When you consider there are trillions of Galaxies each with a trillion stars & each of them with its own Solar System (possibly), there would appear to be far more likelihood of other life forms.

It's a very human trait to think only us has arisen as the sole life force anywhere. 

It is a very religious human trait. Most anti-theists are more open to the likelihood of life on other planets.

How come Obama gets the blame for everything.?.....if America is indeed behind the coup in Ukraine,i'm sure Obama is too busy trying to sort America's shit out, to have any time for  the ukraine....

Didn't you get the memo? He is the mastermind behind all the evil in this world.