La Bamba: What's Up?

bumblebee

1 hour ago, bumblebee said:

The end of an era in Pattaya.  One of the last remaining LB venues from most guys’ early days in town.  I first visited a week or so after it opened in its original, and some may argue better, location across the road. Good times back then.

Looking at history, sooner or later all the ladyboys bars are closing. Among the worst investments one may make.

Any business can be a bad investment,  it's the risk you take from day one .I have not met anyone that can look into the future and say this is going to work , two of the most well known franchise in the world " Hooters and McDonald's " have both failed in the wrong  location. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, stoolpusher said:

Any business can be a bad investment,  it's the risk you take from day one .I have not met anyone that can look into the future and say this is going to work , two of the most well known franchise in the world " Hooters and McDonald's " have both failed in the wrong  location. 

Spot on SP!

I think many businessmen underestimate risk.  Some fail because of weak management.  The tragic thing though is that a bar could be doing everything right and through hard work and smart work be successful and have it all wiped away because of the pandemic.

Risks such as "what if tourism falls by 20%" or "what if customer preferences change such as preferring Treeetown or Chaiyapoon instead of Action Street or Soi 7"   are something a prospective business owner should take into consideration.  But who could foresee that tourism drops 99%?

• Like 2

Many bars in general failed long before the pandemic, but somehow seemed to limp along along regardless, no doubt haemorrhaging money along the way. But to be fair, bars now in every country in the world, even Ireland, were failing long before the pandemic, as attitudes changed and there was too much competition for an ever diminishing customer base.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

So it looks like Nok has finally thrown in the towel and called it a day at La Bamba. Not a surprise really, the only surprise was that she held out this long. The pandemic was the final nail, but as has been mentioned, the writing was on the wall a long time ago. The finances required to get the bar up and running again, possibly only to see it closed within a few weeks with new restrictions, were not there, and the desire to keep the place going faded a long time ago. All the girls living in the bar have now moved out, and will be seeking employment elsewhere. Some of them will find it easier than others -  a number of them have been La Bamba institutionalised, so to speak, and may find it hard to adapt to another bar.

Miss Sindy was interested in taking over the reigns and keeping the bar running in her name, but couldn't find a mug :biggrin: who was willing to finance it for her.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 1/6/2022 at 9:11 PM, ciobha said:

So it looks like Nok has finally thrown in the towel and called it a day at La Bamba. Not a surprise really, the only surprise was that she held out this long. The pandemic was the final nail, but as has been mentioned, the writing was on the wall a long time ago. The finances required to get the bar up and running again, possibly only to see it closed within a few weeks with new restrictions, were not there, and the desire to keep the place going faded a long time ago. All the girls living in the bar have now moved out, and will be seeking employment elsewhere. Some of them will find it easier than others -  a number of them have been La Bamba institutionalised, so to speak, and may find it hard to adapt to another bar.

Miss Sindy was interested in taking over the reigns and keeping the bar running in her name, but couldn't find a mug :biggrin: who was willing to finance it for her.

What would you say is a caracteristic of being "La Bamba institutionalised" ? :) Just curious

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ALittleGuy said:

What would you say is a caracteristic of being "La Bamba institutionalised" ? :) Just curious

No rules, no discipline, no sense of responsibility, no idea of the basic principles of  timekeeping - should I go on??

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 4/22/2022 at 10:13 PM, ciobha said:

No rules, no discipline, no sense of responsibility, no idea of the basic principles of  timekeeping - should I go on??

Haha ok :) I didn't know they were that much "go as it goes", I don't have much experience to compare.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

La Bamba for sure was a landmark in Pattaya. For me THE face of La Bamba was Jeley (or Jele, Jaley and Jelee)! I simply wasn't capable of walking through the Soi, without her luring me into the bar for some drinks and more. It felt awkward walking by the place, without seeing her last month. I tried to contact her through Line, but unfortunately didn't get any reply. Would have loved to make some more sweet memories with her. I saw quite some pics here in the thread, but for you guys, a little trip to memory lane of this beauty :rofl:    Certainly I hope she surfaces again !

Jeley (1).JPG

Jeley (2).JPG

Jeley (3).JPG

Jeley (4).jpg

Jeley (5).jpg

Jeley (6).jpg

Jeley (7).jpg

• Like 4

On 5/17/2022 at 6:18 PM, Dan Miller said:

La Bamba for sure was a landmark in Pattaya. For me THE face of La Bamba was Jeley (or Jele, Jaley and Jelee)! I simply wasn't capable of walking through the Soi, without her luring me into the bar for some drinks and more. It felt awkward walking by the place, without seeing her last month. I tried to contact her through Line, but unfortunately didn't get any reply. Would have loved to make some more sweet memories with her. I saw quite some pics here in the thread, but for you guys, a little trip to memory lane of this beauty :rofl:    Certainly I hope she surfaces again !

Jeley (1).JPG

Jeley (2).JPG

Jeley (3).JPG

Jeley (4).jpg

Jeley (5).jpg

Jeley (6).jpg

Jeley (7).jpg

That last pic looks dangerous :D

• Like 3