Quietguy

State of Emergency starts at midnight tonight

From what I am told , making an immigration visit is classed as essential movement and they will give you an extension on for passport,  if you don't get the stamp either doing it yourself or an agent then the over stay fine will apply .

• Like 1

probably more to come today JSG. Something certainly has to be done regarding immigration offices. I walked past Jomtien office yesterday about 2 p.m to see hundreds, and i mean hundreds of foreigners queuing in the car park. Now is not a good time to go there.

• Like 1

buddy of mine lives in S. Korea now. Planned visit home town USA before all this, got here and now he's virtually stuck as legs of his return flight to SK are cancelled. I imagine quite a few are in the reverse position.  How can they seriously fine for overstay when you are almost not allowed to travel IN Thailand? Busses and flights cancelled. How many ubers would it take to make up for those?

Day One of emergency in sunny Phitsanulok today. Went to a big Tesco Lotus shopping centre in the city - temperature check at the entry; just about all the small stalls and kiosks closed up (even the True shop was closed), and in the Lotus area itself, all the homewares (fridges, TVs, etc) and all the shoe/shirt/ underwear bits were cordoned off.

Other than that the store was pretty normal, except some mongrels had bought up all the eggs - not even a cracked shell to be seen. Aah well, plenty of weet-bix, milk, bread and NZ cheese to see me through (and plenty of stuff for my other half to cook at home).

One last whinge - more than usual lazy Thais leaving the trolleys just anywhere in the car park, when there are places to park them. Three behind my car. Rant over, and I'm stocked up until next week. No road-blocks or police sighted on either trip. See how we survive the next few days, and shop again next Thursday.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, cobber32 said:

Day One of emergency in sunny Phitsanulok today. Went to a big Tesco Lotus shopping centre in the city - temperature check at the entry; just about all the small stalls and kiosks closed up (even the True shop was closed), and in the Lotus area itself, all the homewares (fridges, TVs, etc) and all the shoe/shirt/ underwear bits were cordoned off.

Other than that the store was pretty normal, except some mongrels had bought up all the eggs - not even a cracked shell to be seen. Aah well, plenty of weet-bix, milk, bread and NZ cheese to see me through (and plenty of stuff for my other half to cook at home).

One last whinge - more than usual lazy Thais leaving the trolleys just anywhere in the car park, when there are places to park them. Three behind my car. Rant over, and I'm stocked up until next week. No road-blocks or police sighted on either trip. See how we survive the next few days, and shop again next Thursday.

New Zealand cheese!!.What is the world coming to???

1 minute ago, Woodie said:

New Zealand cheese!!.What is the world coming to???

It's the best there is, Woodie - you know that. Mainland cheese, tasty, and the Chesdale slices - they've kept me alive for a year or three.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cobber32 said:

It's the best there is, Woodie - you know that. Mainland cheese, tasty, and the Chesdale slices - they've kept me alive for a year or three.

Geez, I have not had Chesdale for many many years. Was brought up on that.

• Like 1