State of Emergency starts at midnight tonight

Quietguy

15 minutes ago, blind boy grunt said:

copy and paste same as you do the you tube stuff QG

I don't do that with videos. When you started the Katty Bar playlists, my attempts to post videos by copying url links didn't work.

I googled how to copy on Chrome notebooks and it said to hold down control, shift and c keys at the same time, then click on the share icon under video.

Then to place video on forum post, click on control and v keys. It has worked for me.

Before on a non Chrome notebook I would just copy out the url and that would post the video, but it doesn't work on chrome notebooks.

I will have another go at copy & paste though while I have nothing much to do in lockdown. 

I bought a chrome notebook when my last laptop died - the small one I had with me when I met you at your local coffee shop.

I only use computers for online shopping, forums and emails so it does everything I need it for. 

They are generally cheaper than most laptops these days but are more simple to use, and with less functions. On my previous laptop I could colour or edit photos. On the chromebook I can only crop photos and screenshots.

Also chromebooks don't need ant-virus protection, which saves on annual renewal costs.

But on old laptops I just laboriously wrote out then typed youtube or other videos' urls (that line of figures and numbers at top of page) onto post. If it showed in blue, then when I clicked on it the video would usually be shown. Doesn't work on chromebooks though. 

I can't connect my chromebook to a printer - but I don't have one now. So if I need to print anything out, like airline tickets or hotel booking confirmations, I have to do it at my local public library.

Also chromebooks, or my model anyway, don't have disc drawers so you can't play dvds on them, not that I'd want to. 

I can't sync fitbit, garmin or other smartwatches on the chromebook. 

For Youtube videos, on my laptop, I click on the Share button beneath the video and then copy the URL (not the embed code) that appears.  Then I paste it into LBR which is configured so that it automatically embeds the video.

Screen Shot 2563-05-02 at 19.42.30.png

Screen Shot 2563-05-02 at 19.42.39.png

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

For Youtube videos, on my laptop, I click on the Share button beneath the video and then copy the URL (not the embed code) that appears.  Then I paste it into LBR which is configured so that it automatically embeds the video.

:biggrin:  why thank you., PD.

• Like 1

Ctrl C is cut, Ctrl V is paste.

I hate to say this but feel compelled.

Dump Chromebook OS and install Linux Mint, Mate would be a bit faster but Cinnamon should work fine.  Now you have a complete OS with lots of program choices. And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to be ONLINE to use Chromebooks really? I mean all yer stuff is in the the cloud no?  Really, check out Linux Mint. I edit with Irfanview by use of a windows "emulator".  You get the full Office suite in linux style.

or hey, run both?

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, JustSumGai said:

Dump Chromebook OS and install Linux Mint, Mate would be a bit faster but Cinnamon should work fine.  Now you have a complete OS with lots of program choices. And correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to be ONLINE to use Chromebooks really? I mean all yer stuff is in the the cloud no?  Really, check out Linux Mint. I edit with Irfanview by use of a windows "emulator".  You get the full Office suite in linux style.

or hey, run both?

https://lifehacker.com/how-to-install-linux-on-a-chromebook-and-unlock-its-ful-509039343

Ha! JSG....  QG probably bought that chromebook thing at the same pawn shop he got his camera and hair trimmer from back in '08....   2008 that is, not 1908. i think...

1 hour ago, Quinn said:

7-11 and Foodmart etc etc now open for booze. Hurrah. !

warned ya QG...Quinn's after your job!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

or hey, run both?

Thanks, but I don't have a clue what that means!

3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

QG probably bought that chromebook thing at the same pawn shop he got his camera and hair trimmer from back in '08....   2008 that is, not 1908. i think...

You do know I saw your former laptop don't you? I think it predated the amstrads. It was probably used by the codebreakers at Bletchley Park.

I hope the present one works off this new fangled electricity and not powered by a treadmill! 

4 hours ago, JustSumGai said:

correct me if I'm wrong, but don't you have to be ONLINE to use Chromebooks really? I mean all yer stuff is in the the cloud no?

I thought you had to be online to use any pc. I only use it at home, or in my condo when I'm in los, which has wifi.

I don't know about this cloud stuff. I do have to send any pics I upload to cloud, wherever that is. I presume somewhere above my head.

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

You do know I saw your former laptop don't you? I think it predated the amstrads. It was probably used by the codebreakers at Bletchley Park.

I hope the present one works off this new fangled electricity and not powered by a treadmill! 

actually you're probably on the right track QG..it was 8 years old when i bought it.. 5 years back... but i confess it died a death about a week ago. Can laptops get Covid?

My new one purchased via Jimbo and Josh has everything... including Photoshop! watch out Quinn........ but you probably don't need to worry too much, your crown is secure from me..

4 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Funny that you mention Bletchley Park. Read some time ago that it was some guys in I think Poland or Czechoslovakia that broke the German code and then handed it on to the Brits, and they developed it into the system that helped win the war.

As another prolific forum poster acquires further abilities in the copy/paste/regurgitate department I can only hope these 'skills' are put to good use.

As per the well thought out title of this thread, there's yet another 'state of emergency' again tonight at midnight, as there has been on the strike of midnight every night since 25th March. According to, at least at the time, the novice copy/paster/regurgitator's thread topic title.

Bear in mind the high level of competition that already exists, albeit negligible in ability, where you can find a ".. carefully curated selection of Videos" provided by the resident automaton who blindly copy/pastes and relentlessly regurgitates the contents of his youtube subscriptions for our daily delectation and endless enjoyment.

I'm so excited to learn what the future holds and what may become the new forum normal  :Monkey:

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

DC you can put posters on 'ignore' if you don't want to see posts from them. Click on your username at top right. You will see 'Ignored Users' just above the 'Sign Out' button.

Type anyone's username in there and you won't see their posts again if they upset you so much. 

• Like 2

Any BM who sees himself as having the Board gravitas to speak what is or is not best Board practice should be mindful that such gravitas only materializes to the extent that it is expressed constructively and is not used to put down other BMs.

Anyhoo, just wanted to post that PDoggg’ Youtube screenshot above inadvertently reveals what a nice, wholesome guy he is.  His suggested videos to see next (on the right) are all music classics.  My equivalent Youtube screenshot would show mostly clips from women in prison movies and tranny hunting worldwide...

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

DC you can put posters on 'ignore' if you don't want to see posts from them. Click on your username at top right. You will see 'Ignored Users' just above the 'Sign Out' button.

Type anyone's username in there and you won't see their posts again if they upset you so much. 

51 minutes ago, Rom said:

Any BM who sees himself as having the Board gravitas to speak what is or is not best Board practice should be mindful that such gravitas only materializes to the extent that it is expressed constructively and is not used to put down other BMs.

Totally agree chaps :good:

IMG_20200501_162325.jpg

• Like 1

On 5/3/2020 at 4:00 PM, dixon cox said:

I'm so excited to learn what the future holds and what may become the new forum normal  :Monkey:

Same here. DC, do you know if cut n paste is same command on a mac as PC?

On 5/3/2020 at 5:33 PM, Quietguy said:

DC you can put posters on 'ignore' if you don't want to see posts from them.

Have already recently, which is probably the first time ever in over 15 years of using ladyboy forums, which is sad in itself. It really shouldn't be necessary. This isn't PY.

I thought such an action would be caused by some millennial troll, not a senior. Then again,  the young say the worst trolls today are older people, like myself and 99.9% of the users here.

On 5/3/2020 at 6:13 PM, Rom said:

Exactly, and in that  constructive spirit I hope we can keep this forum free from spam and to quote Jimbo "constant re-posting of news articles, football results, R.I.P.s",  and excellence. We have lately seen too much on non-excellence but instead inanity.

This is of course my own very humble opinion.

• Like 2

Guest blind boy grunt
13 hours ago, Quietguy said:

you''re not getting it QG. It's not that some of us don't want to see all posts from individuals, just the dross stuff. covid covid covid... like the adventures of the mysterious 'nid' with her beau and handsome young man trapped in england. That was complete and utter fabrication from a local newspaper that just needed column inches to fill.... couldn't you see that? it wasn't news at all.

Ignoring BMs totally is a wrong move,  as you, Duke etc both post good stuff among the dodgy newspaper reports and vlogs.

Duke has started his Vlogger club [good one Duke well done!]  great idea for such as me who is totally uninterested what vloggers say when constantly walking down soi buck gazing adoringly into the camera.  But could find a section such as 'pattaya food vlogs' useful. i.e we can pick and choose, no need to ignore at all.

:yes:

13 hours ago, Guest blind boy grunt said:

Ignoring BM's totally is a wrong move, as you, Duke etc both post good stuff among the dodgy newspaper reports and vlogs.

Duke has started his Vlogger club [good one Duke well done!]  great idea for such as me who is totally uninterested what vloggers say when constantly walking down soi buck gazing adoringly into the camera.  But could find a section such as 'pattaya food vlogs' useful. i.e we can pick and choose, no need to ignore at all.

:yes:

I don't know about that mate, I have just put two BM's on my 'ignore' list, (it's the first time I have used this function in the 9+ years that I have been a member of this forum ) and if by magic their little 'snide' comments about my posting of YouTube clips & Copy and Pasting etc have now thankfully all disappeared, which means I don't have to put up with them anymore :yahoo:

For me it's been the perfect move :wink:

• Like 3