Jump to content

Coronavirus


seven

Recommended Posts

On 5/18/2022 at 4:01 PM, Pdoggg said:

There is a lab on Pattaya Klang, just a few stores past 3rd Road on the right side if you are headed from the beach to Sukhumvit.  Two friends got tested there. Quick turnaround time and they received the proper documentation.

Both friends were going back to the USA. All they needed was an antigen test. 490 baht.

1652903186410.jpg1652903186410.jpg1652903142671.jpg1652903175788.jpg

 

About how far from the intersection of third road and pattaya klang were you talking about? like 50 yards or so?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, Ashoka said:

Maybe I walked past it.

Thanks again will look again during the day tomorrow.

Headed away from the beach, it is on the right hand side of Pattaya Klang about 10 yards past 3rd Road. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

That movie sounds fantastic. And I love almost everything Woody Harrelson is in.

It was also super exciting to see that there’s a new David Cronenberg movie on the way. He used to be one of my favorite directors, I thought he retired

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Pdoggg said:

Headed away from the beach, it is on the right hand side of Pattaya Klang about 10 yards past 3rd Road. 

Thank you PDoggg.. found it.

20220525_054024.jpg

20220525_053927.jpg

Must have been blind as a bat last night.. rolled past it and didn't see.

Again thank you!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

unbelievable!

i was sitting in a coffee place this morning, and a face masked woman pulled up on her motorbike. Took off her helmet, put on one of those plastic hairnet things that doctors etc wear. then put on a full face welders mask thing on top of the normal mask.

somewhat fascinated i watched her drinking her coffee. every sip, the welders mask went up and the face mask went down. both immediately replaced into position.

i was pondering whether i should shoot her or give her QGs email address. Possible relationship made in heaven there....

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Was chatting yesterday to a girl on wechat whom I met on one of my trips to China, just prior to Covid. Sweet young thing. My first meeting with her was surprising to say the least. I had just arrived in Qindao and found my room with the help of a Chinese friend, and was unpacking my bags when there was a knock on the door. Who should be there but my afore mentioned friend with a young girl,(about 18). He said Cheryl is here to help you with what ever you need and then left!!!!.

To say I was speechless was an understatement. Took me a while to gather my senses. She was hovering like a butterfly. No thoughts of anything sexual, (  I think), she just wanted to help. Brought back memories of a very similar thing happening in Shanghai many years ago. Her name was Rose, amd man was she pretty!.

Maybe I was a dolt and not reading the signals?. Will never know. 

Can you imagine that sort of thing happening in a Western country??. Leaving a young girl in a room with a much older guy?. We went out for dinner etc, but nothing sexual eventuated. 

The chat yesterday left me with the impression that she was not a happy girl. Has not been able to go back to see her parents since Covid appeared. Now a doctor, just works all the time. When she said she was a doctor I wondered whether she was being a bit free with the description as it was only 3 years since we last met. She was at university but that is still very quick to become a doctor. Maybe a trainee?.

Hope to get back there when the borders eventually open, but who knows when?.

mmexport1653707441968.jpg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Fenton said:

Next wave penciled in for July/August in Singapore.

Honestly I wouldn’t mind. Would keep away the riff raff and the  2-week millionaires.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Dude is a wise man. So glad he pulled through. My mom passed in 2006 at the age of 65  from non Hodgkins lymphoma , I watched her go through chemo and how fragile she was in the end. Its amazing he was able to fight covid right after treatment and beat it.

Jeff Bridges reflects on his cancer, COVID-19 battle and how he pushed himself to walk his daughter down the aisle

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jeff-bridges-cancer-covid-walking-daughter-down-the-aisle-172447356.html

Jeff Bridges was "close to dying" last year when he got COVID while battling non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

The 72-year-old The Big Lebowski star, who's now healthy and back to work making The Old Man, detailed his health crisis in a new interview, beginning with the morning he was doing routine exercises at home and felt something in his stomach.

A visit to the doctor determined, "I had a 12-by-9-inch tumor in my body," he told People. "Like a child in my body. It didn't hurt or anything."

Though he's now in remission and back in action with the new FX series The Old Man, Jeff Bridges is reflecting on the back-to-back health crises that saw him battling both non-Hodgkins lymphoma and COVID-19.

Ultimately, his health scare has helped Bridges find gratitude and new appreciation for the human condition.

"During my illness, we so often said, 'That's not really I wanted; I wanted more of this,'" he said. "But just being alive, you know — seeing, hearing, feeling, touching ... If COVID has taught us anything, it's taught us that we're all in this together, man. We're all connected. and to feel that connection in the form of love coming at you, that's something else."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jeff-bridges-was-close-to-dying-after-getting-covid-during-cancer-battle-165546659.html

He was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system, and started chemotherapy infusions followed by oral chemo. The treatment was effective.

"They got a cocktail that worked, and oh, man — it worked fast," he said. "That thing just imploded."

However, in early January 2021, he received a note from the facility where he was receiving chemotherapy, saying he had been exposed to COVID while being treated there. Bridges, who was not yet vaccinated because it wasn't available, tested positive along with his wife, Susan Geston. The couple, married 45 years next week, shared an ambulance to the hospital, where they were placed in the ICU. Bridges didn't leave the hospital for nearly five months.

"I had no defenses," he said. "That's what chemo does — it strips you of all your immune system. I had nothing to fight it."

Bridges said "COVID made my cancer look like nothing." He was in extreme pain and couldn't even roll over without needing oxygen.

"I was pretty close to dying," he admitted. "The doctors kept telling me, 'Jeff, you've got to fight. You're not fighting.' I was in surrender mode. I was ready to go. I was dancing with my mortality."

Bridges started to improve after being given convalescent plasma therapy using blood from people who've recovered from an illness to help others recover. Slowly, he gained strength, began physical therapy three times a week and ultimately recovered. Shortly after, in September, he shared that his cancer was in remission.

 

Now, he looks back at that time period as "a bizarre dream." He's happy to be back working again, but said his greatest happiness is spending time with his family — his wife, their three daughters and three grandchildren.

"Who would say, 'I'd love some cancer and give me a dose of COVID?,'" he said of the ordeal. "But my ability to receive all the love and give it was just heightened. Everything was turned up in the most beautiful way."

60e6f0e0-dd07-11ec-9ddf-0ae0cd0a582c.jpeg

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, seven said:

The Dude is a wise man. So glad he pulled through. My mom passed in 2006 at the age of 65  from non Hodgkins lymphoma , I watched her go through chemo and how fragile she was in the end. Its amazing he was able to fight covid right after treatment and beat it.

Jeff Bridges reflects on his cancer, COVID-19 battle and how he pushed himself to walk his daughter down the aisle

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jeff-bridges-cancer-covid-walking-daughter-down-the-aisle-172447356.html

Jeff Bridges was "close to dying" last year when he got COVID while battling non-Hodgkin's lymphoma.

The 72-year-old The Big Lebowski star, who's now healthy and back to work making The Old Man, detailed his health crisis in a new interview, beginning with the morning he was doing routine exercises at home and felt something in his stomach.

A visit to the doctor determined, "I had a 12-by-9-inch tumor in my body," he told People. "Like a child in my body. It didn't hurt or anything."

Though he's now in remission and back in action with the new FX series The Old Man, Jeff Bridges is reflecting on the back-to-back health crises that saw him battling both non-Hodgkins lymphoma and COVID-19.

Ultimately, his health scare has helped Bridges find gratitude and new appreciation for the human condition.

"During my illness, we so often said, 'That's not really I wanted; I wanted more of this,'" he said. "But just being alive, you know — seeing, hearing, feeling, touching ... If COVID has taught us anything, it's taught us that we're all in this together, man. We're all connected. and to feel that connection in the form of love coming at you, that's something else."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/jeff-bridges-was-close-to-dying-after-getting-covid-during-cancer-battle-165546659.html

He was diagnosed with non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, a cancer of the lymphatic system, and started chemotherapy infusions followed by oral chemo. The treatment was effective.

"They got a cocktail that worked, and oh, man — it worked fast," he said. "That thing just imploded."

However, in early January 2021, he received a note from the facility where he was receiving chemotherapy, saying he had been exposed to COVID while being treated there. Bridges, who was not yet vaccinated because it wasn't available, tested positive along with his wife, Susan Geston. The couple, married 45 years next week, shared an ambulance to the hospital, where they were placed in the ICU. Bridges didn't leave the hospital for nearly five months.

"I had no defenses," he said. "That's what chemo does — it strips you of all your immune system. I had nothing to fight it."

Bridges said "COVID made my cancer look like nothing." He was in extreme pain and couldn't even roll over without needing oxygen.

"I was pretty close to dying," he admitted. "The doctors kept telling me, 'Jeff, you've got to fight. You're not fighting.' I was in surrender mode. I was ready to go. I was dancing with my mortality."

Bridges started to improve after being given convalescent plasma therapy using blood from people who've recovered from an illness to help others recover. Slowly, he gained strength, began physical therapy three times a week and ultimately recovered. Shortly after, in September, he shared that his cancer was in remission.

 

Now, he looks back at that time period as "a bizarre dream." He's happy to be back working again, but said his greatest happiness is spending time with his family — his wife, their three daughters and three grandchildren.

"Who would say, 'I'd love some cancer and give me a dose of COVID?,'" he said of the ordeal. "But my ability to receive all the love and give it was just heightened. Everything was turned up in the most beautiful way."

60e6f0e0-dd07-11ec-9ddf-0ae0cd0a582c.jpeg

Jeff Bridges is a genuine treasure. 

BTW, some fun facts.  He met his wife while he was filming the 1975 cult classic neo-western, "Rancho Deluxe", which I highly recommend.  Look it up and watch.  It was written by the terrific author Thomas McGuane.  Look him up and read.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rancho_Deluxe

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_McGuane

It's funny but sad how every country gets known for the superficial and inconsequential, yet popular.  True talent like Jeff Bridges and Thomas McGuane are little known compared to the Kardashians; like Ingemar Stenmark is little known compared to ABBA,

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, soiboy said:

Jeff Bridges is a genuine treasure. 

Indeed. 

21 hours ago, soiboy said:

It's funny but sad how every country gets known for the superficial and inconsequential, yet popular.  True talent like Jeff Bridges and Thomas McGuane are little known compared to the Kardashians; like Ingemar Stenmark is little known compared to ABBA,

Cool. Not many know of him. I take it you're a ski bum? Hi hated the spotlight. I've never seen a person so uncomfortable with fame. 

Don't you just love the stereotypes. I'll be cruising my Volvo to Ikea listening to ABBA tomorrow. Maybe a coffee with Bjorn Borg later on, he usually hangs out at the tennis club near my home.

I don't read a lot right now in the summertime but will keep McGuane in mind. Thanks.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/6/2022 at 7:02 PM, seven said:

Indeed. 

Cool. Not many know of him. I take it you're a ski bum? Hi hated the spotlight. I've never seen a person so uncomfortable with fame. 

Don't you just love the stereotypes. I'll be cruising my Volvo to Ikea listening to ABBA tomorrow. Maybe a coffee with Bjorn Borg later on, he usually hangs out at the tennis club near my home.

I don't read a lot right now in the summertime but will keep McGuane in mind. Thanks.

I love skiing, but have never been able to do as much of it each year as I would have liked.  Extended stays in Thailand and then an extended stay during the winter out west in ski country was on the agenda before the pandemic ruined everything.  Stenmark had a legendary career, just as the phenomenal Mikaela Shiffrin is having her legendary career now.

Yep, similarly this last weekend I cranked up Charlie Daniels and drove my Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 to Home Depot to get some more sheets of plywood for the extension I'm building on my double-wide.  I stopped by my friend Bubba's to have a Mountain Dew and look at the pontoon boat he picked up at the Sheriff's auction last month.  She's a sturdy thing, with lots of coolers for beer and bait.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...