Coronavirus

seven

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

F*CK! I've just tested positive for covid-19. I thought I had a bad cold and sore throat, but thought I should test and it's positive. :sad:

20220701_115438.jpg

From my experience..

These are the meds you'll need primary to get over it.. but

#1 DO NOT OVEREXERT YOURSELF.. if you start sweating when you get up or see stars.. take it easy.. (its a sign of heart working too hard)

#2 Take the meds as necessary.. especially the acetomenophin (might be called Paracetamol in some european countries)

#3 if you have trouble breathing.. see if a nasal decongestant helps.. if not go to the hospital.

#4 There are some meds available for covid now especially for elderly people - Paxlovid comes to mind but you have to take it within the first 5 days of getting covid. Ask your local pharmacist if they have it.

#5 Try and order food rather than make it yourself.

• Like 2

I would also recommend taking 1000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily even after recovering from Covid. It has been demonstrated that Vitamin D3 boosts the immune system, particularly in those people who have low levels (little exposure to sunlight).

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, rxpharm said:

I would also recommend taking 1000 IU of Vitamin D3 daily even after recovering from Covid. It has been demonstrated that Vitamin D3 boosts the immune system, particularly in those people who have low levels (little exposure to sunlight).

seconded!

I knew I forgot something.. was Vit D and Zinc.

That's another symptom of COVID I've been having recently.. brain fog. Never had it before. Like I could meet 5 lb's in 1 day and remember everything to do a meticulous TR.

So please listen to rxpharm!

3 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Thanks! I'm not too worried. I've had four jabs so it shouldn't be too serious. It's probably the new BA.4 or BA.5 variant which is supposed to be milder, and not prevented by vaccine.

Just feels like a bad cold with sore throat, and I've been feeling tired.

Get plenty of sleep and keep hydrated in addition to the other advice.  The 4 jabs should help!  :biggrin:

Get well soon and you should be shaggin in no time!   :drinks:

• Like 1

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm feeling better today so I'm probably over the worst. I was unwell since Monday but only tested yesterday so I am supposed to self isolate for five days after positive test. I will stay inside until next Wednesday then test again.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

I'm feeling better today so I'm probably over the worst.

Good to hear. So symptoms were a bad cold?
No testing here anymore so many here myself included could’ve had it.
I’d say the Covid is now, 3 years later a part of other viruses we have to live with, just like experts predicted.

4 minutes ago, seven said:

So symptoms were a bad cold?

Yes, that is what I thought it was. It was only because there was a lot on the news yesterday about a new rise in cases that I thought I should test.

The test centres here have been closed and no more free test kits are available. Fortunately (or not) I still have some unused tests I got to take to Thailand.

If I had not still had those I would have put it down as a bad cold, not even flu as I didn't have a fever and didn't feel as bad as I did when I had 'real' flu a few years ago.

I think there are a lot of people out and about spreading it who think they just have a cold.

2 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Thanks for the advice guys. I'm feeling better today so I'm probably over the worst. I was unwell since Monday but only tested yesterday so I am supposed to self isolate for five days after positive test. I will stay inside until next Wednesday then test again.

Be careful with thinking you're better.

It went in waves for me.. morning I was feeling good... 11AM I was exhausted and symptoms were crazy again.. 3PM feeling okay.. and 7PM it'd hit like a truck again.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

Yes, that is what I thought it was. It was only because there was a lot on the news yesterday about a new rise in cases that I thought I should test.

The test centres here have been closed and no more free test kits are available. Fortunately (or not) I still have some unused tests I got to take to Thailand.

If I had not still had those I would have put it down as a bad cold, not even flu as I didn't have a fever and didn't feel as bad as I did when I had 'real' flu a few years ago.

I think there are a lot of people out and about spreading it who think they just have a cold.

On a bright side though for the next few months you won't have to worry about catching covid and you can plan a good long trip!

25 minutes ago, seven said:

Kittens are already doing handstands :biggrin::party0011::clapping:

I told Emmy that I might not be coming back to Thailand. She said I had to come back, her staff always look forward to my trips - but I think that is only because I buy them drinks! :unsure:

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, rxpharm said:

1 minute ago, seven said:

rxpharm, I’ve taken these during the last winter, when you say 1000 ug, do you mean 20 these?

I take 3000iu Vitamin D3 with K2 (which helps it's absorption) during the winter months, but have some left and will take them again. 

47 minutes ago, Quietguy said:

I told Emmy that I might not be coming back to Thailand. She said I had to come back, her staff always look forward to my trips - but I think that is only because I buy them drinks! :unsure:

45 minutes ago, duke007 said:

No shit :biggrin:

Well I didn't think it was because I am hansum sexy man! :sad:

• Haha 1