Ladyboy Scene Snobbery...

Stroker

Have any of our members noticed an element of snobbery creeping into the scene in the last year or so? From time to time we hear tales of guys being as good as ignored by others in bars because their names don't register as being perceived 'movers and shakers' on the scene (usually by guys who haven't been on the scene themselves a wet weekend).  It appears that unless you are part of a particular click and 'in the know' you are not worth talking to by some of the new generation of ladyboy lovers.  Perhaps this has been going on unnoticed for years but we don't recall it happening before.

Thoughts?

Have any of our members noticed an element of snobbery creeping into the scene in the last year or so? From time to time we hear tales of guys being as good as ignored by others in bars because their names don't register as being perceived 'movers and shakers' on the scene (usually by guys who haven't been on the scene themselves a wet weekend).  It appears that unless you are part of a particular click and 'in the know' you are not worth talking to by some of the new generation of ladyboy lovers.  Perhaps this has been going on unnoticed for years but we don't recall it happening before.

Thoughts?

I recall one of LBR's BMs telling me of an encounter he had with a fellow at Sensations not too long ago where a guy he had begun to chat with at the bar asked him who he is on THE FORUM. The LBR BM responded that he did not belong to or read any LB forums. Upon hearing this, the guy snobbishly walked away post-haste.

• Upvote 1

I recall one of LBR's BMs telling me of an encounter he had with a fellow at Sensations not too long ago where a guy he had begun to chat with at the bar asked him who he is on THE FORUM. The LBR BM responded that he did not belong to or read any LB forums. Upon hearing this, the guy snobbishly walked away post-haste.

yes i heard a couple of stories the same.....what a bunch of wankers

• Upvote 2

Not snobbery as such but one place I have somewhat avoided going is Sensations (only been there 2 or 3 times over 4 trips) as I feel out of place like no other bar in Pattaya that I have been to as it always seems like everybody knows everybody else and I know no- one else, I mentioned this to someone last trip and they told me that the majority of punters in there were from the LBP forum and it was sort like their clubhouse, I am pretty shy so I am not really one to approach a stranger in a bar, but anyways I know that me avoiding the place does nothing to make it better, but i did join that forum and post a bit so maybe it will be different this coming trip, I also don't know Scott at all which doesn't help, but by all accounts he is truly and genuinely a great guy

• Upvote 5

I've been introduced to a few guys like that , you know this is such and such from THE FORUM they always greet you with a big smile probably hoping you are gonna compliment them on their posts or something .

If you say you don't really read or bother with forums the conversation stops there . 

To be honest I take people as I find them so why should meeting some guy in a ladyboy bar be any different to any other walk of life ? We are all normal people (mostly :biggrin:

It seems rather shallow to me that some stranger would feel the need whether to speak to you or not based on your perceived cyber profile .

I've also noticed that a lot of people in real life are not the same person they portray in cyberspace .

If they are a wanker on forums you will not be disappointed - they are always a wanker in real life too , but there's so many guys who are very vocal and seem outgoing online yet are quite reserved even dare I say odd in real life . 

It suits me fine to be unknown and fly under the radar , I don't want to be known that way I get no grief from both ladyboys and BM's .

• Upvote 4

I've been introduced to a few guys like that , you know this is such and such from THE FORUM they always greet you with a big smile probably hoping you are gonna compliment them on their posts or something .

If you say you don't really read or bother with forums the conversation stops there . 

To be honest I take people as I find them so why should meeting some guy in a ladyboy bar be any different to any other walk of life ? We are all normal people (mostly :biggrin:

It seems rather shallow to me that some stranger would feel the need whether to speak to you or not based on your perceived cyber profile .

I've also noticed that a lot of people in real life are not the same person they portray in cyberspace .

If they are a wanker on forums you will not be disappointed - they are always a wanker in real life too , but there's so many guys who are very vocal and seem outgoing online yet are quite reserved even dare I say odd in real life . 

It suits me fine to be unknown and fly under the radar , I don't want to be known that way I get no grief from both ladyboys and BM's .

Yup!

Jeeezus... What a club to want to be in!!!

I've met some great blokes through these forums, I really have... But, as soon as I get someone who wants to talk forum, I'm off!.. In the main part they're Fukin' anoraks' & C.B. enthusiasts'.. Have you noticed that they've usually got something a bit gimpy going on.

At the other end of the spectrum I've witnessed an incredible inverted snobbery from what I'd call 'forum elitist's', BM's who think that they're right at the top of the pile & only want to talk to the other 'right stuff' BM's...

What an absolute bunch of cunts! :judge:

• Upvote 8

I dont go out of my way to introduce myself to guys I dont know in bars anymore,  I did however have 3 guys come over and introduce themselves to me last trip and they were sound  B)

And thankfully the guys I do hang around with in Thailand are all as common as muck  :biggrin:

• Upvote 2

Last year I wandered into 69 bar for the first time. Order a drink and spotted Spike so I moved the 3 feet across the bar and introduced myself, polite I am :)

Anyway he was ok and went round the bar introducing me to the assembled mass (about 6 punters). Anyway he introduced them by their forum names, padthaiboy etc, I knew most of them tbh but when they asked who I posted under on the forum I claimed to know nothing any forum .... the welcoming smiles disappeared and I was left adrift to talk to 3 rather nice ladies which was my plan all along.

They really are wankers and love, as someone has already posted, to hear you saying how amazing their forum posting are!

Left with 2 ladies and didn't go back to bar. I also don't bother with Sensations also due to the "club" mentality.

• Upvote 4

I have met 2 guys through this forum Cobber32 and Luung both real cool guys ,I spoke to them first here and arranged

a meeting time and place, for me that is the best way to go 

Thank you, SP, for your kind words. I must say that I've enjoyed the times we've spent talking about anything and everything. I hope we can meet up again on your future trips to LOS.

And this is the way I like it too - its being with people I like that matters, and enjoying life.

One night at Darkside, Chris introduced me to a couple of BMs and they were friendly to me, being new on the scene then. I met one of them on a later evening (sadly he doesn't seem to post much these days), and he was just as friendly as before.

Maybe the bar atmosphere attracted the friendlier guys. I'm pretty much a loner anyway, so snobbery doesn't matter so much to me.

• Upvote 1

Not snobbery as such but one place I have somewhat avoided going is Sensations (only been there 2 or 3 times over 4 trips) as I feel out of place like no other bar in Pattaya that I have been to as it always seems like everybody knows everybody else and I know no- one else, I mentioned this to someone last trip and they told me that the majority of punters in there were from the LBP forum and it was sort like their clubhouse, I am pretty shy so I am not really one to approach a stranger in a bar, but anyways I know that me avoiding the place does nothing to make it better, but i did join that forum and post a bit so maybe it will be different this coming trip, I also don't know Scott at all which doesn't help, but by all accounts he is truly and genuinely a great guy

I was just about to vote your post up..till i read the last bit... :blink:

Where is the vote down button...???? <_<  :winking0023:  

I have met 2 guys through this forum Cobber32 and Luung both real cool guys ,I spoke to them first here and arranged

a meeting time and place, for me that is the best way to go

I enjoyed your company too, mate, & hopefully we'll meet again sometime!...

I agree with you & JimSlim, that interacting on the forum first, before a meet, is most definitely the way to go... Same as a dating site really, you should be able to feel out or gauge whether you'll be compatible within a handful of exchanges of banter.

Overall, the personal interactions that I've had with fellow BM's, who I've known via a correspondence basis first, have (usually) turned out to be very fulfilling experiences with mature, intelligent & worldly blokes...

It goes badly wrong when go down to places like Pattaya & inadvertently meet inflated 'Forum Muppets' in Ladyboy bars

• Upvote 1

I had exactly the same experience when I visited the new Sensations last year, I went in with high expectations but had a rather instant dislike of the place, a lot of cliquey bunches of guys in there, when I popped outside for a smoke and could overhear conversations there only seemed to be one topic, the (LBP) forum. I'm pretty sure I'll grow to like the place though, as I loved the former location.

Back home I read the forums most days as you can sort of live vicariously through everyone's tales, but when I'm in LOS I rarely read the forums and they are the last thing on my mind as you are in the ladyboy reality zone.

Most of the guys I know off this forum I met from the LB69 forum and are all good guys. Globetrotter, what dates are you in Patts? On my upcoming trip I'll be in town from 20 March to 25 March, in BKK and Phnom Penh either side of those dates. It's my 40th bday on 21 March so I'll probably have a party, I hope a few guys are around that night for a catch up.

• Upvote 2

I had exactly the same experience when I visited the new Sensations last year, I went in with high expectations but had a rather instant dislike of the place, a lot of cliquey bunches of guys in there, when I popped outside for a smoke and could overhear conversations there only seemed to be one topic, the (LBP) forum. I'm pretty sure I'll grow to like the place though, as I loved the former location.

Back home I read the forums most days as you can sort of live vicariously through everyone's tales, but when I'm in LOS I rarely read the forums and they are the last thing on my mind as you are in the ladyboy reality zone.

Most of the guys I know off this forum I met from the LB69 forum and are all good guys. Globetrotter, what dates are you in Patts? On my upcoming trip I'll be in town from 20 March to 25 March, in BKK and Phnom Penh either side of those dates. It's my 40th bday on 21 March so I'll probably have a party, I hope a few guys are around that night for a catch up.

I would not give two shits about the cliquey bunches of guys mate............ drinking Tiger draught at 70 baht a pop, some good looking LB's around, Footy on the TV, a smoking area and an amiable host is all I need  B)

I will be in Pattaya during your visit, busy on the 20th ( Man City v Man United at 11pm), catch you on your Birthday buddy for a few drinks, keep us informed when and where you might hold your Party and post it here.... :drinks:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6825-party-season-2016/

And as they say life begins at 40, it did for me as I made my first trip to LOS  when I hit 40 back in 2001  :rolleye0012:

• Upvote 1

Guest LaBambaBar

I would not give two shits about the cliquey bunches of guys mate............ drinking Tiger draught at 70 baht a pop, some good looking LB's around, Footy on the TV, a smoking area and an amiable host is all I need  B)

I will be in Pattaya during your visit, busy on the 20th ( Man City v Man United at 11pm), catch you on your Birthday buddy for a few drinks, keep us informed when and where you might hold your Party and post it here.... :drinks:

http://www.ladyboyreview.com/forum/index.php?/topic/6825-party-season-2016/

And as they say life begins at 40, it did for me as I made my first trip to LOS  when I hit 40 back in 2001  :rolleye0012:

B.C.?

:rolleye0012:

• Upvote 1