Is being at home shit?

bumblebee

So if,Jan and Feb are so shit , where do you actually live Mr Siam Sam , not so bad where I live , is it really so bad in Toronto Mr Siam Sam ?

It was said in jest with tongue in cheek. Nonetheless anywhere back east in North America during January and February can be, and usually is a gruelling, miserable, freezing, wet, slushy, bone-numbing, and gimme a bullet to the head experience. This past winter is a prime example. Probably one of the harshest on record.

BTW, Toronto is miserable any month of the year. :biggrin:  

and what about all the brazilian, southamerican philipino etc. etc. etc. ladyboys that go to work abroad?
i live in italy and 99 % of the working ladyboys are foregneirs.....do they miss home? do they really like living here ? even if they get a lot of money ( i doubt it at this moment...the cash is not flowing and rates went down to Thailand levels..we are talking about 2.000 bath / 50 euros ) are they feeling lonely? Is being abroad shit?
sometimes i go to my chinese lb here and spend an afternoon with her....just talking about Asia......we weep a little...and we make love...so ain't so bad.

Damn good point sustra2. It is hard enough trying to make a living in their own country let alone in a foreign land where they have no connections or support mechanisms in place to help in the process. 

• Upvote 1

and a good night out whenever I want one. That certainly isn't on par with what's available back home. Apart from my parents I miss nothing about Farangland at all, maybe decent and reasonably priced cheese.

Are you seriously thinking that we cannot have a good night out in our homelands when we want one?, because its not on a par with "you"  doesn't mean it the same for "everybody", I am also very very fortunate to see my parents everyday which is something I would not swap for anything in the world.

btw...some great half-price offers on cheese at the mo here in Blighty   :biggrin:

Anyways, roll on June 12th and the Philippines  :happy0065:

(no countdown clock BB  8P )

Ah come on , Dave, i know you would love living here full-time stacking cans on a shelf :biggrin:

Yeah that 10 minutes stacking beer shelves each shift does kinda get in the way of being a Pub "manager" (of nearly 20 years),  my other duties such as dealing with the Staff, Customers, Stock, Takings, Cellar servicing, maintenance etc etc etc seem somewhat irrelevant   :biggrin:

and rates went down to Thailand levels..we are talking about 2.000 bath / 50 euros )

Hmmm. I might  buzz you this summer sustra. Are you near Milano? Roma?.

I payed  200-250 euro each time in Milano a few years ago. The brasilians are in my book, as interesting as thai ladyboys.

Hmmm. I might  buzz you this summer sustra. Are you near Milano? Roma?.

I payed  200-250 euro each time in Milano a few years ago. The brasilians are in my book, as interesting as thai ladyboys.

ha ha...it will be my pleasure..from Milano it takes just 1 hour by train...i'll introduce You to some brazilian ( plenty of them )....( 200-250 because they know you are not italian and they double/triple the price...and Milano is the most expensive city here )

Are you seriously thinking that we cannot have a good night out in our homelands when we want one?, because its not on a par with "you"  doesn't mean it the same for "everybody"

That's not what I said Mr.Duke. You appear to be interpreting what I've written as some form of personal slant against you and yours.  The world from where I'm sitting is based upon my own experiences, not a life spent in your shoes.  I'm talking about me, not you.

I'm extremely content with where I am right now and have looked forward to this Thailand-test for years. No-one truly knows what the future holds or if things will work out the way they'd hoped, but right now it's exceeded expectations and I don't regret it for a second. 

I've never felt so relaxed or had such a carefree, work-free and stress-free period of time for such a long length of time in my life before.  My life back home prior to my move was really good, but I'd had decades of it and wanted a change. Working within investment banking for over a decade was very stressful too, but I accepted that as a means to an end.  I'm now relishing the choice I made and will continue to do so for as long as I choose.

Try not to take things so personally or feel that what people have to say is somehow about you. I can assure you, it's not.

Apologies for being happy :biggrin:

Anyways, roll on June 12th and the Philippines  :happy0065:

:happy0148:

I'd move there for good in a heartbeat if I had the means. Everyone I was really close to has died in the last ten years, cancer, suicide, old age, cancer.  I do not like the modern american "culture" (which seems 100% based on money and what you buy/wear/own). The movies suck, the cars are boring and the music...same. I feel like Rip Van Winkle, just woke up and don't see anything I know anymore.

I find the weirdness of things over there wonderful.  I LOATHE winter, and am used to heat and humidity so it's better for me over there that way too. No family.  I never have gone as a holiday maker or ladyboy hunter.  I barely even drink. I go to live there, in an everyday way, as I do there. I guess I am one who would say life is shit here for me. Boring. Time to move on. At the very least I'll spend as much time as possible over there. With any luck I'll move for good soon and go up a Wat chimney in due time.

added for balance :)

• Upvote 1

I never thought for one second it was a personal attack or it was just about me DC, yeah I took your post about having a good night out the wrong way (I will admit to that) but I will dispute this post you made

"I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one second that someone can claim to be just as happy back home versus kicking-back in Thailand or another SE Asian country.  For many returning home it's a means to an end.

I guess self-denial is one way to deal with reducing the Thailand Blues"

Thing is I am claiming to be just as happy living in my home country than I would in Thailand, apologies for that :happy0065: 

I do not like the modern american "culture" (which seems 100% based on money and what you buy/wear/own).

Surely you are not suggesting thais aren't horny for money?

I've lived in both USA and Europe, spent some time in Thailand, and I think thais are some of the most materialistic people I've ever met.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one second that someone can claim to be just as happy back home versus kicking-back in Thailand or another SE Asian country.  For many returning home it's a means to an end.

You have one of those someone's here DC.

Having a wide circle of great friends and an active social life which allows me to indulge in various leisurely pursuits both above and below the waistline, based in England/Europe for the spring, summer & autumn months suits me beautifully for the time being and I would happily look you straight in the eye over a cold beer and say that to your face

• Upvote 3

You have one of those someone's here DC.

Having a wide circle of great friends and an active social life which allows me to indulge in various leisurely pursuits both above and below the waistline, based in England/Europe for the spring, summer & autumn months suits me beautifully for the time being and I would happily look you straight in the eye over a cold beer and say that to your face.

Long term plans are in place for my future re-location, but right now I'm happy doing things the way I do.

There's at least one exception to every rule.

You're a man of means Mr.Pentire and unless having a few wagers is considered work you're a man of leisure too.  The only alarm clock you're likely to hear is an early riser to get to an event or to the airport   :biggrin:

Previously I was comparing my old life to what it is now.  

You can't beat a good bit of generalisation to ruffle a few feathers  :db:

• Upvote 1

Surely you are not suggesting thais aren't horny for money?

I've lived in both USA and Europe, spent some time in Thailand, and I think thais are some of the most materialistic people I've ever met.

heavens no, but they're such newbs at it. Quite basic. Also it does not bother me so much because it's not MY country. I'm greatly saddened to see the (at one time) promise of freedom turn into a promise of freedom to SHOP and constant almost humming backround noise to buy buy buy. Even PBS has basically gone commercial.  Mostly the only exhortations to buy are beer banners in Cambodia where I might likely locate. Of course Bangkok or any major Thai city will be just about as bad, but since I don't speak Thai I don't notice the depth of soul selling purchase whores. I rather like it that food and a little beer can cause an instant party. Mostly I avoid tourist areas so what you speak of is not quite so prevalent (or obvious at least). Those types usually hot foot it to Bangkok or Pattaya, etc. 

• Upvote 2

Sorry guys, I'm sure I'll be drummed out of the corps for this, but....

I had booked nearly 3 weeks in LOS this last trip. I changed my flight and returned home after a bit under 2 weeks. 

Bottom line for me is that now that I'm in a very happy and stable relationship at home, I'd much rather be here. My home is very very comfortable, I've got 4 loving pets that I love very much and enjoy, and one really big human pet that is a delight even when she (and I) are both being a pain in the ass.

I have much better access to everything here except prostitutes and thai food, and the weather - although a bit colder and wetter - is far more comfortable and less humid than on my February/March excursion.

Never been a big fan of the bars and bar scene. And although it's fantastic to get to hang out with buddies like PDog, BBee, SiamSam, JaiDee, Dixon, DDuke, Route69, Thaibound, Rickshaw, Xyyyzzz, 7, etc... (sorry if I missed/left out anyone) - it's great to see you all, but I prefer my home and life here.

Does someone want to show me the door?

• Upvote 2

I had booked nearly 3 weeks in LOS this last trip. I changed my flight and returned home after a bit under 2 weeks. 

Bottom line for me is that now that I'm in a very happy and stable relationship at home, I'd much rather be here. My home is very very comfortable, I've got 4 loving pets that I love very much and enjoy, and one really big human pet that is a delight even when she (and I) are both being a pain in the ass.

I have much better access to everything here except prostitutes and thai food, and the weather - although a bit colder and wetter - is far more comfortable and less humid than on my February/March excursion.

Never been a big fan of the bars and bar scene. And although it's fantastic to get to hang out with buddies like PDog, BBee, SiamSam, JaiDee, Dixon, DDuke, Route69, Thaibound, Rickshaw, Xyyyzzz, 7, etc... (sorry if I missed/left out anyone) - it's great to see you all, but I prefer my home and life here.

Does someone want to show me the door?

Doesn't surprise me in the least. I kinda half expected this especially after our recent meet up and hearing about that special human pet. Good on you DT. Can't wait to heat about your last visit to LOS. See you soon. 

I'm sorry, but I don't believe for one second that someone can claim to be just as happy back home versus kicking-back in Thailand or another SE Asian country.  

There's at least one exception to every rule.

You're a man of means Mr.Pentire and unless having a few wagers is considered work you're a man of leisure too.  

You started out with a pretty bold statement there but I'm glad to see you can now admit that a least one of us is happy now. 

Me I've just been for a cycle along the riverbank in the spring sunshine , home for a quick snack then out later to play football with my mates .

In between I'll go online and buy a few records I've been after I'm pretty busy most weekends Djing now .

Not long to summer when I'll spend most weekends in the mountains ...ah the great Irish outdoors .

I might even curse the British Royal family out loud secure in the certain knowledge that I won't get eight years hard labour for doing so .

Life sure is shit ...when I'm tucked up all snug in my new bed with freshly changed sheets tonight I might dream of a 400 Baht room in Soi Buckaroo with faulty aircon  :lazy:

• Upvote 3

This June I will be playing golf at Royal Portrush, venue for the 2019 British open. A few weeks later I am taking the short ferry ride over to Scotland, to play Gleneagles, venue of last years Ryder Cup. Then in July I will driving 2 hours down the road to play The K Club, venue of the 2006 Ryder Cup. Around all that I have my sister's wedding, and probably a trip down to the scenic coastal town of Bray, to share a few Guinness with good friends.

Yes indeed, at those times I do envy someone who can say they are looking forward to a night in Sensations. It just isn't fair. :sign0181:

• Upvote 3

Yes indeed, at those times I do envy someone who can say they are looking forward to a night in Sensations. It just isn't fair. :sign0181:

Just back from there after a great St Patricks party :biggrin:

La Bamba management and 3 staff members in attendance too, but you're right , what do we know? We would be better off in Ireland playing golf.

Sensations Bar is fun, as in happy people  laughing and having a good time

• Upvote 1

Sensations Bar certainly is fun Seven, and I most certainly will be looking forward to having a few beers there next week.

And no, I am sure playing golf in Ireland is not everybody's thing. But it is MINE.

But, the title of the thread "Is being home shit" and some people suggested that I would honestly rather be in Pattaya permanently, living their lifestyle, i.e looking forward solely to a night at Sensations as a great way of life, and my humdrum lifestyle I spend every waking hour dreaming of my return to Pattaya, and trying to think how I can manufacture a permanent move there!!! That would certainly not be MY choice of lifestyle.

But let's not argue about our individual preferences over a keyboard brother Seven, when we can hopefully discuss it over a few beers next week my friend.

• Upvote 1

I doubt you will get knocked by the guys here for bailing out early DT. When it's time to go home it's time to go home and I always enjoy it after having had a satisfactory trip.

I find it strange when I see guys making comments along the lines "gutted to be going home." as if the fact they have to leave has come out of the blue and caught them by surprise. Why anyone would be gutted to be going back to where people genuinely love them and they have rights in the eyes of the law is beyond me.

"gutted to be going home."

I think the guys who are are "gutted to be going home" are guys who have stressful jobs that they don't enjoy which is a large percentage of people.

There were lots of things that I didn't enjoy at my old job and that's how I felt.  The day to day grind of work is a huge contrast to Disneyland For Adults.

Most Yanks don't get much vacation time so 49 weeks of work and 3 weeks of vacation is tough if you don't like your job. 

Guys who are passionate about their jobs are quite fortunate.  Guys who "kind of like" their jobs, but have good bosses and co-workers are probably more typical though.  Then there are guys who hate their jobs and hate the people they work with but can not duplicate the money and benefits elsewhere.

Disneyland For Adults is a powerful drug.   Some guys never felt sexually deprived at home.  But my guess is the majority of guys never got all the sex they wanted from whomever they wanted it from.  So Thailand is like heaven. And Work like hell.

I don't regret moving to Thailand.  I have many cousins but no immediate family.  I had lots of friends back home, two of them are in Pattaya right now.  But have loads of new friends.   Almost all my new friends are into ladyboys which is sort of strange I guess.

I was happy enough at home.  It wasn't shit.  And I am happy enough in Thailand though the Disneyland has worn off.

If I could have my old apartment back at the same way below market price and my old job back (can't have either) then I'd go back and just take holidays to Thailand for awhile.  Looking back there's lots I could have done to make my job less stressful.  But I needed a break, a long break.

I'm kind of surprised that this particular thread stirred up emotions.  It's not a thread like "Is it wrong to give a ladyboy less than 1000 baht for shortime"  which is guaranteed to get heated.   :biggrin:

Nobody has mentioned ladyboys in this thread.  I would think all the same feelings would apply if everyone here only went with GGs.  I guess ladyboy cock is just a bonus.

• Upvote 3