The Big LBR Non Google Trivia Quiz

bumblebee

4 hours ago, Quietguy said:

Obviously no astronomers or Greek speakers on here.

The answer is Sirius, also known as Alpha Canis Majoris or the Dog Star. 8.611 light years from Earth. 

The brightest after Sirius is Vega (Sorry, I'm wrong. Vega is the brightest after Arcturus that is the brightest in teh northern hemisphere). 

At the romantime, Sirius was called the small dog by Egyptian people. In ancient  Egypt the arrival of the star Sirius warned of the annual flooding of the Nile. That was also a hot season that which resulted in the melting of snow in Kilimanjaro. The small dog, canicula in latine gave the word "canicula" for a heat wave in many European languages. 

• Like 4
12 hours ago, Pulci Gorgon said:

The brightest after Sirius is Vega (Sorry, I'm wrong. Vega is the brightest after Arcturus that is the brightest in teh northern hemisphere). 

At the romantime, Sirius was called the small dog by Egyptian people. In ancient  Egypt the arrival of the star Sirius warned of the annual flooding of the Nile. That was also a hot season that which resulted in the melting of snow in Kilimanjaro. The small dog, canicula in latine gave the word "canicula" for a heat wave in many European languages. 

Well, aren’t you mister smarty-pants. Did you recall this from memory or did you cheat again? :biggrin:

okay, me being impressed by Quinns dedication to Quiz nights,  And Quietguy's knowledge of stars and planets. Here's a question:

But first a clue.. The answer isn't the aforementioned Quietguy, although it is heavily rumoured [well it is now..]  that he shot 5 guys before he was 12, or maybe 12 guys before he was 5, one of them anyway.. This of course was long before he retired from being a Gunslinger to ride with Fidel and Che. And even before he recently opened a Afgnani trannie's grooming emporium in West London.

So, the answer isn't Quietguy [Kid Poke]... the question is  'Which  Gunslinger is considered to have been the biggest KIller in the wild west?

• Like 2
3 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

okay, me being impressed by Quinns dedication to Quiz nights,  And Quietguy's knowledge of stars and planets. Here's a question:

But first a clue.. The answer isn't the aforementioned Quietguy, although it is heavily rumoured [well it is now..]  that he shot 5 guys before he was 12, or maybe 12 guys before he was 5, one of them anyway.. This of course was long before he retired from being a Gunslinger to ride with Fidel and Che. And even before he recently opened a Afgnani trannie's grooming emporium in West London.

So, the answer isn't Quietguy [Kid Poke]... the question is  'Which  Gunslinger is considered to have been the biggest KIller in the wild west?

Billy the Kid?

1 hour ago, Sylvester said:

Is this a riddle or a trivia question, BBG!? :huh:

just a genuine question hombre.

1 hour ago, Quietguy said:

bbg didn't say the gunslinger wasn't a good guy.

he certainly wasn't. Although in American folk tradition, just like Billy the Kid , Bonnie and Clyde and others of that ilk. , he's become a bit of a Robin Hood. figure.

But obviously no Wild West cowpoke fans on here,  Lefty or Seven  certainly would get it with this with this, the last clue..

back around 1967, Bob Dylan released a country album titled with the gunslingers name but slightly mis-spelt

1 hour ago, blind boy grunt said:

Lefty or Seven  certainly would get it with this with this, the last clue..

back around 1967, Bob Dylan released a country album titled with the gunslingers name but slightly mis-spelt

I'll take a guess - Liberty Vallance? I don't know who he was or that album but I know there was a song 'the Man who shot Liberty Vallance'.

2 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

Lefty or Seven  certainly would get it with this with this, the last clue.

Is that a clue? There was a song called Pancho and Lefty about Pancho Morales a Mexican bandit.

Edit: I posted this before I saw your post above. I don't know who John Wesley Harding is either.

10 hours ago, blind boy grunt said:

In young guns 2 billy the kid has been biggest killer