PATTAYA ACCOMODATION

duke007

Reallys thats it, great news as I thought it was way further than that

Depends on your pace and like thaibound said, the distractions along the way. Allow for 15 minutes. Head south on Soi Buakao to Pattaya s\South, Then down Pattaya South to Beach Road and Walking Street is on your left. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Since I have been coming to Pattaya over the years I have often stayed at August Suites and always enjoyed my stay there. My rates have averaged between $45.00 and $60.00 a night. I went online this evening and tried to booked 10 nights over Christmas and New Years. I was quoted $570.00 a NIGHT on a number of hotel sites including theirs!!! I was shocked. What is going on? Is this an internet burp or has August gone big time? 

Any intel on this?

• Upvote 1

Sam, they are reaching for the stars because there are people who will pay that. There are many who know no better. And it is the peak of the High season when lots of people want to visit. The hotel can always let any surplus rooms to walk-ins at reduced prices but even if they are only half full, they are making a lot more money & saving on staff as well.

Some hotels started this years ago & it's no surprise that others want to try it too. If it doesn't work, prices can come down in an instant. 

• Upvote 1

Sam, it's either an internet burp or a very bad marketing decision.

I just checked Agoda and looked at December 22 for 10 nights. August Suites - B16,992 per night. 

Then I checked the same dates for Page 10, which is arguably a nicer hotel with a bit more cachet. B3,117 per night.

I exchanged emails with the folks at Page 10 yesterday regarding my own reservations (later in January) and they offered me a discount off the rates shown on their site, which are lower than the rates shown by Agoda.

That should give you some idea of what you're dealing with.

P.S. - I suspect if you book a Deluxe room at Page 10 you'll never go back to August Suites.

• Upvote 1

• 2 months later...

I agree with DT with regards to getting a cheaper cost from the Page 10 hotel dealing direct via mail.

Not only a very nice hotel in a very good location but a gaggle of lb's working there and a very cute one working at the pool bar.

Important note: loved the cleaning staff as they took care of everything for me during my last stay.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

We have indexed our Pattaya hotels to areas and price range now and will add to the list over the coming week.  We aim with your help to make it the definitive list of accommodation in the Pattaya area for guest friendly places to stay.

We hope this is a useful addition for our members in the New Year.

Pattaya Accommodation Master List

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Just added a couple of more accommodation options to the Pattaya Accommodation Master List.  Guys we would really appreciate if you used our links on AsiaHotel&Travel  We have accommodation sections for Bangkok, Pattaya, Hua Hin and Chiang Mai as well as Cambodia and The Philippines.  For other locations in Asia and WorldWide please use the Agoda or Hotels.com search function on Asia Hotel and Travel. 

This site has no connection with ladyboys, if that is a concern, and the rooms are the same price using our Agoda links as they would be Googling Agoda and Hotels.com. 

Thanks for your continued support guys, as always anything that helps the forum is very much appreciated. :hi:

I stayed at the Full Love Inn Hotel once, granted it was only for a couple of hours (with Fon from sensations) in the early hours of the morning after I had left my key cards in my room at the Chow Soy thus locking myself out at 3am

The colourful room I had was excellent and very comfortable, it is known for being a Short-Time hotel and not somewhere you could call home for your holiday but if you did fancy a night away from the missus or fancy a few hours fun away from her in the afternoon then its perfect imho :biggrin:

http://www.fullloveinn.com/index.php

Contemporary Stylepost-136-0-94212100-1390327479_thumb.jpgpost-136-0-97966000-1390328485_thumb.jpgThai Stylepost-136-0-60032100-1390328548_thumb.jpgCircle Bed roompost-136-0-03944300-1390328588_thumb.jpgMirror Stylepost-136-0-98617000-1390328620_thumb.jpgColourful Style

post-136-0-83387100-1390327313_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-08321100-1390327442_thumb.jpg

post-136-0-85754300-1390328656_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for attempting to use our links Sam.

I think when booking a hotel it's best to check with the hotel directly and also check it on two different Hotel sites.

Now u would think that it would be cheaper booking direct but I have been in situations where I booked with Agoda for a couple nights and they wouldn't let me extend my stay at the Agoda rates and instead had to extend thru Agoda.

But often it's cheaper to book directly so due diligence involves checking both ways.

I think the best two sites are Hotels.com and Agoda

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/154-hotelscom/

http://www.asiahotelandtravel.com/index.php?/topic/61-agoda-half-price-specials/

Agoda "appears" cheaper but for Thailand hotels you have to add 17.7% for tax and service so the rate is often exactly the same to baht.  But Hotels.com has a better loyalty program.

Guys if you do use Agoda or Hotels.com please use our links on Asia Hotel and Travel.

Of course if booking direct with the hotel is cheaper then of course you should take the lowest possible rate.  But if booking with Agoda or Hotels.com please use our links.

Just today, I manage get a very good monthly rate by dealing with manager of August Suites but he knows me.  If any of our regular posters need help with direct reservations just let me or BB know and we'll check out rates for you in our strolls around town.

In March, August Suites seems to be an excellent choice.  And anyone who doesn't care about a pool should look into the 1 Bedrooms at Mosaik, great rooms but I never developed a relationship with their managers unlike the April/August people or one of the agents for Yensabai Condo.

Btw, if you make any purchase through Asia Hotel and Travel, can be hotels, airfare, consumer products, just let me know what you bought and we'll give you three free months membership to Ladyboy Legends site.

• Upvote 1

Tried to book the Mosaik through forum/Agoda for March and they told me there was nothing available. I then emailed the Mosaik directly and they told me they had studios and one bedrooms available.

Just the opposite seems to be happening with April Suites and August Suites presently.  Agoda and Latestays shows rooms available but when calling direct, I am told that there is nothing.  I went in and asked one of the guys there about that and he said that sometimes they don't inform the booking sites when they are full and when guests arrive who have booked non-directly, they are sent to other hotels.  If you book through Agoda, it pays to confirm the reservation.